Chat thread June 29 - July 6 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 62 Old 06-30-2009, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
And that no one feeds baby except mommy and that goes for the older kids too until baby is at least a year or more. I caught the then 11 yr old giving DD Nutella without asking when DD was barely 1.
If only I could have enforced that rule with my aunts too... They got DD1 quite sick with chocolate cake and macaroni salad with mayo at 8 months

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 62 Old 06-30-2009, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
Question for the moms with toddlers/preschoolers too:

Do you have set rules for your toddler around the baby? I did not think of making any , I just supervise them and teach DD1 how to behave around her sister as possible issues come up. (SO I guess we have a couple rules now, like: "no jumping on the bed when your sister is there" and "no pushing the baby swing"...) But this week-end, we went to see friends who had a newborn and preschoolers and they had set rules, such as no going on the baby's blanket (both babies were sleeping on a large quilt in the grass) and no touching baby unless Mommy/Daddy is holding him. DD1 will sometimes go see her sister sleeping, rubs her cheek and go back to play. I don't think I would be comfortable in cutting that freedom and bonding, plus we live in 850 sq. feet so I can hear what is going on at all times.
She also made sure baby would sleep where the preschoolers could not go, upstairs or behind gates... Not really do-able in our small place either.

How do you handle this?
nak

I feel the same way - I don't want to interfere with their bonding. The only rules we have are the two you mentioned regarding jumping on the bed and pushing the baby swing, and also a third- "Only one kiss." I had to make that rule because, although DD (3) and Nephew (2) are gentle, they tend to kiss DS over and over until either DS cries or until I stop them.

I love when DD spontaneously loves on her baby brother, or gently helps him find his paci when he cries and I'm not right there. I wouldn't want to prevent that bonding either, unless the older child had a history of being rough with baby. We've been fortunate that DD has directed her aggression only at me and DH, and not at DS.

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#33 of 62 Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
The only "rule" that has come up so far is that DD is allowed to lay BESIDE Baby J but not ON Baby J. And that no one feeds baby except mommy and that goes for the older kids too until baby is at least a year or more. I caught the then 11 yr old giving DD Nutella without asking when DD was barely 1.
Yeah, I guess "No feeding Baby" is another rule around here. When DS was a week or so old, DD was very proud of her idea of feeding Eli her dried Play-Doh. Luckily I was able to intercept before it actually went in his mouth.

Also just now read through the thread and saw that we are not the only ones with the issue of too many kisses!

“War is peace.
Freedom is slavery.
Ignorance is strength.”
― George Orwell, 1984
#34 of 62 Old 06-30-2009, 11:28 PM

We have many many kisses here too from the toddler. They are at a lovey age! I try to let my toddler do what he wants without making rules. I am trying to teach him how to act around her, like if he talks to her 2 inches from her face she can't see him-back up! It is so hard when the toddler barely knows where all his body parts are at any given moment-a little klutzy!

I go into work for 1 hr tomorrow morning. DH is being left with her for the first extended time. She is still not reliable about taking a bottle. But the good thing is that I leave early in the morning when she is usually groggy and just sleeps mostly anyway. She is more likely to take a bottle when she is groggy.

My boobs are finally shrinking! I am down at least 1 cup size, now my H cup bra actually fits!!

I am working with DD to get her to fall asleep peacefully by herself. I tried helping her find her hand/thumb. Hopefully persistence will win!

We create our own reality.
#35 of 62 Old 06-30-2009, 11:50 PM

rash - lots of little bumps all over face, body, part of her arms, usually very red splotches to go with them, but its really starting to fade very well now. Same rash DD2 had at 2 weeks until I gave up dairy.

poop - Anna has very, very liquidy, yellow, but with a green tint poop. No seeds to it, though, which DD1 and DD2 had.

cd - I would have gone nuts over a wool soaker that cheap back then, cheapest I could find then was in the high thirties, if I remember right. Don't feel comfortable Cding Anna because of the enlarged kidney and being more suseptable to UTIs. It may be totally unfounded, but I'm a worry wart.

toddler rules - DD3's swing is on a large chair and ottoman, so the only two rules we have are don't touch the chair/ottoman or the swing. For the most part everything else is supervision. DD2 tries to help put the blanket on her, so we are working on not smothering sister at the moment, so I guess that's another rule, but she can touch the blanket and cover everything but her head . DD2 started smooching on her immediately when we got home from the hospital, totally unsolicited. DD1&2 kiss on her like crazy!!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#36 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Question for the moms with toddlers/preschoolers too:

