May 12-19 chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post
DH's coworker said his girlfriend was told by her OB to come in on her DD and she was induced that day....No medical reason at all, it was just her DD...
I asked DH what he said to this and he said he thought it was best just to keep quiet and nod his head like "yeah thats totally what you should do!"
Yeah... I try not to be judgmental because I don't know the whole story behind most interventions I hear about and I try to err on the side of believing that people have done their homework (I know that's overly optimistic), but from what I know of my former coworker she's probably fine and dandy with it. I know she'd rather go into labor on her own, but I think her pregnancy has been much more difficult than mine has been. She was induced with her first, too, because she developed a really painful rash in her stretch marks (?!?), so maybe she's less freaked out about the possibility or process of induction than I am. Personally, if I go all the way to 42 weeks and the baby looks fine, then I can live with that.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#62 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauerweidchen View Post
Yeah... I try not to be judgmental because I don't know the whole story behind most interventions I hear about and I try to err on the side of believing that people have done their homework (I know that's overly optimistic), but from what I know of my former coworker she's probably fine and dandy with it. I know she'd rather go into labor on her own, but I think her pregnancy has been much more difficult than mine has been. She was induced with her first, too, because she developed a really painful rash in her stretch marks (?!?), so maybe she's less freaked out about the possibility or process of induction than I am. Personally, if I go all the way to 42 weeks and the baby looks fine, then I can live with that.
Agreed, I wouldn't be thrilled about being 42 weeks and mentally I might be going crazy but I'd rather not even deal with an induction. I'd be happy to wait until 43 weeks if everything looked good but MW would shoot that down pretty quick unfortunately.
#63 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 04:39 PM

Am I the only one still hanging around past my due date? I'm 41 weeks today. I have an induction scheduled for Friday morning I am still hanging on to hope that the baby will come tomorrow. Pretty please?!

There's a local pizza place here that prides itself on its "labor pizza." Chicken & garlic that apparently sends women into labor! I think I'm going to go out tonight with my sister and my best friend (who is in town for just a few weeks) and give it a try! Even if it doesn't do anything, at least I'll have a fun time with the girls

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

#64 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post
Am I the only one still hanging around past my due date? I'm 41 weeks today. I have an induction scheduled for Friday morning I am still hanging on to hope that the baby will come tomorrow. Pretty please?!

There's a local pizza place here that prides itself on its "labor pizza." Chicken & garlic that apparently sends women into labor! I think I'm going to go out tonight with my sister and my best friend (who is in town for just a few weeks) and give it a try! Even if it doesn't do anything, at least I'll have a fun time with the girls
I think there are a couple of overdue mamas still floating around... ? I'll be sending you lots of labor vibes for tonight anyway. The pizza sounds tasty! What a bonus if it helped you go into labor...

I just got back from my midwife appointment and everything looks good so far. My body is preparing for labor, but none of us knows when it'll turn the corner, of course. I keep wondering what my "last" everything will be before I go into labor--last prenatal appointment, last meal/supper, last time to DTD before having the baby, last evening "alone" with DH and our cats... it's a delicious feeling in a way. I hope the baby comes before I get really impatient, though. I finally feel about as ready as I'm going to be. I decided my Facebook status should be "Babies are like wizards--they are never late, nor are they early; they arrive precisely when they mean to", and I've been getting funny comments from friends all day.

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#65 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 05:47 PM

Quote:

Nope, my due date was Monday. So not terribly overdue, but I have a RCS looming over my head if the baby doesn't come by the end of Memorial Day weekend. Still lots of time, but I'm nervous. I expected him by now since my first son was right on time.

Enjoy your pizza!
#66 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 07:51 PM

i am one day past my due date, so you're not alone. today i requested a whole pineapple of my family while they were out shopping and the response i got sort of made me feel like the last two panels in this penny arcade strip:
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r.../pineapple.jpg
like a unicorn is so much to ask for.
#67 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 07:55 PM

Quote:

NOpe! I'm here too!! 41w3days! Trying to decide if I'll let them induce on Friday night. Leaning towards not. ;-)

I'm doing the same thing...come on babies, come out on Thursday!! You can do it!!

Labor pizza sounds yummy! Maybe I should try something like that...my MW did a membrane sweep this AM and if I don't go into labor tonight, I'm heading to the vitamin store tomorrow to buy castor oil. Gross and disgusting but...willing to try it if it means avoiding the pitocin parade.

Good luck, mama!

