no one sleeps alone in our house - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thought you ladies might get a kick out of this photo. Its our family bed
Anyone else co-sleeping? we love it in our house.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:28 PM

I love it!!!!! What size beds to you have together there? We currently co-sleep with our 2 year old and are expecting another one next month. I'm worried we won't have enough room, so have been looking into some options. Yours looks great!! Isn't everyone sleeping together the best??

Dawn
#3 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:28 PM

That's so cute! We all sleep together too! It looks like our room. One queen pushed up against a double bed! Except we now have 3 kids under the age of four and me and my hubby! I love it, I am not so sure about my hubby loving it all the time! But it's what works and what's healthy for the babies!!!

#4 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:34 PM

That looks like how our room used to look

We did a king and then a twin pushed together. Since its just me and the two kids I took the twin bed out and we'll all just pile into the king. I must admit that I like having the extra space to spread out lately

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#5 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:40 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by giasmommy203 View Post
I love it!!!!! What size beds to you have together there? We currently co-sleep with our 2 year old and are expecting another one next month. I'm worried we won't have enough room, so have been looking into some options. Yours looks great!! Isn't everyone sleeping together the best??

Dawn
it is queen and a twin pushed together. I wanted to buy a king before the baby arrived, but decided to try this out first and it works! Now we do not need to spend $ on a new bed.
And yes, i love sleeping together. It totally makes since to me.
#6 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 06:50 PM

I love it!!! We just finally got DD to sleep in her toddler bed next to our big bed (she'll be three in June). We're enjoying having our king size bed to ourselves for a few weeks before #2 arrives and takes up residence between us. I know DD will be finding her way back into bed at some point...hopefully just in the mornings. She's a big thrasher. She did so great with the transition at first (she's literally still within arms reach of me) but this past week every night at bed time she says "I"m just a baby!! I don't want to sleep in my big girl bed!!" I've started telling her that if she wants to be a baby, then she won't be able to do all the big girl things she likes...she seems to understand that a bit because now every morning she wakes up and says "Mommy, I want to do BIG GIRL things." haha...parenting backfire.

I know co-sleeping isn't for everyone, but I do love it. It's definitely given us a very special bond with DD.

#7 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 07:11 PM

Aww, what a great picture!

This is our first, so it will be our first experience with cosleeping! I'm looking forward to it. We only have a queen sized bed though, I really hope that is enough room for awhile! Me and DH are snugglers, so I think it'll work out fine.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#8 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post

This is our first, so it will be our first experience with cosleeping! I'm looking forward to it. We only have a queen sized bed though, I really hope that is enough room for awhile! Me and DH are snugglers, so I think it'll work out fine.
We just got a king a month or two ago (dd turned 3 last week). It worked for us mostly because dd sleeps plastered to either my husband or myself, so its not like we need a ton of room.

We'll be 4 to our king when this baby comes. I sometimes joke with dh that this baby will be out of our bed before dd will. She's just that kind of kid.

Sadie
#9 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 07:31 PM

great pic! I love co sleeping too. DH not so much but he deals. mostly he doesnt like getting kicked you know where in the middle of the night... who can blame him?! lol Ours all seem to be set for their own space sooner than i like.. but then they still co-sleep with a sibling, i never know who is going to wind up where for the night. the only child i know for sure is the 22mo(today ) she cant/doesn't get out of her crib yet and only the 3 yr old gets in with her. the rest...who knows!

DH thinks it is weird that the older ones do it(8,10 and 12) I think it is funny, i wonder at time when they will grow out of it but.. eh all in due time! Plenty of times its on accident, lay down reading a book together or playing a game and pass out..etc
#10 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM

Loving it! Co-sleeping is bliss
#11 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 09:16 PM

I used to love it... now having a seven year old boy, a queen bed and being preggers I kinda don't! We're going to co-sleep with the new baby, but DS has been permanently moved to his own room. Which, to be truthful, lets me sleep a LOT better!

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

#12 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 09:38 PM

I'd love to, but our bed is too small, and Sweetie and I have enough trouble fitting as it is (we both have to spread out to sleep..lol)..And to push another bed against ours--Our bed is so high up, it would be nearly impossible.

