I'm fricking done - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2009, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm losing it. Seriously.
I'm touched out and exhausted. I've swore at all of the kids, including the baby today and told DH that the baby can just starve. I don't want anyone else touching me anymore. I have had someone attached to me nearly 24/7 since I got home a week ago. I'm running on so little sleep I'm surprised I've not collapsed and I hurt ALL OVER because DS3 won't sleep except in arms, so what sleep I am getting is sitting up on the couch.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2009, 02:32 PM

Aww. I'm sorry s. Is it an option for DH to take a couple days off, maybe have a long weekend and really focus on getting you some sleep?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 06-06-2009, 02:44 PM

I know just how you are feeling. We are almost 2wks pp and i broke down in the school parking lot after dropping dd1 off. Some one asked me how it was going and i said it sucks and started bawling.
My dd2 is eating nonstop and i can only put her down for about 15min. I almost screamed last night, i have been getting about 1hr snipits of sleep for days. Added to that the guilt of not gettng special mommy time with dd1.
This is not easy, I do believe that this is all transition and that we will get through it and everyone will adjust.
I hope you get a nap today, it will help. You have to take care of yourself in order to care for the kids.
Old 06-06-2009, 02:51 PM

s I totally get the touched out thing. I have been really impatient with DD when she climbs all over me and the baby, not so much that she's bothering the baby, more that I just can't take one more person clinging to me.

I second the pp's on hopefully getting a nap today... it gets better, but that transition time can be so rough...

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
Old 06-06-2009, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
I'm running on so little sleep I'm surprised I've not collapsed and I hurt ALL OVER because DS3 won't sleep except in arms, so what sleep I am getting is sitting up on the couch.
Can you lay down with him? Have you figured out the nursing while laying down thing? If not, try it - really - it's a problem solver.
Old 06-06-2009, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I honestly haven't been working on side lying much with him. DS2 is still in our bed and I'm sort of concerned about co-sleeping with DS3 while DS2's in the bed. And I can't stand the thought of "evicting" DS2 from our bed so that we can bring DS3 in. I was hoping to have things set up earlier in my pregnancy so we could transition him slowly to sleeping in his own bed, but that just didn't happen and now I'm "stuck" with him in our bed.
It's more the soreness that's getting to me, I think, and the being touched out. I just want to have a couple of hours sleep in a bed like a normal person so maybe I wouldn't hurt so much- preferably without a human accessory.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
Old 06-06-2009, 05:56 PM

No real advice, this is my first and I'm working on adjusting too. Just lots of s and I hope you get a little rest soon.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
Old 06-06-2009, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Definitely need several hours of nap time with no kids, nobody bugging you, in a room with a nice loud fan or a/c so you cannot hear anything outside of the room. Maybe pump a bottle for babe before hand so if he gets hungry, DH can feed him.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
Old 06-06-2009, 10:05 PM

s

I understand..And I just have ONE baby, let alone 2.

The first night we were home, Monday was hell...He screamed all night. He did better Tues, Weds, and Thurs...Last night was worse than Monday...He just would not go down. Every time he'd fall asleep, I'd put him in his bassinet, and before I could get the three steps to my bed, he'd be crying again. Ended up sleeping with him for a couple of hours in the guest room...Then I tried to move over to my room, and put him down, and he was crying again...Sweetie got up with him, and let me sleep for a few hours.

I've been crying all day, and I'm super irritated. I just need to sleep, but can't sleep if I know he's awake...It's driving me crazy. Then to top it off, disability called me yesterday and let me know my leave is up July 23..So I have 8 weeks to figure out how to get some sleep so I can work...And not going back is not an option, we are broke.

Hopefully it will level off soon. Until then s.
Old 06-06-2009, 11:32 PM

I hope it gets better for you soon. Have you thought of evicting yourself to another bed with #3?

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:13 AM

I'm sorry.
Old 06-07-2009, 03:12 AM

I am alone and co-sleeping with a toddler. Side-nursing I do with me in-between the two children, which means that the baby is between me and the outside of the bed. So to prevent falls / injuries, I have pillows along and below the side of the bed. I do put her in the cradle whenever possible but if I fall asleep nursing her there is at least that. To prevent one side from getting more use, we sleep with our heads at different ends of the bed every other night (one side is against a wall, toddler sleeps there).

It's not that the stay-at-home-parent gets to stay home with the kids. The kids get to stay home with a parent. Lucky Mom to DD1 (4 y) and DD2 (18 mo), Wife to Mercenary Dad
Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max'sMama View Post
I hope it gets better for you soon. Have you thought of evicting yourself to another bed with #3?
That's what we did, DD is in the master bed with DH, and I moved to the spare room with DS.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Big huge for you!! Parenting has so many ups and downs! Just know that the ups are coming! Some days I am in the dumps and some days I'm on top of the world!! Its a huge adjustment having a newborn on you ALL the time. Its such a challenge but soon enough that newborn will be sitting and standing and walking and then you won't be able to catch him!!