Do you have set rules for your toddler around the baby?
i dont have any SET rules, because i still feel like ocean is developing language wise and he doesn't always 'get' what im telling him. its more of a repeat until we learn thing...that said, i have to really WATCH him when pearl is around since his idea of love is to lay ON the baby like kdtmom2be said.

ive had pearl napping in another room, and been busy doing something in the kitchen when i realize its too quiet and ive run into the room where pearl is napping and found ocean ON TOP of her with her crying and struggling. it was quite disturbing, really, until i realized he was just trying to either hug her or pick her up...so i just kind of hover and remind him to lay beside her...and im there to pry him off of her if need be...and ive installed a baby gate at the entrance to the hallway that leads to our bedroom so he cant get in there while she's sleeping...

i tell him all the time the baby can only have milk...last night at dinner when we were all sitting down and pearl was in the bouncy seat, he pointed to her and said 'food'? it was really cute...but i foresee a day he actually tries to feed her something...lol.

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#37 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Yay for you Becky!
I was just coming to do a quick post to brag about Penny who just fell asleep all by herself in her bed :

I love this! Please please baby girl, continue like this.
oh and wouldn't you know i'd get so excited about something one night and then last night she was up ten minutes after laying her down for about three hours in a row...so it was a lot of bouncing and even "running laps" around the coffee table to finally get her to sleep...lol.

then she did the lay down drowsy to nap thing today. my sil came to take ocean since hubs and i are still sick...and he's sleeping over...so that means no early wake time tomorrow! pearl sleeps in until noon sometimes.

now im contemplating whether or not to drink coffee and do some cleaning or just go back to sleep...

becky.
mama to m (3/96), o (8/07), p (5/09) and our twins: r (2/14/11) and l (2/15/11) 

#38 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 04:54 PM

I think its another growth spurt over here. 3 days of non stop nursing and either no sleep because all she does is fussy nurse, or lots of sleep. yesterday she slept almost all day but she is making up for it today with no naps, lots of screaming, and lots of frustrated rip your nipples off nursing. After hours of laying down with her and nursing her in between bouts of fussiness, I finally put her in the swing and she is out like a light with no crying in 3 minutes. I guess thats just what she needed today. I hope my milk supply hurries up and catches up with her because I can tell how frustrated she is that the milk isn't fast enough. When she gets another let down she swallows almost frantically. It makes me feel bad like Im starving my baby

but I know if I keep nursing her around the clock that there will be more milk soon.

Also it seems like any time she has a BM it wakes her up and I have to change her or she cries. This is a very recent development. Anyone else have a baby that does this?

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#39 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Also it seems like any time she has a BM it wakes her up and I have to change her or she cries. This is a very recent development. Anyone else have a baby that does this?
DD2 did that.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#40 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 06:59 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
River doesn't poop in his sleep, but when he is poopy, changing him makes him a veeeery happy boy he loves his changing table, its so cute! There's a mobile above it and he'll literally lay there smiling and cooing at his bears for like 20 minutes. so cute.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#41 of 62 Old 07-01-2009, 09:41 PM

We're having the same fussiness over here Renee. I was actually somewhat relieved to read your post and see that our babies were only born two days apart. I guess it's just time for a growth spurt? My usually never cries at all baby has definitely gone MIA this week lol. I have him in my moby right now and he seems really content. He's been sleeping on and off for about 2 hours now which is the longest he's napped all week I think. Usually if I walk him around bouncing him he stops crying but my arms start hurting after a while because he's such a chunky monkey. I finally thought to get the moby out today and it's made it so much easier on my arms.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#42 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 09:04 AM

O is 8 weeks today. we weighed him last weekend and he's up to 10lbs6oz so great growing. still cries a lot, still not great sleep but is getting better. i can rely on 5 hours total a night now, minimum. He sleeps on his belly in the cosleeper with a soothie binky. I put him down drowsy for naps and bed w/ the binky and he's doing great. we CD during the day but use a seventh generation diaper at night.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#43 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 10:15 AM

Checking in, finally! Moving with a 4 week old is certainly limiting.

Anyway, things are going pretty well here. DD had a meltdown last night, nothing I did seemed to soothe her. DH had been away all day at school, and just carried on painting the trim in our house while DD (and eventually me) cried. I felt like I just needed 10 minutes to regroup, and he thought getting the house taken care of was more important. I know he doesn't actually believe that, but I was feeling a bit overwhelmed at the time.

