#121 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 09:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
The baby is breech.
s, Lissa.
What does this mean concerning your homebirth? Are breech births automatic means to a c-section? (it is here where I live, that's why I ask...).
#122 of 295 Old 05-14-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I'm going to the chiro tonight and attempting a version tomorrow. We didn't actually discuss home birth specifically, just that my midwife is confident I can have a vaginal birth if I want. I'll have to talk to her more tomorrow when I have my version.
and now I read this. : to you for a vaginal homebirth!!!
#123 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 12:46 AM

Lissa - I'll be sending you good wishes tomorrow!

I am so incredibly done. This whole pregnancy has been hell - seriously. I've been calling it 9 months of hell. Never once has it been enjoyable, and now my parents are here - have been here since Monday, and they're leaving on Sunday. Now I'm totally stressed that I WON'T have her before they leave. I'm just so ready to never be pregnant ever again. I want it over. I'm not really all that uncomfortable - physically, but I am still miserable. I'm just done - really, really done. I want people to stop hovering over me. Sorry for griping - I just had to get that off my chest.
#124 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 07:58 AM

Coloradomama

I woke this morning early with a headache from heck. No clue what is going on, but it's bad. I think I must have slept wrong on my neck. Took some Tylenol and feels a little better, but not a ton.

DS's little league game last night was eventful. It started thundering and lightning so they pulled the boys off the field (can't use metal bats in the lightning). DD (almost 4) was scared after our tornado incident the week before last so we went to the van, but it started raining...so brilliant me decides "Let's run to the van!" I bet that was a hilarious sight. I thought if anything would get labor going, running should after NOT doing it this entire pregnancy. NOPE!

Was talking to the assistant coaches wife who asked "So how many kids do you have?" I say 4 and this one due today. Her eyes got HUGE and she told the coach and assistant coach who start instructing me not to get too excited at the game tonight, don't be jumping up and down on the bleachers, etc. Apparently, although they are both dads several times over, they don't "get" that I won't just "pop" like that.

They went back on the field about 15 minutes later. DS's team won 7-6. Woot! They were not winning the entire game and were losing by 1 at the end as they took the field, I was watching from the van and one boy hit that brought another boy home and gave him a homerun so we won literally at the last second. Awesome! They're doing really well this year and I'm proud of them. I'll be sad to see the season end, but tournaments start the beginning of June and they've only lost one game this season so I think we'll be in it for a bit. The funny thing is, I HATE baseball, but it's totally different for me when it's my kids out there playing.

Hope everyone has a great day! I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I need to go to the store and pick up a gift for my friends older DD for her baby shower. Don't want her to feel left out. Just not sure if I'll get to it today or tomorrow morning.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#125 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 08:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I finally started packing my hospital bag. I'm going to tell the doctor to do his internal exam with a jackhammer.
#126 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 09:19 AM

Morning mamas! I have a mw appointment today, and DH is home so we get to run all those errands that I haven't wanted to do all week without his help. I had lots of cramping and ctxs last night, but woke up this morning just feeling sore. And wet... I appear to be very leaky these days?? I suppose it could be due to the EPO...

Good luck today Lissa, hope things work out for you!

I hope your headache feels better Asher.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#127 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithie View Post
I finally started packing my hospital bag. I'm going to tell the doctor to do his internal exam with a jackhammer.
ROTFL!! too funny

Asher: I was at my son tball game last night and every one kpet asking when I was due? Monday. This one dad then goes on to ask if my dates have changed??? I'm not sure why. Then he asks if I'm dilated at all? HUH, who asks that. "Ummm a little". was my reply I just didn't know what the heck to say. People are so weird. Why did he need that information.

I ate chinese food last and all it did was give me lots of gas all night long. It wasn't exactly spicy though I am a wimp.

I think I may try and get some things done in the house today. Straighten up the living room and our bedroom. Sweep and mop. I don't want to come home to an unclean house but I have been putting it off big time!
#128 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post

Asher: I was at my son tball game last night and every one kpet asking when I was due? Monday. This one dad then goes on to ask if my dates have changed??? I'm not sure why. Then he asks if I'm dilated at all? HUH, who asks that. "Ummm a little". was my reply I just didn't know what the heck to say. People are so weird. Why did he need that information.
Too funny! How many kids does he have? It seems like the more they have, the more they look at it as something normal to talk about! I know some of DH's younger friends that are now having babies ask him about stuff when their wives are going through pregnancy. Granted, he doesn't bring it up, but he's glad to "mentor" if they ask.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#129 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 AM

My hospital bag is still not totally packed. I am tired and cranky because I had a night of contractions probably about 10 minutes apart all night long that I was *sort of* able to sleep through but made my bed into a weird torture chamber with strange painful dreams. They only lasted about 30 seconds or so though and now they have stopped. Then when I was finally about to be able to get some peaceful sleep, my dd who is home sick woke me up for the day. Sigh...

