Well something is going on finally - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 09:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Still pregnant. I spent all day yesterday contracting off and on. I'm getting really frustrated with this whole thing, it honestly feels like being tortured. I'm going to give my midwife a call today and maybe stop by and see her.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#62 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 09:37 AM

Oh Katie, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going better

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#63 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 11:05 AM

I'm sorry things aren't moving along Katie! I keep checking back here to see... hoping for good news for you! Maybe your midwife can be of some help...

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#64 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM

I'm so sorry, mama. I hope this gets going for your for real soon! Hang in there.
#65 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 12:36 PM

Just a sugguestion Katie, but do you know any good acupuncturists that could do an "induction" for you?

We have a couple in our area that mw's send people to when they just need that extra little bump. I know 3 people personally that delivered within a day of their treatments, so it might be worth a try?

I'm pretty sure they don't do just "uterine" points, but all the different "flushing out" points so it gets your whole system moving things down and out.

Keep us posted!

Sadie
#66 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 03:05 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to see my midwife today at 4. I know its probably a combination of things right now that are holding me up. DH leaves on Sunday and part of him really doesn't want to be here for the birth because its going to make it that much harder to leave. He's also engaging in some imaginary thinking and feels like not having met the newest baby will give the universe a good reason to get him home safely. Just in these last few days I've realized how immensely hard this is going to be with DS. We're going to be alone together for a while once I go into labor because my midwife is far away from me, and having to get everything together and take care of him in labor is scaring me. I'm having a hard time completely relaxing and doing what I need to in order to facilitate labor. With every day that goes by I'm getting more and more worn out with the stop-start labor, today I just feel so emotionally and physically exhausted I don't even know how I'd make it through if the real thing were to happen. I just wish there was some magic button to switch this off right now.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#67 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 03:33 PM

>hugs< I know how you feel with the stop and go labor deal and little ones to care for at the same time. It really does make it tough to relax "properly". i cant imagine the feelings you must be dealing with with DH leaving, the pros and cons of him being there for the birth etc. Youll def continue in my thoughts and prayers! I have 1 week where i know i "cant" go into labor(tonight is my cut off ) casue i have no child care, vehicle, running water or anything .. i cant imagine if DH was leaving for an extended time.
#68 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 07:22 PM

Just wanted to let you know you're in my thoughts, I know how tough some of this must be for you and your family.

#69 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 08:05 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thinking of you, Katie. I wish I could help you in some practical way (I'm in SC), but I think our due dates are very, very close.
#70 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 10:20 PM - Thread Starter

I was 4cm at my appointment. She gave me a lot of reassurance that I'm doing everything right and its just a matter of time. I'm starting to have some pretty hard contractions tonight so lets cross our fingers and hope this is it :

#71 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 10:27 PM

I'll be thinking about you tonight! Can you manage to suffer through another orgasm? I know its the LAST thing that you want to do at 4cm but I can't think of a better way to get things going!!!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#72 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeliphish View Post
I'll be thinking about you tonight! Can you manage to suffer through another orgasm? I know its the LAST thing that you want to do at 4cm but I can't think of a better way to get things going!!!
Its really hard for me to O during pregnancy Its like everything sensory is shut off down there and I can't feel much, sometimes its possible but I usually end up in pain before I get that far. My IL's are here tonight so we don't have much privacy for it either.

I'm standing here at the counter and they're coming pretty regularly, which is a difference because they usually peter out when I'm on my feet. I let DS nurse before bed and I think that helped.

#73 of 118 Old 05-01-2009, 10:40 PM

I'm crossing my fingers for you Katie!
#74 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 12:15 AM

I'll send you out a little labor prayer and hope to hear some good news in the morning!

Sadie
#75 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 12:27 AM

I'm almost afraid to post, because I sometimes think I jinx people.
:

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#76 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

They died down to nothing after a while. I lost some more mucus plug and had some bloody show but that was it. I have resigned to this I guess, for some reason unknown this is just the way its going to be. I just have so many emotions going on right now and I'm trying to sort through all of them. Thank you all for being here for me, without all the reassurance I don't know where I'd be.

