May 20-27 Chat thread... - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 08:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
From sunflowers? I though lecithin was from bug skins. Am I making that up in my head? Quite possible.
Anyway, what I have is capsules (liquid inside). I just checked my bottle - I have one left. Off to the drugstore!
The only lecithin I know of comes from soybeans - never heard of it from bugs. But hey - I'm not expert!
#62 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoMama View Post
The only lecithin I know of comes from soybeans - never heard of it from bugs. But hey - I'm not expert!
I seriously could have made it up. I'm going to look it up now!

DS 12/22/05 and DD 5/24/09
#63 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 PM

Yeah, so, I totally made that up. WHERE the HECK did I get that idea!!?!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecithin

#64 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 09:19 PM

Nope, not amniotic fluid. Seriously crazy amount of discharge, though, if that's what it was. Who knows ... We walked around the mall for a while and I thought the contractions were back, but now they're fizzling out again, it seems. And yep, I'm feeling them all in my back. This should be fun.
#65 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by j_p_i View Post
I'm glad that I won't be pregnant through all the hot summer weather! I'd be miserable. Today is our first real hot day, and I'm all swollen and uncomfortable. I definitely sympathize for the real summer DDCs!
Yup, that's me over here in the southern hemisphere.

We had a heatwave in February and I thought I was going to die. Nothing made it better, and our house doesn't have air conditioning. It was pure torture. Luckily it's started cooling down in the past couple of weeks, so I'll be able to snuggle under a rug with my winter baby soon

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#66 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM

*sigh*
It's been a very.bad.day.
Tomorrow is the anniversary of my father's death (I think. I really need to go look at his obit so I can tell my brothers they were wrong. ). Totally unrelated to today being bad though... just sort of anticipating tomorrow may be better. Maybe the baby has been waiting for that day.
No sleep, tornado toddler and a DH (I do stress dear... dear dear husband...) who doesn't seem to get how being 40 weeks pregnant already wears you out much less while chasing a tornado toddler on no sleep and trying to get the house cleaned and supper made with contractions on and off all day every 4-6 minutes and people calling every half hour or so to ask if you've "popped". : K, thanks. I'm ready to be done now.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#67 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Back from the MW. Did go for the sweep.

About 1.5 cm... Better than nothing.

She did comment that athough my cervix was still long I was very soft and stretchy. She believes I will have a fast and fairly easy birth once we let things kick in. Hopefully she is right.

She was also commenting how much she was supposed to hurt me, and yet I was feeling absolutely comfortable with her playing with my cervix ... No pain from that. She boosted my confidence with that one too saying that my birth should go well. Again: hopefully she is right.

She doesn't think it will put me into labour though, but might make me progress more for now.

Now I am kinda jealous, she got to rub my baby's head.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#68 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 11:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
*sigh*
people calling every half hour or so to ask if you've "popped". : K, thanks. I'm ready to be done now.
I hate that word like you can't believe!!! I am not a zit.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#69 of 174 Old 05-21-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
I hate that word like you can't believe!!! I am not a zit.
Oh man - if someone uses the word pop to me - I may just have to tell them that!!!
#70 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 AM

Even staying at home on my own all day every day, I still get people calling and emailing me asking if I've popped, or if I'm in labour.

I know that's high on my priority list:
1. Go into labour (at an appropriate time that suits everyone else)
2. Ring everyone I know, just to make sure they're aware of me in labour.

*sigh*.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#71 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustGirl View Post
Even staying at home on my own all day every day, I still get people calling and emailing me asking if I've popped, or if I'm in labour.

I know that's high on my priority list:
1. Go into labour (at an appropriate time that suits everyone else)
2. Ring everyone I know, just to make sure they're aware of me in labour.

*sigh*.
Yeah, my mom wants me to call her and let her know when we're going in to the hospital, which is fine. She also wants to know if she can tell people--which is also ok with me. It's not like they can come find me or anything. I just can't figure out why they want to know.

I'm up to time contractions. We'll see if this goes anywhere ... they were definitely getting quite a bit closer together when I was trying to sleep, so I decided to try ye olde position change again and see what happens.
#72 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 10:10 AM

I'm going to the acupuncturist today. My entire support system is disappearing today. I'm depressed and angry and getting very detached from this pregnancy and baby.
#73 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
I'm going to the acupuncturist today. My entire support system is disappearing today. I'm depressed and angry and getting very detached from this pregnancy and baby.
I am so sorry that you are feeling this way!! Can you do something just for you?? I took myself out to lunch with a really BIG book the other day when my MIL had DD. It was nice to just be able to focus on me and not anyone else. I didn't think about the baby or what I had left to do, I just read and enjoyed my lunch! And, there was no one there to ask if I should really be eating that!!!

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#74 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limabean1975 View Post
Yeah, so, I totally made that up. WHERE the HECK did I get that idea!!?!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecithin
I bet you were thinking of chitin, which is a major component of insect exoskeletons...

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#75 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

to you coloradomama.

#76 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Faling asleep was very hard last night... Ctx were strongish.