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#130 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 AM
Banned

good morning ladies!

I have officially given up and should have listened to all you ladies who have stopped trying as well because clearly if your body isn't ready, it ain't gonna happen!

after DTD with an O, which was shocking in and of itself and what seemed like hours of nipple stimulation...nothing...not a single ctx until 4 hours later and it was up high, just a BH... I used get lots of BH at least when we DTD but now it is like my body is refusing to do anything.

JPI it sounds like things are happening for you, maybe a little slowly but who knows. does EPO have a smell to it? I have never even seen it and I was wondering (i don't know why) if it smelled good?
#131 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I have my stuff packed, and I got out Sweetie's stuff to pack, but haven't put it in his bag yet.

I was just whining to sweetie about asking the dr to do the same for me..like, "Can't you just pull it out??????" lol

I'm sick of going to the bathroom 15 times per night. I feel like a camel. I drink a lot of fluids during the day, but I pee all day long too. So why do I have to go every single hour?
#132 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Awesome.

Coloradomama It can't be long.... it just seems like it.

My mom called the other day just "to see if anything is happening". My answer was that those types of calls are exactly why I lied to people about my due date. I can't remember for the life of me why I didn't lie to them too. My patience with the baby is pretty good at the moment, my toddler patience level is so-so, but my patience with people who would already know if I had already had this baby and yet ask me questions anyway - GONE!!!!!

Today is the day to plant the garden!! : Maybe that will keep back the murderous rage.
#133 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 10:47 AM
Banned

I think it's a mom conspiracy...Annoy your daughter until she wants to strangle you by just being loving and concerned...I am so sick of the daily emails from my mom asking how I am feeling...

I feel like a whale as you know having had 2 children. I don't even respond to them anymore!
#134 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 11:32 AM

I made the mistake of e-mailing my mom a schedule of my appointments each week. It was a good idea in theory so if I didn't answer, she'd know I was in an appt. and wouldn't freak that I was in labor. It was a bad idea in that sometimes I just don't want to answer the phone so now she checks the schedule and if I don't answer, leaves a terse voice mail wondering what I'm doing.

I turn my cell down during nap time (but only on low so I can hear in case the school calls for something for the other kids) and she always seems to call then. GRRR! Leave me alone during nap time already!!! I don't sleep at night, leave me my nap time!!!

#135 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 12:08 PM

Midwife appointment this afternoon.

I woke up this morning to DS in the front entryway saying "bug, bug". I look down and there is a trail of ants coming in through the front door and into the kitchen. Apparently we've been infested : I called maintenance and they couldn't even get here until tomorrow. I said "I'm almost 40 weeks pregnant, I have a toddler, and my husband is deployed so an ant infestation is the last thing I want to be dealing with right now". I found something at Walmart that will hopefully knock them out.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#136 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:20 PM

The labor pizza worked!!!

I had my little girl yesterday afternoon! 9 pounds, 5 ounces, 21.5 inches long. I got my natural hospital birth. Labored at home and arrived at the hospital about an hour before she was born. It was perfect

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

#137 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post

I had my little girl yesterday afternoon! 9 pounds, 5 ounces, 21.5 inches long. I got my natural hospital birth. Labored at home and arrived at the hospital about an hour before she was born. It was perfect
what was that pizza again?!!

CONGRATS!:
#138 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:28 PM

:

Hey Congrats Catilina!!
#139 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post

:

Be sure to call that pizza place and thank them!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#140 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:36 PM

: yay Catlina!
#141 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:51 PM

Yay indeed, Catilina! That's wonderful! :

I spent most of yesterday in the garden and got my tiny plot all planted... plus half a dozen pots for the porch, mostly with flowers. Of course, my back regretted it later, so I'm taking it easier today. DH was a sweetie and gave me a back/foot rub last night (), and that helped a lot. I've actually been sleeping better lately, so I hope when I do go into labor, I'm fairly well-rested. I don't think I'll get a lot of warning when I do go into labor, actually, though who really knows? Just because my mother didn't doesn't mean I won't. I also think my uterus is a lot more active than I feel like it is right now. The sensation of waiting and knowing that the baby could come any day is really an odd one for me...

