Milestones - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 51 Old 07-05-2009, 08:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liam is waking up finally he still sleeps most of the day but he has some lengthly awake times. He has started batting at his mobile and looking at it. He has also started to coo which is so cute because he has to move all of his body parts just to make one little sound. ahhh babies so sweet.

7 weeks adjusted
almost 3 months!
#32 of 51 Old 07-07-2009, 05:20 PM

Isla's been smiling a lot lately, but really likes it when I sing to her. She's also started cooing. It's so cute. I'm having to remind myself to interact with her more (aside from basic care), I feel like all I do is nurse her and pop her in the sling, as I'm constantly trying to keep tabs on my almost two year old. "Isla time" is at a premium. But we're in love with her more and more every day.

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#33 of 51 Old 07-07-2009, 06:18 PM

We're definitely getting social smiles here now, although they're still few and far between. Her whole face lights up and its adorable! We also seem to have hit another milestone ... 5 hour stretches of sleep! I've also successfully put her down for a nap 2 days in a row. I hope, hope, hope this continues!
#34 of 51 Old 07-08-2009, 08:12 AM

aw! im so happy for everyone and their happy babies!

My lil man is quite Mr. Personality! He is a cooing, smiling, LOUD gas releasing (lol), jumpy, happy booby baby! He has been smiling and cooing since last week. im soo proud of my lil 7 week old, but he growing a little too fast for me =[.

Shauntay & Shannon=
our Princess:12.20.05 our Prince: 05.16.09
#35 of 51 Old 07-13-2009, 05:35 PM

Yesterday Sophia grabbed my thumb, she was so focused and kept opening her right hand to grab it, then would release it and grab it again. She did it like 10 times, today we were laying in bed and I have this blue tshirt that has a bunch of rainbow letters and she kept trying to grab those too, she got mad when she realized she couldnt really grab them lol

We call her the trippy baby now too, because she loves colors and trippy things. We have Christmas lights and that's what we used for light at nightime, she stares at it forever, loves the colors.

Also this very trippy paisley pillows we have, she loves staring at them and laying on them and now my shirt. She also loves my screensaver, is the bubbles one that comes with Vista.
#36 of 51 Old 07-16-2009, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catters View Post
I'm having to remind myself to interact with her more (aside from basic care), I feel like all I do is nurse her and pop her in the sling, as I'm constantly trying to keep tabs on my almost two year old. "Isla time" is at a premium.
I'm finding this too. Darcy doesn't get much of a look in while she's happy and either in the sling or bouncy, because Jambin, my 2yo just needs enormous amounts of attention. I'm hoping that all the talking, singing, reading that I do for Jambin is benefiting Darcy too.

Mothering my 4yo DS and 1yo DD
I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#37 of 51 Old 07-29-2009, 12:01 PM

OMG...2 months old today, and the past 3 nights AJ has skipped his 2:30-3am wake and slept till 4:30-5am. : I'm hoping this becomes a habit, because the extra sleep is wonderful! And he's so much happier with the extra rest himself.
#38 of 51 Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 PM

O rolled over for the first time last night. I went to get him out of his crib for his 5am feed and he was on his back kicking his legs starring at the ceiling! (he sleeps on his tummy)

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#39 of 51 Old 07-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Sophia has rollover 4 times in the past two days, from her tummy to her back only. She was laying on my lap and rollover once and I put her back on her tummy and she did it again, she seemed to think it was fun, but hasnt done it again.
#40 of 51 Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
OMG...2 months old today, and the past 3 nights AJ has skipped his 2:30-3am wake and slept till 4:30-5am.
Nice :
For the last 3 nights, Darcy has slept through from 7.30pm til midnight or so. It feels blissfully indulgent to have both children in bed and be able to chill out by myself watching rubbish TV for a few hours, then leisurely go to sleep for a few more hours, THEN get up to feed her

Darcy hasn't rolled yet. How old were all your LO's when they rolled? I think my son was 12 weeks when he did it for the first time.

I knit : I sew : I read : I craft : and I very occasionally and irregularly blog
#41 of 51 Old 07-30-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peppermint Poppies View Post
Nice :
For the last 3 nights, Darcy has slept through from 7.30pm til midnight or so. It feels blissfully indulgent to have both children in bed and be able to chill out by myself watching rubbish TV for a few hours, then leisurely go to sleep for a few more hours, THEN get up to feed her

Darcy hasn't rolled yet. How old were all your LO's when they rolled? I think my son was 12 weeks when he did it for the first time.
DS is 12 weeks today, rolled over yesterday for the first time.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#42 of 51 Old 08-01-2009, 04:00 AM

I think I've got you beat Poppies.. for the last three nights DS has slept from 11pm to 8am I think I've died and gone to heaven!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#43 of 51 Old 08-01-2009, 07:46 AM