#68 of 295 Old 05-13-2009, 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=lightheartedmom;13760751]willing to try it if it means avoiding the pitocin parade.
/QUOTE]

LOL@Pitocin parade

Just don't overdo it...Remember my story from last week, it can be a painful mess.

But we're here for you anyways. We'll keep you company between the poops..lol
#69 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by escuim View Post
today i requested a whole pineapple of my family while they were out shopping and the response i got sort of made me feel like the last two panels in this penny arcade strip:
http://i499.photobucket.com/albums/r.../pineapple.jpg
like a unicorn is so much to ask for.
haha brilliant! I sent that straight to my DH at work.
We had a conversation a while ago that went like this:

ME: -sees whipped mayo on tv that looks like white chocolate mousse-
ME: "I want white chocolate mousse"
DH: "Where am I supposed to get that at 11.30pm at night?"
ME: "I dunno. But I WANT it"
DH: "Let me guess, if I really loved you I'd just make it happen, right?"

He's learning!

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#70 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 07:54 AM

Good morning ladies!!! I woke this morning with an urge to cook and clean and a contraction! I rolled over to DH and said "Wouldn't it be funny if he was born on his due date?" BUT I am so confused about that! Every week, my new week starts on Thursday. Now it says I'm due tomorrow, Friday, but my tickers say today. Blah! Well, original due date and ultrasound say the 15th. Original wheel said 16th and then the 2nd wheel that they used said the 18th. So...who knows! He'll be here sooner or later! I truly do think it will be within the next week, though. And if not...I bet it'll be within the week after that.

I plan to clean like a banshee today (until I crash), then take a nap, wake up to clean some more, make supper and head to DS#2's little league game if it doesn't get rained out.

My face is breaking out even more. I'm so purty with my whale of a belly and my pre-pubescent boy break out. *sigh*

Off to get the kids ready for school so that I can kick 3 out of 4 out the door and keep the house semi clean for a few hours.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#71 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
WRT elective inductions: heck, I'm about to have my SECOND one, so obviously I am not morally opposed to them, but it still flat-out astonishes me to hear the constant barrage of stories IRL about people who have them done without researching them AT ALL beyond listening to their doctor's (moronic) recommendations. I mean, there's a pretty big difference between having your water broken when you're 4 cm and the bag is bulging out and you've got a track record of pushing a baby out in 5 hours spontaneously, and going in for Cervidil on your completely unripe cervix for your first baby and having Pit and an epidural and blah blah blah... that was my SIL, and watching it cascade into a c-section was freaking horrible.

... but I never say any of that, because it would just come across as judgmental - when the person I'm ACTUALLY judging is the doctor who fails to make these all-important fine distinctions about the relative "failure" rates of ripe vs. unripe, epi vs. natural, primapara vs. multipara etc.

I am 38w5d today, and I am going to pack my hospital bag! Do you think I've procrastinated long enough?
#72 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 09:49 AM

Good morning!!

Today, I give up! I can't sit around watching the calendar anymore, so forget that. I have stuff to do. So I'm making plans and planning dinners and baby will do what he will to interrupt them.
#73 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayarn View Post
Good morning!!

Today, I give up! I can't sit around watching the calendar anymore, so forget that. I have stuff to do. So I'm making plans and planning dinners and baby will do what he will to interrupt them.
Maybe that's what I should do. Tonight is easy enough: it's pizza night. Well, it usually is cuz I usually go to yoga and the boys make themselves pizza. But I'm not sure I want to go to yoga. The last couple weeks have been hard for me: the room felt hot, I felt tired, and while the stretches felt good, it was almost too much.
Ok, so let me go see how much I can plan. I wish I felt up for cleaning: the bedrooms really need a thorough scrubbing!
#74 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 AM

Well I made it to Thursday just like I wanted!

Now I just need to get off my butt and get dressed so that I can go grocery shopping and everything else on my list of to-do's today. I wish the weather would make up its mind and either decide to rain or be sunny, it just looks so miserable out right now. My cousin-IL welcomed a baby boy last night, I have no other details but was told she's doing fine and so is baby.

