Mothering Forum banner

Blake Thomas arrived! 5.5.09

966 views 23 replies 23 participants last post by  ColoradoMama 
#1 ·
He was born at 3:19 PM on Tuesday May 5, five days late. He is 8 lbs exactly and 19 inches long. I can't figure out yet who he looks like but he is a cutie!

He was to be a VBAC and so I had a biophysical ultrasound on Monday that showed some concerns with the level of amniotic fluid. I met my midwife at the hospital Monday night and the non-stress test showed normal so the ob on call sent me home despite not wanting to order a second u/s. I came back in Tuesday morning and another ob on call read the u/s report and immediately scheduled a csec for that afternoon. I only had 2% amniotic fluid, when I should be between 40-50% after 40 weeks! So, sadly, we weren't able to deliver naturally but Blake arrived healthy and happy. He has been feeding like a champion and sleeping soundly.

Happy birth days to all the other moms! And best of luck to those of you waiting to welcome your little ones!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.