Kynan is 8 weeks old today

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
And as far as nicknames, we call AJ "Pterodactyl" because he makes these weird screachy noises when he is waking up..lol Sometimes I call him "Dragon" too, because when he gets mad, he breathes in and out of his nose really fast like he's going to shoot fire out of his nose, it's hilarious..lol
We were calling Kynan "Pterodactyl" in the hospital when he was a couple of days old because of the same screechy noise. That was then shortened to "Terry". In his case, the noise was his desperate "I'm so hungry" noise, but we didn't realise this until he had a one-off big feed of formula because he was dehydrated. My milk didn't come in till late. Once it did and he was getting enough milk, the "Terry" stopped

His nicknames now are "bug" and "squid" - because he shoots "ink" from his butt, hehe. Also call him "piranha" because he is so impatient at the boob and goes nuts for the first few minutes.

We've been lucky with his night sleeping. Feeds at night are mostly 5-9 hours apart, depending on when his last feed was before we go to bed. Longest was 10 hours.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#44 of 51 Old 08-01-2009, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
I think I've got you beat Poppies.. for the last three nights DS has slept from 11pm to 8am I think I've died and gone to heaven!
Wow. Just wow. Not that it would do me any good. For the last couple of nights my toddler has been getting up for a midnight play session, then is up to start the day at 4am

Milestones wise, my little girl giggled for the first time a few days ago. It just melted my heart. She'll be 3 months old tomorrow - how did that happen so quickly?

#45 of 51 Old 08-02-2009, 12:12 AM

since i'm a little late on this, Maddy will be 3 months on the 14th. She has been sleeping through the night from about 9pm to 6am. I am weirdly lucky. She has been smiling since she was 4 weeks and holds her head when we assist her in sitting up which is her prefered position of choice. she loves to have her time on the floor with her gym or watching tv. She coos alot and smiles all the time. A very interactive baby. not rolling yet or laughing but waiting for the day to come
#46 of 51 Old 08-03-2009, 05:35 PM

Adelaide slleps from 11:30 until anywhere from 7 to 9am, nurses, then sleeps for a few more hours.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#47 of 51 Old 08-04-2009, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychick View Post
Maddy will be 3 months on the 14th. She has been sleeping through the night from about 9pm to 6am.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
Adelaide slleps from 11:30 until anywhere from 7 to 9am, nurses, then sleeps for a few more hours.
Girls, I'm drooling I'm so jealous

#48 of 51 Old 08-04-2009, 09:02 PM

I totally understand. My first didn't sleep through the night until she was over 4 years old.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#49 of 51 Old 08-08-2009, 12:10 AM

She giggled!!!! It was at my mom but that's okay cause I'm just so happy she giggled!!!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#50 of 51 Old 08-08-2009, 02:47 PM

Sophia is 3 months old today. She giggled for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It's so cute. She likes to sit and hold herself up for a couple of seconds
She likes to grab my hair, blankets, we have this stuffed animal (georgey the frog), it's huge, but she pulls him towards her mouth, chomps on it as she coos.

Sophia is a good sleeper, once she is asleep, she'll sleep for 6 hours, wake up for a feeding, goes right back to sleep. It's not rare for her to stay asleep anywhere from 9am to 12pm. Until 12pm if I stay in bed with her. She is a sleepyhead and likes to wake up late and go to bed late.

She only roll overs sometimes, but has now rollover from her back to her tummy. Also when on her tummy she can hold her head completely up, her shoulders and legs, in the crawling position and tires to push herself forward.

Today in bed laying vertically, and I found her in the ,middle of the bed laying horizontally. A LONG way down, I dont know how she got herself there.
#51 of 51 Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 AM
Banned

Della is 11 weeks and has started teething already. Actually started at about 9 weeks so she has been a bit miserable but the baby orajel helps a lot. She has just figured out how to roll over and it is trying it constantly...
She was my little velcro baby but for the past week she has been sleeping for up to 5 hours in her bassinet instead of our bed starting at around 8pm. Then I feed her and if i don't fall asleep while I am feeding her in the middle of the night she is pretty tolerant of going back into the bassinet. This is a huge deal for us...

She has been able to for the past 3 weeks hold herself up on her tummy and lift off her chest a bit. She can actually propel herself forward too but it doesn't qualify as crawling yet I think.

Hmm what else, she has been smiling and vocal since about 5 weeks. She is doing the baby laugh/screech for a while too. She can also reach out and grab her rattle and shake it and flick the spinners with her other hand. Quite impressive. We call her many nicknames primarily the toothless wonder though. Although that could change soon considering you can very easily see the little teeth just under her gums!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page