late may gals - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 10:57 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AustGirl, I was feeling very worried about BFing as well..You tend to hear a lot of horror stories about it, no one ever wants to tell you the nice things I guess

DH and I took a BFing class at our hospital, which was free and it was absolutely wonderful! It was basically a discussion for almost 4 hours about all our concerns etc. I don't know if you have an opportunity to do one of these but if you can definitely make time for it! It was really really helpful!

I told my MW I bought a ton of powerades yesterday and she asked if they were the ones that were dyed, of course, she said those aren't so good with all the artificial junk in them (I knew that, but they were cheap!) and that generally I wouldn't need the electrolytes all that much unless I was sweating profusely or needed the sugar spike. So now DH has a bunch of powerades he can enjoy because I will only be bringing a couple with me and trying to be healthy and stick to water when I can! Oh well...

Oh, MW appointment yesterday, baby still way up high, no low ctx, no nothing exciting. The most interesting thing was the LO's heartbeat for the first time in months was on the other side of my stomach, usually she is in the exact same position. It was funny watching the MW trying to chase her down because she was moving around so much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post
I told my MW I bought a ton of powerades yesterday and she asked if they were the ones that were dyed, of course, she said those aren't so good with all the artificial junk in them (I knew that, but they were cheap!)
A great alternative to Powerade is Recharge...it's all natural and doesn't have all the crap. There is a coupon on that site as well. I really like all the flavors, but the grape is yummy. I bought 6 big bottles for our homebirth, but need to go get more because I keep drinking them

Sara ::: Mama to Bella Grace & Lucy Mae Cultivate inner beauty, the gentle, gracious kind that God delights in. 1 Peter 3:4
#63 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM

How is everyone? I'm getting so impatient. 38.5 weeks and completely OVER IT! I wish this baby would hurry up
AustGirl - get along to your local ABA group
http://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/
you don't have to be a member to attend meetings & they love to have pregnant women come along before their babe is born. You'll meet all the local group's counsellors who will be available (and happy) for you to call them with any queries after your baby arrives plus you'll see lots of cute babies, all breastfed
LLL sounds great but it's not really active in Australia because the ABA is so good.

grateful Mama to DD May '06 and DS May '09
#64 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 02:20 PM

I tried to get Recharge locally but was surprisingly unable to find it, so I've got Gatorade but I'm also going to make my own "labor-aide" with a recipe from one of my midwifery/pregnancy books. (It's 1 quart of water, 1/3 c. honey, 1/3 c. lemon juice, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. baking soda, plus 2 crushed calcium tablets. I'm using a powder that also has magnesium in it instead of the crushed calcium tablets.) For snacks I have fruit, a Luna bar, some beef jerky, and I'm going to be making "Dandy Candy" which is balls of peanut butter, honey, powdered milk, and various coatings--rolled oats, coconut, and sesame seeds.

I can definitely feel my body gearing up for labor these days; I'm having much more frequent and hard BH contractions, and more low, menstrual-type cramps/contractions as well. I just couldn't sleep last night and kept waking up even though I wasn't uncomfortable, so maybe that energy/nesting phase is starting to kick into high gear? I know this can go on for a day, a week, or longer, but I'm hoping that I'll go into labor sometime in the next week. I'm pretty relaxed about the timing, though.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#65 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Hmmmm... where is that patience thread again? I am starting to need it!!!
#66 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

I actually looked at recharge in the grocery store but it was 3.79 a bottle!!! It just wasn't happening. I will check out the coupons though and maybe get 1 or 2 bottles...DH is plenty thrilled about having a ton of powerades to drink he loves the stuff...

I think the patience thread died?! I know I am out of patience. Crying in frustration is the general way I feel these days.
#67 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 06:51 PM

I'm due May 31, so I've been the first week of June. DD was a few days after the 40 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanebeetle27 View Post
I'm due May 29th and if this kid comes early I'll be shocked! Maybe us extreme late May people should have joined the June DDC so then we'd be the early ones, lol
I did. And spend more time there than here. And not much time on either because the the subscription to the forum doesn't show up on my subscriptions page.
I had a friend who suggested joining June so I wouldn't get frustrated by everyone else having their babies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post
I asked DH to check and he flat out refused for some reason! He's never been afraid to venture there before!:
: Guys are so funny!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Yeah, I oddly don't quite realize that it's nearly mid-May! I'm still amazed that it's May! Such a weird turn-around of feelings today, from feeling "ready anytime" to "baby stay in till this cold sore is good & gone!".
To heal a cold sore, I read that you can put goldenseal on it. It does sting on open wounds tho'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustGirl View Post
Now that the birth is getting nearer, I'm starting to worry about things like breastfeeding. I dearly want to BF for the first 6 months, but what if I don't have enough milk? Or something else goes wrong? There's probably nothing I can do about it right now though.
If you're bleeding a long time and not making milk, have someone check for retained placenta. That can affect milk production. Otherwise, yeah, it's pretty rare to not have enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
I'm due on the 31st but I seriously doubt I'll make it that far (although I never thought I'd even make it this far). I've been having non-stop (3-13 minutes apart) contractions for almost 3 MONTHS now (since 26 weeks) but I'm still pregnant! My contractions have been getting a lot stronger these past 4 weeks-- they're consistently lasting about a minute and a half now and are strong enough that I have to breathe through them a lot of times. Every night I go to bed thinking I may wake up in labor, but nope, I'm still pregnant every morning! Baby seems pretty high up too since every time I have a contraction it feels like my uterus is being smashed into my ribs. There's no room AT ALL between my uterus and ribcage!
Wow, I wonder how fast you'll go.
ITU bolded. Ouch!