They are still there this am, but much lighter... Baby is kicking hard in there though.
It looks like no baby is going to show up on my girlfriend's birthday.

Oh, and all the other May babies that the MWs expected are now born. I am the last one standing Watch this out, June babies will show up before mine!

#77 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 01:26 PM

to coloradomama

I went to chiropractor today and then on a long walk. I would feel better if baby would stay LOA instead of ROT/ROA/ROP all the time. It's hot... I'm going to go drape on the birth ball in front of the fridge. Lunch will make itself.
#78 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 01:50 PM

I haven't decided if I will call anyone to announce that I am in labour (if anyone it would be my mom, Dh's dad). I think not. My mom will probably be miffed when she gets a call saying babe is born, but she'll get over it quickly, baby being the exciting thing.
So DH's (or mine if I'm up for it) call list will be like this:
1. Midwife
2. DS's "doula"
3. Photographer (ha ha ha if my mom only knew I'm going to call a photog I just met before her!).

#79 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauerweidchen View Post
I bet you were thinking of chitin, which is a major component of insect exoskeletons...
Hmm...I guess!

#80 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamayarn View Post
I'm going to go drape on the birth ball in front of the fridge. Lunch will make itself.
Thanks for the laugh

#81 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Calls:

Will call those who are coming for the birth and helping with DD and dog...

That's it. FIL is not expecting a call, so there is no problem there. I have my set of issues with my mother and not feeling like calling her on most days anyway, so sure not gonna do it in labour...

The only person I might call would be my brother... But I don't think I will.

-----------
: : And I get a day off to sit on my preggo butt today. DD is with MIL, (until she comes back exhausted and cranky this pm).

#82 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

This thread is becomeing my own rambling, sorry. But I am very happy 'cos I just lost a big chunk of plug in the shower. :

#83 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 03:26 PM

Yeah for you!! Here's hoping that it starts something real!! I don't know if I've lost mine or not. I've been fighting a yeast infection that is finally clearing up so I don't know if it's still there or not. I'm telling myself that I'm dialating and effacing anyhow. My MW doesn't do internals unless you ask, and with the infection, we aren't doing one at all. I think I'd rather not know all in all.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
#84 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 03:36 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
Yeah for you!! Here's hoping that it starts something real!! I don't know if I've lost mine or not. I've been fighting a yeast infection that is finally clearing up so I don't know if it's still there or not. I'm telling myself that I'm dialating and effacing anyhow. My MW doesn't do internals unless you ask, and with the infection, we aren't doing one at all. I think I'd rather not know all in all.
Yeah, I had lost a small greenish booger a few weeks ago, but this morning was more it!!! There was no question what that was I called DH at work to tell him. He was less excited.

MW did the internal yesterday beacuse I was totally okay with the sweep, but not pushing it at all. She was so encouraging. Not for the dilation, beacuse I am only 1 to 1.5, but mainly told me how stretchy my cervix was and how she thought my labour would go well. I want to believe her

This whole pre-labour is so new to me, since I had nothing with DD. Just a long, frustrating, scary and painful induction. I still have the feeling that I missed something. Hopefully letting this one go will help me get over it.

Very glad your infection is clearing up. Not the kind of thing you want to labour with.

#85 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
But I am very happy 'cos I just lost a big chunk of plug in the shower. :
Well your DH might not be impressed but I'm excited for you! :
#86 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 05:33 PM

I saw my midwife today, and there was malpresentation with Baby T. She got her to move into position, so here's to hoping! I'm feeling much, much better anyway. She gave me a "childbirth cocktail" to drink - which I did. I also saw my acupuncturist. We'll see if anything happens. *fingers crossed*
#87 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I saw my midwife today, and there was malpresentation with Baby T. She got her to move into position, so here's to hoping! I'm feeling much, much better anyway. She gave me a "childbirth cocktail" to drink - which I did. I also saw my acupuncturist. We'll see if anything happens. *fingers crossed*

Sounds like your're doing all you can my dear... :

:Come on baby now!

#88 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 06:53 PM

I'm officially past my second due date... and feeling pretty done today. I think we just did too much running around today, and I'm tired of feeling giant and uncomfortable, and having pains that don't seem to go anywhere...

Tomorrow is supposed to be cooler, I'm sure I'll feel better then.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#89 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 08:38 PM

So I'm having regular contractions that actually hurt. Here's to hoping.

ETA: but I figure posting that here will make them stop.
#90 of 174 Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 PM

My ear is getting better. Doesn't hurt so bad, just plugged up. I can barely hear out of it.

But now I'm puking sick. If I get sick one more time tonight, I'm going to the hospital. Trying to eat some bread now, and drinking gatorade. Hopefully it will stay down.

I can't win.

I made my mom cry today. She keeps bugging me about wanting to wait at the hospital while I'm in labor. I told her NO, absolutely not. I do not want ANYONE there except for me and Sweetie. I do not need or want an audience. I told her I will call her when he is born and we are settled. I want to be able to spend time just the three of us. This is not NEW information, I tell her this all the time. I guess she thought I was kidding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page