Most days, when it's just me and DD, she is wonderful during the day! Evenings are her rough time for some reason. Although after last night's meltdown, she only woke up once during the night! All that sleep felt wonderful.

She's also in the process of finding her thumb. So cute! Mostly she just sucks on her fist or the side of her thumb, but occasionally it'll sneak in there. I'm really hoping this will help her self soothe, I know she was going for it when she was crying last night.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#44 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post
We're having the same fussiness over here Renee. I was actually somewhat relieved to read your post and see that our babies were only born two days apart. I guess it's just time for a growth spurt? My usually never cries at all baby has definitely gone MIA this week lol. I have him in my moby right now and he seems really content. He's been sleeping on and off for about 2 hours now which is the longest he's napped all week I think. Usually if I walk him around bouncing him he stops crying but my arms start hurting after a while because he's such a chunky monkey. I finally thought to get the moby out today and it's made it so much easier on my arms.
Yep I read that 6 weeks is one of the typical ages to get a growth spurt. I also read that it can last a few days or a week! Im hoping for both of us only a few days. Today seems better so far...

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#45 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 11:38 AM

To those of you who are not doing dairy... what do you eat?! We eat mostly whole foods around here, so there's not much I had to worry about in the pantry or freezer (other than frozen waffles and flour tortillas), but I'm still having a hard time! Especially with snacks and lunch stuff. I typically eat homemade burritos or quesadillas for lunch/snack, or string cheese or yogurt for snacks. There's nothing now for me to grab when I need a quick pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I'm having a hard time without my cheese...

Also, how do you eat out? We don't eat out a ton but we have family in town right now so we will be eating out a lot more this week than typical. I don't know where to go or what to get, and how to know if there is dairy hidden in any of the ingredients of what I order. Any tips?

. catherine . yourfireyoursoul.blogspot.com .
mommy to one hilarious little boy [09.2006] and one cuddly baby girl [05.2009]

#46 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 01:39 PM

For about 20 minutes I was so happy and proud: DS2 fell asleep on his own in his bassinet. Sadly, he woke up 20 minutes later. I had to nurse him and then carry him around in the sling for a while to get him back to sleep. Oh well, it's a start, right?
#47 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 03:35 PM

CD's - I'm CDing part time right now, that's about all I can manage in addition to the other laundry. I know that must be blasphemous coming from someone who sells cloth diapers but it is was it is. We mainly use pockets but I use sposies at night.

Sleep - DS is a nightmare right now. He wakes up in the middle of the night for several hours and walks around the house in the dark. And of course as soon as I get him back to bed Laine is waking up so I really don't get any sleep right now. Laine does pretty well sleeping through the night and will fall asleep on her own about 50% of the time, DS didn't do that until he was well past age one.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#48 of 62 Old 07-02-2009, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post
To those of you who are not doing dairy... what do you eat?! We eat mostly whole foods around here, so there's not much I had to worry about in the pantry or freezer (other than frozen waffles and flour tortillas), but I'm still having a hard time! Especially with snacks and lunch stuff. I typically eat homemade burritos or quesadillas for lunch/snack, or string cheese or yogurt for snacks. There's nothing now for me to grab when I need a quick pick-me-up in the middle of the day. I'm having a hard time without my cheese...

Also, how do you eat out? We don't eat out a ton but we have family in town right now so we will be eating out a lot more this week than typical. I don't know where to go or what to get, and how to know if there is dairy hidden in any of the ingredients of what I order. Any tips?
Snacks - fruit bars (kashi I believe) and fruit strips (target brand), bananas, apples, ocra, squash, onions, potatoes, peanuts, ritz crackers, saltines. Just look at the ingrediants realllllll close. And don't just go by the "this item contains: X, Y, and Z" you have to learn all the different words that are related to dairy and look at the ingrediant lists. I did find a sara lee bread that doesn't have milk - yeah!!

Meals - plain or slightly seasoned fish, chicken, beef and beans.

Eating Out - for the most part, fries and steak, tomato based dishes that don't include noodles. Those usually don't have milk in them. When in doubt - don't eat it. Also most resturants have nutrition and ingrediant info on their websites if its a big chain. HTH

#49 of 62 Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilina View Post

There is dairy hidden in everything! YOu could order a salad, but if there is meat on it that was grilled there is still the possibility that there is butter on it. Bread you never know if it has dairy-it is just so hard to know. I hardly eat out when I am following a special diet. The only safe place is Whole Foods salad bars-they list all the ingredients. Chinese food, or other asian food might be the safest.