Mama to 2 year old and :: June 14th!
#68 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

I watched some birth videos today and that has got me more impatient with the whole thing! But...I still have more sewing and organizing to do. I don't think I'll ever feel 'finished' though! I did finally get the birth supplies and linens all bagged and ready. I'm a mix of wanting to have this baby and not feeling ready yet:P
#69 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 08:27 PM

I finally got most things together for the hospital bag today, and I have my pool--yay! Now I think I need to go get a pump for it because the one we have is lame and can only be used when it's fully charged. I tried filling it and it fizzled out halfway through. We also have a hand pump, but I might have delivered the baby before DH manages to fill it that way.

DH thinks maybe we should have the baby Saturday. We'll see if she's listening No real indications that labor is coming any time soon, though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
#70 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 09:43 PM

thought i'd check in here too again:

im 38 weeks and a few days i feel good, i have contractions all the time but nothing consistent or regular just maybe 3 an hour or so and its been like this for a few weeks, but today i baby sit an 11 month old and i was rocking/holding him for his nap and i started having contractions about 3 min apart that were making my back hurt so bad that i had to sacrifice the babies nap and get up to try and see if they would stop. they did but it was wierd to have that, i've never had anything like that before, not even with ds ( i was induced with him at 39 + 2) anyway i feel like i'll be fine for another week or so but hopefully i dont go too far past my due date, i was charting so i feel like its a dang accurate due date we'll see though

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#71 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 10:14 PM

1. My MIL says I'm having a baby this weekend.

2. My friend who will be DS's support person for the birth wants to go 1.5 hours drive away for the weekend and wonders if I'm comfortable with that.

3. I am craving alone time and want to send DS & DH to my parents' place, 1.5 hours drive away, this weekend.

4. Put all this together with the uber-fast birth stories I've been hearing lately aaaaaand....I just don't know what to think!

Thanks for the goldenseal tip, Maggirayne - the cold sore is actually done, but the mw thinks they shed for a while after the sore is gone. Might be worth using goldenseal to minimize that? Hmmm.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#72 of 287 Old 05-13-2009, 11:13 PM

Well I spent today in L/D at the hospital hooked up to a monitor and then waiting for a U/S. I went in to my MW b/c baby wasn't moving as much as normal, and when she had it on the doppler we were hearing some unexplained decels in the heart rate. So she called the hospital and they wanted to send an ambulance! We declined and drove ourselves. I should have stopped for lunch first!!! We got there right about noon and didn't leave till almost 4. They got me hooked right up for the test strip, but waiting for the U/S took FOREVER!!!!! But the plus side is that the baby is fine and looks good. And we know for sure now that it is a girl. So : for that! I don't have to buy any more clothes and I can wash my hot pink diaper covers! The down side is that I am not going to my cousin's wedding this weekend. It's 3 hours away and DH and I feel that it's just too far to go this late in the game with a baby that may or may not like to play with it's cord which is the only explanation that anyone could come up with for the decels. I really wanted to go too. Oh well... I think my parents will take DD with them so that she can play with her cousins though.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#73 of 287 Old 05-14-2009, 11:09 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
My mom will be here tomorrow! : I'll be at the OB right when dh is picking her up from the airport. So I'm going to ask him to strip my membranes, and that will officially mark my transition from Zen Mama to crazy-pg-lady-who-wants-to-go-into-labor-NOW.
#74 of 287 Old 05-15-2009, 02:57 PM

May is practically half over, ladies... does it seem like there aren't many of us left to actually have our babies still, or is that just me? I feel like I've been pregnant forever... and like I'm going to be pregnant forever... and even though I'm relatively comfortable these days and I'm sort of adjusted to the extra weight and waddle, I'm looking forward to being done, too. It's hard not to obsess right now.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif

#75 of 287 Old 05-15-2009, 03:02 PM

I'm still here. No rush. I want the baby to turn.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#76 of 287 Old 05-15-2009, 03:54 PM

Well it's 4am here and I'm wide awake with menstral-like pains and a headache. Tonight's also the first night I've had the heater on all night (we're going into winter soon, so I thought I'd get used to having a heater on because thats what we'll be doing with the bub) and I'm sitting here shivering.

In case the headache is dehydration because the heater's on, I'm drinking a powerade now. Would be nice if this was the start of something though.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#77 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Banned

Oohh good luck AustGirl.