I'm not trying to be judgmental, sorry if it comes across that way. I've just seen far too many women that I know go in for inductions when their body isn't ready and then ensues the cascade of interventions and eventual cesarean. I'm not making commentary on women in general who choose induction, just the fact that I am concerned for those close to me that I care about.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#75 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Banned

Smithie, I haven't packed my hospital bag either!!
Last night I just finished putting away LO's clothing and straightening her room which she won't be in for quite a while since she will be in a bassinet next to our bed and then probably co-sleeping...I don't know why we spent all that time making her room gorgeous

We don't even have the car seat installed anymore. Last night I was cleaning the car out and looking at the carseat and realized that DH and I did it completely wrong and we then spent the next hour trying to figure out how to get it in right so it wouldn't slide around...We are stooooopid! We still haven't figured it out, so back to that tonight. I am slowly crossing things off my "FINAL TO DO LIST" thats the title, like if that is done I can finally have this baby that is bruising me internally!
#76 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayarn View Post
Good morning!!

I feel the same way! I think peple think we should seriously sit here and twiddle our thumbs until the baby comes out. We dare not *gasp* continue on with normal life lest we spontaneously pop in public. And truly, once you get to a certain point, you are sitting there thinking, heck, universe be darned, if that's what it takes, I'm going out in public just to dare the universe! POP ME ALREADY DANGIT!!!

Just got finished cleaning the kitchen, but the floor needs to be mopped. Thinking I may do it by hand since my mop is messed up, anyway and I cannot imagine it would be a bad thing. Lots of pressure, especially when sitting on the potty so hoping that's a good sign. I keep going through this mental list in my head of things that I need to hurry and get done. They aren't normal things that make sense, though. They're like "Clean off the computer desk.", "Bake cookies.", "Put a new glade scent in the plug in." and other silly random things such as that. And then, of course, the not so silly ones, like we have baseball games the next 3 nights in a row and a friends baby shower Saturday to go to and the kids really want to go to the gold festival Saturday morning, too so hoping babe will hold off long enough for me/us to do all of that. Granted, I've always said the sure way to get the baby out is to make other plans and forbid them from arriving until you've gotten them done.

Monday I have a MW appt and they'll start getting more...er...intervention like then. I know they'll want to do an internal and strip my membranes. That's actually fine with me. I'll probably take DD to the little zoo afterwards to walk for a while, then home, take my weekly blue cohosh (I take this 1x a week, only on Monday's, but it always kicks things up for a little bit), take a nap and dtd before bed that night. Maybe all while balancing a pineapple on my head.

Okay, the last sentence was a joke.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#77 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 11:23 AM

Asher I'm there too! I've been doing work from home this morning, and had planned on cleaning up around the house this afternoon. However, as I was in the shower this morning I thought, "hmm, maybe I should just wander around Target and Sam's Club and get some last minute shopping done. Surely I'll go into labor while out in public".

I'm 39 weeks according to ultrasound, which is what my mws are going by. They said that way I can go longer without talk of induction or things like that. So I doubt they'll do anything at my appointment tomorrow, they haven't said anything about it.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#78 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 11:43 AM

I am looking at my floor too... Might try a little session of scrubbing... next week...
Got a few things to do today, playdate at the gym for DD, post office, clean bathtub just in case (again...),

Had 2 cups of cumin tea yesterday, an hour apart... Did not really feel anything special after that... MW does not really believe in it either, but I had to try. Might do it again later, beacuse I really did not mind the flavour.

Tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny, I think I will take DD to the zoo. I am hoping the walking would help things going.The only thing is that it is about a 30-45 minutes drive from our place. If something does start, it can't start too fast or I am stuck there. I guess I could ask MIL, but I don't really feel to have a whole morning of quality time with MIL...

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#79 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:01 PM

I am so proud of all you women who are still out and about and doing things! I seriously have no motivation to do anything the last few days. On the other hand, I am bored out of my mind and I think I am slowly going crazy!

The "labor pizza" last night was delish! Thin crust with mushrooms, carmelized onions, chicken, and whole cloves of roasted garlic, with fontina cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Yummo.

And I don't want to get my hopes up (again...), but I think it may have actually done some good! The roasted garlic may have had the same effect that castor oil does, to a lesser (and more yummy!) degree? I woke up feeling really gassy and yucky in my tummy, and I have been having painful contractions all morning. At first I thought they were just hurting because of the gas, but the last few have been definite contractions that I can't talk through. I am crossing my fingers and toes and everything else that this is it! I am not sure when I should call my husband home from work and my doula and my sister (who will watch DS) because I have been having a lot of contractions (strong and regular) for over a week now, but they always fizzle out (baby's been posterior with distended neck and I am sure that's why I have had so much early labor). I don't want to call everyone just to have it all be a false alarm!