Baby will be in our room though for a long time. And even when he moves to his room, it's right next door.
#13 of 22 Old 05-12-2009, 09:42 PM

We have a king that DS spends roughly half his night sleep in (some nights not at all, some nights half the night, some nights most of the night) with us, and I hope for new baby to join the party.

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#14 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 01:16 AM

We are a partially cosleeping family My dd and ds share a bunk bed for half the night and my ds always comes into our queen size bed for the rest of it. We have a crib mattress of the floor for when my dd(4.5)wants to come join us. I feel bad that she isn't in the actual bed too, but there really isn't room and she never was a cosleeper and seems to have a hard time settling down while in bed with us. I'm nervous about adding a newborn to the mix. My ds is a rather large 2.5 year old and when he comes to bed it is to snuggle with Mama. I'm going to try putting our mattress on the floor and putting another beside it....but I'm still worried about night time wars with my ds and this baby. Anyways, I do love cosleeping and the pic you posted is beautiful

Jenny
#15 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 03:40 AM

How cute! Our 4.5 year old sleeps in her own room (always has) but does visit us very early in the morning and falls asleep between DH and me. Baby sleeps in a co-sleeper beside our bed.

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
#16 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 08:51 AM

Sweet! Our son (almost 5) asked for his own bed for Christmas, so he has that, but in the same room. And our daughter (almost 2) is in our bed, so we'll be back to 4 in there very soon.
#17 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 12:31 PM

That looks a lot like our arrangement! I sleep on the queen with baby, DD sleeps on the twin, and DH always has a backache from sleeping in the trough between the two beds!

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#18 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM - Thread Starter

oh, its so nice to see how many families are fellow co-sleepers I know it does not work for everyone, but i can not think of any other way for our family.
The bed arranging has been a constant work in progress for our family and before the baby we finally came up with a solution, but now its changed again. ha ha
1st we were all in our queen bed which became smaller and smaller as our son grew. Then we got him his "big kid bed" which was a big hit at first but slowly moved across the room to be closer to ours. Then we moved our bed to the floor so i could cuddle with him in the middle of the night without having him come into our bed crowding Poppa which moved him onto the living room couch. So that was the best we had it. Now the baby has arrived we need her next to the wall so Momma and baby are on the little bed and Poppa and son are on the big queen. hmmm? looks like Momma got the short end of the stick. But like is said "its always a work in progress"
#19 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie Lake View Post
We just got a king a month or two ago (dd turned 3 last week). It worked for us mostly because dd sleeps plastered to either my husband or myself, so its not like we need a ton of room.

We'll be 4 to our king when this baby comes. I sometimes joke with dh that this baby will be out of our bed before dd will. She's just that kind of kid.

Sadie
I say the same thing about our soon to be 5 year old He is such a cuddle bug. I admit i love it though!
#20 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybabygirls View Post
That's so cute! We all sleep together too! It looks like our room. One queen pushed up against a double bed! Except we now have 3 kids under the age of four and me and my hubby! I love it, I am not so sure about my hubby loving it all the time! But it's what works and what's healthy for the babies!!!
I would love to see a photo of this (hint hint) so sweet!
#21 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post

we were all in a queen until ds was four and it was no problem what so ever. Very warm and snuggly!
#22 of 22 Old 05-13-2009, 05:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrappingmom View Post
great pic! I love co sleeping too. DH not so much but he deals. mostly he doesnt like getting kicked you know where in the middle of the night... who can blame him?! lol Ours all seem to be set for their own space sooner than i like.. but then they still co-sleep with a sibling, i never know who is going to wind up where for the night. the only child i know for sure is the 22mo(today ) she cant/doesn't get out of her crib yet and only the 3 yr old gets in with her. the rest...who knows!

DH thinks it is weird that the older ones do it(8,10 and 12) I think it is funny, i wonder at time when they will grow out of it but.. eh all in due time! Plenty of times its on accident, lay down reading a book together or playing a game and pass out..etc
I only hope my son wants to snuggle with me at 8, 10 and 12 years! Lucky Momma.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page