ugh...feeling down. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-14-2009, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I believe it's lack of sleep....
even though Maggie is sleeping great, I still find it hard to wind down at night. I have always had anxiety at night- almost a fear to turn off the TV because I know I won't be able to shut off my brain.
I hurt today and I don't know if it's because of DTD for the first time this week or because I started back with my part time job yesterday which consists of me taking a little old lady to her medical appointments each week (for $20 and hour...not too shabby eh?). I walked alot yesterday and today I have just felt every tiny nerve ending in the neither regions. It's like tiny little sparks constantly. Tylenol hasn't touched it...and I am seriously a freaking step away from taking a 5mg loritab I have left over from last year LOL but i am terrified that it will affect little Mag.
Anywhoo I just feel like crying....
Kylie had a tough day just doing little things that she knew would get my attention. She took all of our mail I brought in and just threw it all over the floor and gave me the "what are you going to do now" grin. She NEVER does things like that and I know it's just because she is trying to act out her frustrations. Thank goodness she is still as sweet as can be to Maggie. She can be redirected great if I take the time to give her words....I will usually tell her that I know she is sad that mommy can't hold her like she used to and then I will go on to explain why and follow that with how proud I am of her. After i did that after the mail incident she went right to the living room and picked it all up and said, "I sorry mommy"...which I think is pretty good for a 2.5 year old. BUT on days like today I don't always have the instant reaction to talk her through things everytime....and most of today I spent not being very nice after her acting out behaviors .
Mom and dad took her for a while tonight and will bathe her before bringing her home. DH is working all night which adds to the anxiety at night.
Anywhoo...I just needed to vent

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#2 of 4 Old 05-14-2009, 10:36 PM

I have anxiety at night also so I know exactly what you're describing

Do you think maybe you're doing too much too soon and need a little more down time to heal? My toddler is trying me a lot lately too and some days I just want to lock myself in the bedroom for a time out.

Do you have any Rescue Remedy that you can take? Are you taking fish oil? When I have particularly bad days I rely on Bach's Rescue Remedy or I make my own combination from the kit depending on what's bothering me, its makes a big difference just in terms of being able to cope and relax.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 4 Old 05-14-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post

Do you have any Rescue Remedy that you can take? Are you taking fish oil? When I have particularly bad days I rely on Bach's Rescue Remedy or I make my own combination from the kit depending on what's bothering me, its makes a big difference just in terms of being able to cope and relax.
No but I will get some tomorrow
I tend to burn the candle at both ends...so yeah I may be doing too much but the part time job I have to somehow manage because that's what's allowing me to afford to go 2 months unpaid from my full time job. I think I need to learn how to live with an unclean house LOL....because I spend a lot of the day stressing about how I am going to clean. I am after all the dumb ass who vacuumed my freaking furniture the day after I got home from the hospital

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#4 of 4 Old 05-14-2009, 10:46 PM

I have the anxiety at night thing too, for years. What I've done that has helped me is to listen to books on my iPod when I go to bed. I set the iPod's timer for 15 minutes and that usually does the trick, sometimes I need 30 minutes.

Reading doesn't work because I'm up witht he lights on, but listening to books is great, you're in the dark laying down....

I only use one ear bud so I can hear my son if he wakes

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page