Can you pump some milk so that someone else can feed him while you take a break? I just ordered a new pump, I can't WAIT to have some milk on hand.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 06-07-2009, 02:04 PM

More
Sounds like a roughh time. I can say that this too shall pass, but that's not what you want to hear.
I'm not a big tv person, but I'm lovin netflix right now. I put the toddler down for a nap, set up the older kids with a flick and lay down with babe. Even if I don't atually get sleep, it helps to just lay. down. !
I'm also relying heavily on G's friendship with the neighbor boy--he goes to play there all the time. It's great.
I can't remember where you live exactly. I'd love come help you.
Hang in there hon.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:43 PM

I hear you. And I've just got one. Glad to know I'm not the only one..
Old 06-07-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsMum View Post
That's what we did, DD is in the master bed with DH, and I moved to the spare room with DS.
Same here, DD is now in the master bed with Daddy when he is home, DS and I are in the kids room. When DP leaves for work, DD, DS and I all move into the master bed, with DS spending part of the night in his cosleeper attached to the bed. It also works as a great barrier to him rolling off if he is in the bed with us. Than I'm in the middle and DD is against the wall.

I second pumping a bottle and getting DH to give it to him so you can get a good chunk of sleep.

Loving WAHM/Student Mommy to DD (6.5) and DS (2.5)  

Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM

I'm sorry. I hope things get better soon.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdnaMarie View Post
I am alone and co-sleeping with a toddler. Side-nursing I do with me in-between the two children, which means that the baby is between me and the outside of the bed. So to prevent falls / injuries, I have pillows along and below the side of the bed. I do put her in the cradle whenever possible but if I fall asleep nursing her there is at least that. To prevent one side from getting more use, we sleep with our heads at different ends of the bed every other night (one side is against a wall, toddler sleeps there).
:
I like EdnaMarie's suggestion of putting yourself in between DS2 and DS3. I love side-nursing and it's the only way I can get descent sleep with DS2.

You are doing the best you can and we all have and are allowed to have our moments of frustration. May you get some rest soon and may side nursing in the family bed work for you tonight
Old 06-07-2009, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank for you for the suggestions.
We don't have an "extra" bed. DS2's bed is a crib cum toddler bed which he sleeps in for part of the night then crawls into our bed.
I cannot nurse side lying on the right side (yet). I am still having difficulties nursing on it in a "normal" position because it's inverted. This wasn't much of an issue with DS2, I just nursed him on the left at night and the right "adjusted" it's milk accordingly. Now, though, I have two nurslings. I'm basically being forced to night wean DS2 because DS3 cannot get the milk out of the right side effectively yet (I pump and feed it back with an SNS) and I'm relying on the left to be certain he's getting enough, iykwim.
I don't give my babies artificial nipples because I've had WAY too many issues with "nipple confusion". It took me a full month of tears and pain to get DS2 properly back to breast after ONE pacifier incident- not even a bottle- and a single bottle lead down a road to DS1 being bottle fed.
I'm hoping that things will start to settle down a bit now that we seem to have our latch issues figured out- though not totally there yet. Sometimes I wonder what G*d was thinking making women's nipples so HUGE when babies' mouths are so SMALL.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:28 AM

hang in there. DD2 wouldn't sleep unless attached either. I was at my wits end very quickly cause I was so afraid I would smother her that I did not hardly sleep. Honestly her sleeping never improved until recently, but DH and I started cooperating on who got to sleep whenever possible. I would take naps in the afternoon after he got home we'd trade on the weekends, I got saturday morning, he got sunday, etc. Its really the only way I've survived.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

Old 06-08-2009, 12:31 AM

ugh.... I KNOW how you feel being touched out......g*d it makes my skin crawl sometimes!

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 PM

i just have one baby and i understand totally! yesterday i just burst into tears because my bottom hurts so bad and my nipples hurt (she had a bad latch during colostrum, better now but the soreness is still residual) and she wasnt getting full on colostrum and so she just cried and nursed and cried and nursed and my dh wanted to go to the hardware store so he could install a gas line and hook up the drier (while im on bedrest... thank you no.) and i just couldnt handle it. but now that my milk has come in ,its a little better!
Old 06-10-2009, 06:53 PM

BIIGGG hugs for you..everyone really!

As others have said, i'd really try nursing laying down between babe's. sleep makes all the difference. that first week-week and a half home this time was horrible. I couldn't even get more than 15min sleep even when baby was and it was horrible!

Yesterday DD#3(almost 23mo) was MISERABLE(DD 2 snuck her a granola bar and she has celiac disease) and DD#4 was so cranky and wouldnt let me put her down for anything, even the wrap wasn't good enough, had to be my ARMS around her. DS 2 was being a royal pain in my rear, not listening to what i asked and so neither was DD2 ...... by afternoon i was ready to..do something drastic, i just couldn't figure out what exactly... i was ssssooooo happy when DH got home..he ddint help but i was ok once i knew i could ask for help I DID almost call my mom and ask her to get as many kids as she could handle though..lol. my parents run a wholesale flower biz from home and homeschool my sister(16) and have less than no time so i dont ask for help unless theres no other choice.

DD#4 also has a weird lump on her gum up front which causes a horrible latch and to much nursing wears on my nipple and has actually ripped it pretty bad a couple times to where i couldnt nurse on that side a few days...fun fun

Not an option i have but.... maybe put little ones in safe places(crib, carseat, highchair etc) grab something for music and lock yourself in the bathroom, even for 5 minutes. I"m totally anti cry it out... BUT they can cry for a couple minutes if needed for mom to regain sanity to DEAL with the crying again! Mommy getting a good cry in can help too!
Old 06-10-2009, 09:18 PM

connie--I just wanted to say that the pain will get less soon.

User Tag List