I want this baby out now. I am 39 weeks today, had acupuncture yesterday, and if baby hasn't made an appearance by Monday, will have another session... I am so fed up of being pregnant! I've been feeling very crampy and back achy, but nothing specific that I think are contractions, although as this is my first, I'm not that sure what I'm feeling.
#78 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 10:42 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hope it turned into something, AustGirl!

39 weeks today, and mom is here! Come on baby!

But I don't really think this baby has any intention of coming until I let them break my water on Tuesday. She is engaged and I'm 80% effaced and 2 cm dilated, so I'm feeling as good about the induction as a person can possibly feel, but it would sure be nice to go into labor spontaneously and be able to refuse ALL interventions. The doctor won't break my water until I spend 30 minutes on the strip and let them place a saline lock. Both of these requirements are pretty mild as interventions go, but it sure would be lovely to decline them...
#79 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I'm still here. No rush. I want the baby to turn.
Is yours breech? I missed that. Is there someone in your area who will catch breech if you want that?

The predictions have started...my MIL says I'm having a baby this Monday at 4:45pm....I openly accused her of trying to drive me crazy, since the baby could very well not come till the middle of June!

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#80 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilabet View Post
I've been feeling very crampy and back achy, but nothing specific that I think are contractions, although as this is my first, I'm not that sure what I'm feeling.
Same here. I try to comfort myself by thinking that this is all pre-labor or very early labor, so it's helping baby get ready to come out. I'm 39 weeks on Monday, so I could have several more weeks of this, but I know it's not uncommon.

#81 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 08:25 PM

I'm still here - 39 and 2. I've accepted that due date #2 (from my ultrasounds) was clearly more accurate than from my lmp (which would have had me due May 6th!). So I guess I'm a late May gal too! I was anxious at the beginning of the month for things to get started, but as May goes by, I'm fine with waiting a bit more. It's funny how that worked out.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#82 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My midwife was jokingly asking me when I planned to have this baby, whether the new moon or full moon would do it, you know, so she could plan her schedule. I'm 37 weeks past conception now, 40 weeks past LMP, going with the ovulation based due date and keeping plus or minus a couple weeks in mind. I'm so useless most days it will be nice to have this late pregnancy thing done with, but I still don't think I've wrapped my head around that the baby will be born soon (and I have done this once before too). Baby is nice and low and LOA, I guess things can start happening anytime now. It will start getting real for me when I see some bloody show I guess. I do remember though labor was very real coming up the baby didn't seem completely real to me last time until I held my son.
#83 of 287 Old 05-16-2009, 09:26 PM

I'm still here. The other night resulted in nothing. DH and I were kinda expecting something to happen last night, but I ended up having a half-decent night's sleep instead, lol.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#84 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 04:02 PM

Still waiting, -1 and 50%, same as last week. EDD is May 25. My OB doesn't want me to go more than a week over, because it's a VBA2C, so I'm getting a little nervous here.

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#85 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 04:34 PM

a little over 39 weeks here and still waiting patiently

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

#86 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 05:01 PM

:yawning:

I am so over this waiting for baby crap. I'm going to work on forgetting that I'm pregnant at all.
#87 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM

We finished all our baby prep work this past weekend. This week and the next I am planning "normal" weeks. We are homeschooling, grocery shopping, heading out for a few play dates, etc and will just carry on like this until baby comes I'm not miserable so I'm ok with this. Hugs to those are genuinely miserable. I hope your babies don't make you wait much longer!

I am just hoping to avoid intense prodromal labor like the last time--that was a giant suck! I hope I just go into labor and have the baby. I don't want dh to use up his time off b/c I'm wiped out from all night sessions of prodromal labor. I don't want to rely on friends BEFORE the baby comes, know what I mean?

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
#88 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octanebeetle27 View Post
I am just hoping to avoid intense prodromal labor like the last time--that was a giant suck! I hope I just go into labor and have the baby. I don't want dh to use up his time off b/c I'm wiped out from all night sessions of prodromal labor. I don't want to rely on friends BEFORE the baby comes, know what I mean?
Absolutely!!
#89 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Still here too, 39+1. I was a little crampy all day Saturday and lost my mucous plug (or at least a chunk of it) that night. That got my hopes up--but no sign of anything further. I try to at least comfort myself that it means something will happen eventually. I'm actually pretty ready finally. Our dog is staying with other people until baby comes. I have a pool and a pump. My hospital bag is packed. Still working on laundry and cleaning though.
#90 of 287 Old 05-18-2009, 09:52 PM

I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow. I spent the afternoon at the playground with my best friends 2 year old, walking around watching him play on the slides. Then the little booger got a wild look in his eye and took off running for the street. I had to take my shoes off and chase him, which he thought was hilarious. I don't know how i managed to run that fast, but I'm sure it was quite a spectacle. So I picked him up like a sack of potatoes and we went home. I'm still out of breath..lol (I don't RUN when I'm not pregnant, let alone with 50 extra lbs of babyness..lol)

I'm hoping the exertion does SOMETHING....If I go into the office and I'm STILL not even a bitty bit dilated, I will cry.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page