#77 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 08:41 AM

Oh mama s

4cm dilate is good, bloody show is good. Stay strong Katie that baby's coming. Your body is making progress and you'l be well on your way when it all kicks into high gear. A positive a least.

Remind your body that it knows what it's doing and that you have faith in it.

Hope things move a long for you soon. This is not what you need to be going through along with everything else.
#78 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM

Aww, I know you must be frustrated and have all kinds of feelings going on right now! You do have lots of positive signs, I'm still hopeful this will happen for you very very soon!

#79 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 10:37 AM

Still thinking about you and sending you good wishes.
#80 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

#81 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Its really hard for me to O during pregnancy Its like everything sensory is shut off down there and I can't feel much, sometimes its possible but I usually end up in pain before I get that far. My IL's are here tonight so we don't have much privacy for it either.

I'm standing here at the counter and they're coming pretty regularly, which is a difference because they usually peter out when I'm on my feet. I let DS nurse before bed and I think that helped.
omg you're going to think I'm such a weirdo lol, but does it work better on your own?? It was almost impossible for me to O with DH during the 3rd trimester but when i found peace and quiet and access to a nice erotic story on the internet...I was good to go. COME ON LABOR!!:

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#82 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeliphish View Post
omg you're going to think I'm such a weirdo lol, but does it work better on your own?? It was almost impossible for me to O with DH during the 3rd trimester but when i found peace and quiet and access to a nice erotic story on the internet...I was good to go. COME ON LABOR!!:
ditto

good luck mama... :

#83 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 12:41 PM

This is the last time I'm going to post here until after that baby's born (because I'm a jinx ).
Katie

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#84 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 01:34 PM

Katie, wish I could offer something more tangible........

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#85 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 06:46 PM

I am sorry things are taking so long to get going. You have lots on your plate mama. Hang in there. I am thinking about you. ((hugs))

Heather, mama to Milo Grey 11.14.07 and Harper Moon 08.06.09

#86 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 07:48 PM

I'm hoping that you are doing well today and that your body decides what it wants to do!! :

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#87 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 10:21 PM - Thread Starter

I feel good today, had a few contractions this afternoon and a bit more bloody show but I think this baby is going to hold off until next week at least. I may have a visit with my chiro on Monday and see if the babe's positioning has anything to do with this since I feel something getting caught up on my right hip during contractions. We say goodbye to DH tomorrow afternoon, I've been fighting off tears all day and I really don't know how I'm going to make it through tomorrow. I feel like its going to be the hardest day of my life. My heart is breaking for DS and I know he's going to cry when DH says goodbye to us, that is the hardest part of all. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts, I definitely feel all of your strength and well-wishes here with me.

#88 of 118 Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I feel good today, had a few contractions this afternoon and a bit more bloody show but I think this baby is going to hold off until next week at least. I may have a visit with my chiro on Monday and see if the babe's positioning has anything to do with this since I feel something getting caught up on my right hip during contractions. We say goodbye to DH tomorrow afternoon, I've been fighting off tears all day and I really don't know how I'm going to make it through tomorrow. I feel like its going to be the hardest day of my life. My heart is breaking for DS and I know he's going to cry when DH says goodbye to us, that is the hardest part of all. Thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts, I definitely feel all of your strength and well-wishes here with me.
Oh Katie! My heart is swelling with empathy for you right now. You'll be in my thoughts all day. I hope the transition isn't too hard on you, and I hope that we can help support you in the ways you need in this time. I'm so sorry he's leaving. I know what you mean about ds crying because its always harder on us mamas when we see them hurting like that.

Hugs!

Sadie
#89 of 118 Old 05-03-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
i'm so sorry katie, we'll all be here to virtually hold your hand mama

How soon after you have the baby will you be able to notify dh? will you be able to call him or will you have to wait for him to call you?

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#90 of 118 Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Oh Katie, you'll be in my thoughts today. I know how hard this must be for you, DH and DS. Take care of yourself,

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page