Things are slowly but surely getting done around the house. My DH is nesting up a storm these days, it seems like--now that he actually has a little time to do it. The poor guy had heartburn last night after our pizza, and he said he's been having it most of the pregnancy with me, so I hope it dies out for both of us once the LO is here!

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#142 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 01:52 PM

: catalina! Congrats!

Katie Maybe they're moving in to protect you while DH's deployed? Ants are actually supposed to be good luck and protectors. (Not that I wouldn't get rid of them too, just saying. )

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#143 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
: catalina! Congrats!

Katie Maybe they're moving in to protect you while DH's deployed? Ants are actually supposed to be good luck and protectors. (Not that I wouldn't get rid of them too, just saying. )
I think perhaps they were hungry and picked up the smell of something in the house, they were sugar ants. I've heard they get really, really bad down here in the summer. They actually eat through the stuff that seals the bottom of the door in order to get into houses. Maintenance is supposed to treat the outside of our houses at some point to try and keep them under control.

#144 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
I'm sick of going to the bathroom 15 times per night. I feel like a camel. I drink a lot of fluids during the day, but I pee all day long too. So why do I have to go every single hour?
I've been like that all pregnancy; so annoying.

We have ants too. I put out some diatamaceous[sp?] earth before we left this morning and an ant trap, and they aren't there now. Not sure if that's cuz of the time of day/temp or the stuff I put out.

Congrats Catalina!!!
#145 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 02:36 PM

Congrats Catalina!!! :

Ladies, can I just vent a second? I don't know who else is dealing w/ this, but I cannot imagine I'm the only one.

Can I just say, people, STOP telling me about your fathers mothers sisters once removed daughter that is having her baby today?! I don't give a flying fig that she is having a baby. I don't care about the 50 other people you know that were due this week that are having babies, too. When you call me up to tell me about it, all it does is remind me that I. AM. NOT. HAVING. MY. BABY. That's all. I'm not excited, I don't care. I don't know that person from Adam.

(This does not apply to people here having babies. I'm actually excited about the mamas here having babies b/c I feel like I "know" you guys and we're "family" sorta.)

#146 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoma View Post
I think I may try and get some things done in the house today. Straighten up the living room and our bedroom. Sweep and mop. I don't want to come home to an unclean house but I have been putting it off big time!
Thank you both! I feel like a freak with my unpacked hospital bag and totally toddler destroyed house. I keep intending to clean the house but I just can't seem to care enough atm. I really do need to wash the floors today though. They're terrible. They need to be done at least once a week, preferably twice because of DS2's eating habits.... which have only gotten worse since he can get into the cupboards and fridge now. : (No, he doesn't eat off the floor, but he's terrible for wandering with food and leaving it someplace... I try to keep him in a highchair when he's eating but it doesn't always happen.)

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#147 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 03:03 PM

Maybe ants are good luck...We have them in the garage..Sweetie found a huge ant hill...He dumped hot water over the hill though. They were a little too close to the kitchen door for my comfort.
#148 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ldavis24 View Post
JPI it sounds like things are happening for you, maybe a little slowly but who knows. does EPO have a smell to it? I have never even seen it and I was wondering (i don't know why) if it smelled good?
You know it's in a gel capsule type thing so I don't really know what it smells like. I too thought it would smell nice - like roses or something, although I have no idea what a "primrose" actually is. Today I've consistently felt a ton of pressure and have remained, well, (TMI) leaky. I don't think it's amniotic fluid, perhaps just parts of mucus plug? Didn't someone mention recently that this can sort of liquefy?

I think things are happening, albeit rather slowly! Had a mw appointment this afternoon, they don't do internal checks so I have no idea what's actually going on in there. I did tell her all the things I'd been noticing, and we decided that no matter when this baby decides to come, my body would be well prepared!

The sun is out and the day has been gorgeous. DH is home and has been running errands with me. I'm thinking about taking a nap at the moment though...

And congratulations, Catalina!! :

#149 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 06:56 PM

Well I think things are starting to happen for me. I've been contracting pretty regularly since around 1pm. Almost the same time I started with DD2. They aren't intensifying just yet but at times they come only a few min apart. If baby decided today is the day all three kiddies will have been born on a Friday! Kinda cool.

Good Luck JPI hopes things continue rolling in the right direction for you!!
#150 of 295 Old 05-15-2009, 06:58 PM

Oooh, cmoma sounds promising for you! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page