PP Chat Thread - June 1-7 - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#151 of 154 Old 06-08-2009, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
C finally lost his umbilical cord! Yay! : And it only took 3 weeks. Ok, almost 3 weeks, but still. The nurse at the hospital tried to tell me it would only be a few days [I wanted her to trim it cuz it kept catching on things--it was very big and almost fan-shaped]. His belly button still looks moist and a little red.

We're cloth diapering mostly. I don't have a huge stash for this size so I keep running out, plus it took a while to figure out how to cloth diaper him without rubbing his umbilical cord [not an issue anymore, yay!]. We do have a lot of issues with poop leaking out, no matter how I roll and fold the dipes. I have two types: prefolds and contours. And the moisture wicks from the diaper to the edging on the legs and waist. One day I ended up changing his outfit 3 times cuz of the wetness. I'm hoping once he grows into the next size it will be better. But I think we're going to have an issue with the prefolds cuz he's outgrowing the newborn size but the next size I have seems huge compared to him, so we'll see.

I'm also ECing him some, but he seems to HATE being on the potty. Cries as soon as I get him in position. I thought maybe it was the cold of the seat, so I've been trying to hover him over the little potty, but he still hollers. Funnily he stops screaming just long enough to start the flow of pee, then resumes. I don't want to do something he hates, but he almost always pees if I wait it out a minute or two. I keep hoping he'll adjust.....
#152 of 154 Old 06-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Hows everyons doing with cloth diapering?
I just got my small covers this weekend. I still have to order some fitted diapers to go in them. I was going to do that last week, but my hard drive crashed. I finally have a computer again! So, hopefully by next week we'll be back on the cloth diaper band wagon.
#153 of 154 Old 06-09-2009, 01:43 AM

Belle is now fitting into the small fuzzi bunz. They had been too big and we were getting alot of leakage because the leg holes were too big. The way we fixed that problem was by wrapping her in a birdeye's flat diaper and then putting the FB over it. Now that I know that trick, I wish I hadn't bought the newborn wraps/prefolds that I did! But my goal for the newborn period was to avoid disposables all together, and we were successful!

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#154 of 154 Old 06-09-2009, 09:58 AM

Cloth diapering-I tried it last time with DS when he was a newborn and it was a disaster. He was so big, he was already too big for a lot of the diapers I had bought, and the rest he leaked out of badly. I wish I had waited until he was maybe 6 months to try it, I might have stuck with it. Now I am considering CDing DD. The diaper waste is enormous

We create our own reality.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page