So what do you think are the chances that I am just feeling crampy/yucky because of eating all that garlic and needing to get out some gas/other stuff (!) versus actually being in labor at this point?

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

#80 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:34 PM

Quote:
The "labor pizza" last night was delish! Thin crust with mushrooms, carmelized onions, chicken, and whole cloves of roasted garlic, with fontina cheese and drizzled with balsamic vinegar. Yummo.
Is anybody else drooling? Forget going into labor after it, I just want to eat it NOW.
#81 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:45 PM

Yes I am absolutely having pizza and wings for dinner tonight now :

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#82 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:50 PM

We went for pizza last night in hopes that it would get something rolling. No luck for me though. I even had really garlicky pesto chicken pizza like someone mentioned (and about half of dh's beer). Nada.

I'm going in for an acupuncture treatment tomorrow morning. We'll see if that does anything. If not I think I'm just going to stop trying to get things moving and just wait. I'm only 40 weeks on Sat, so maybe baby just isn't ready yet.

Sadie
#83 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:54 PM
Banned

Oh man pizza sounds sooo good. I need to stop thinking about food...

Er out of curiosity, umm say a certain person was to gain 3lbs in a week would you admit to your midwife that you had eaten some ice cream 4 out of those 7 days? You know because a friend of mine asked me....

Ok it was me. I gained 3lbs this past week! Notta so good. Overall I have gained 36lbs now and I am about 38 weeks. My MW is gonna give me the evil eye if I tell her I've been eating ice cream
#84 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightheartedmom View Post
NOpe! I'm here too!! 41w3days! Trying to decide if I'll let them induce on Friday night. Leaning towards not. ;-)

I'm doing the same thing...come on babies, come out on Thursday!! You can do it!!

Labor pizza sounds yummy! Maybe I should try something like that...my MW did a membrane sweep this AM and if I don't go into labor tonight, I'm heading to the vitamin store tomorrow to buy castor oil. Gross and disgusting but...willing to try it if it means avoiding the pitocin parade.

Good luck, mama!
\

NAK

I was at 42 wk. before doing the castor. It was NOTHING. It sounded WAY worse than it was. I only took 2 TBS. I don't know if it "did" it, but I had my baby that night. I didn't have horrible diahrrea, but it certainly made me gurgly...and I pooped while pusing (just a little), but it was worth a shot IMO.

DP got me "tasteless, odorless" Castor oil. It was like drinking oil, but didn't taste like anything and didn't make me gag (and I'm a gagger). If it's your only choice before induction, I'd do it (that was the pos. I was in).
#85 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:00 PM

Quote:

Er out of curiosity, umm say a certain person was to gain 3lbs in a week would you admit to your midwife that you had eaten some ice cream 4 out of those 7 days? You know because a friend of mine asked me....

Ok it was me. I gained 3lbs this past week! Notta so good. Overall I have gained 36lbs now and I am about 38 weeks. My MW is gonna give me the evil eye if I tell her I've been eating ice cream

LOL this hasppened to me around 40 wk. then I lost those lbs. the next week or so.............
#86 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Ice cream is a great source of calcium!

I've gained 3 pounds in a week easily. So far I've gained 50 pounds this pregnancy. I'm not happy about it, but I gained at least 60 with DS1, so it's an improvement. This past week I've been retaining so much fluid. blah. But the MW wasn't worried when I mentioned it to her, so....

Going out in public seems like a good idea. Maybe I'll go to Target or the grocery store and look for the new mop I want.....
#87 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:06 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As long as your bp and pee tests look good, I say lie to the midwife with impunity, at least about something as minor as ice cream "Normal" weight gain varies hugely from woman to woman - maybe you are supposed to gain 40+ lbs!
#88 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
As long as your bp and pee tests look good, I say lie to the midwife with impunity, at least about something as minor as ice cream "Normal" weight gain varies hugely from woman to woman - maybe you are supposed to gain 40+ lbs!
I enjoy to look at it this way. I was slightly over weight to begin with about 10lbs, my MW is a real health nut. Very very into the right diet during pregnancy. I stuck with it for a while but I am junk food junkie. Ice cream especially so I basically have abandoned the uber healthy diet and am now eating whatever I want...

She was warning though that the babies glucose would drop after birth and I didn't want to have to have a glucose IV for the baby did I?
#89 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:30 PM

As of Monday I have gained exactly 50 lbs.
#90 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 01:32 PM - Thread Starter

The baby is breech.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page