For snacks: peanut butter on apples, or any kind of nut butter. You want to make sure you are replacing the fat from the dairy with another kind of fat or you will be starving! I use clarified butter (there is no casein in it) so when I have toast I use it. I also add it to whatever I am eating if there is no other source of fat in the meal. I eat burritos with out the cheese, you get used to it.

We create our own reality.
#50 of 62 Old 07-03-2009, 12:59 PM

Hello everyone! Feels good to check in and see how all the babies are doing. I find it so fun to read about the different stages, how different/similar babies are.

Sophia used to take a paci, but not anymore. I should offer it more. Sometimes she sucks on her fist, I should try to get her to suck on the thumb and see how she likes it.
I've been trying to post here for the past couple of days, but things have been quite crazy around here. Yesterday I almost had a breakdown.

Im starting to think that Sophia might be colicky or she just has a VERY hard time falling and staying asleep and ends up being overtired and goes crazy. She'll be 2 months on Wed and for the past 3 weeks she has cried so much. Anywhere from 4 to 8 hours a day!

She used to be really good, never cried unles she was hungry or wanted to be held and always fell asleep while nursing. Now it's so hard to get her to sleep. I need to walk her, bounce her, rock her. Go out for walks with her in the sling, but she'll wake up as soon as we walk in the door. She'll just cried for 3 hours straight, as I walk her, sing her, talk to her and it makes me feel like a bad mom. All I want to do is comfort her. I burp her, everything and you can tell she's in pain, because she squirms as she cries and pulls and extends her legs and throws herself back as I hold her. Sometimes she will cry until she falls asleep, and will wake up right away (anywhere from 5-20 min) and cried some more and fall asleep again.

I've discovered that getting her to fall asleep, laying her down in the bed with her and nursing her when she wakes up, sometimes work, but not always.

The last couple of days she has been awake, ALL DAY. Sleepin like an 1-2 hours tops and in different sessions. At night, when I finally get her to sleep (which usually happens around 10 or 11). She'll sleep from anywhere to 4-7 hours straight. If she wakes up and I nurse her, she'll go right back to sleep, but during the day it's crazy. Yesterday she woke up at 6am after sleeping really well at night. The first thing she does is to nurse, I change her diaper and then she just smiles and laughs for like 10 minutes. It's fun to see her wake up so happy and she seems to think my hair is funny, she'll stare at it and coo and smile for so long, if I put her hand in it, she goes crazy and doesnt let go of it lol
Then she got sleepy around 9:30. She started getting fuzzy, I walked her, rocked her. Got her to sleep like 3 times for like 5 minutes, then she started crying almost screaming, my shirt was wet from her tears. I tried everything, she just wouldnt sleep. I gave her a warm bath for like 30 minutes she relaxed and calmed right away, but after I took her out, she started crying again. It was like 1:30 and she hasnt slept since 6 and just would cry and cry. I ended up asking DP to tell my MIL to come over (she has been really nice lately).
She said her belly was hard as a rock, it was true, but I had been burping her in all ways possible for like 2 hours. She fell asleep a couple of times, kept waking up, burped later once and finally fell asleep at 2pm for half an hour only, my MIL got her to like the swing, she slept there. Then she was happy for most of the day, didnt sleep again, nursed fine, burped fine. At like 7:15 she started crying again for almost 2 hours. I walked her, bounce her, nursed her, everything until she fell asleep at 9, woke up like 20 minutes later, I nursed her and she fell asleep at 10. Slept through the night, woke up at 4 to nurse, fell right back to sleep, woke up at 7 to nurse, fell asleep and dss wokes us all up at 8 something.

She got sleepy around 9:45, it took me until 11:30 to get her to fall asleep. She fell asleep once, woke right up after 5 minutes. Cried, but not as bad, fell asleep on my arms and I transfer her to the swing, she's now there sleeping.

Im so tired, I feel like Im neglecting dss, when he's here during the day, because she cries so much and I just focus on calming her. I explain to him, that she doesnt feel good and that when she falls asleep I'll be with him, but after 2-4 hours of trying to get her to sleep, I just want to sit down and relax. On top of that, my back and knees have been hurting really badly, so it's frustrating when Im walking her and bouncing her for so long and she doesnt fall asleep. Not with her, but with myself.
I almost cried yesterday when my MIL came here. Next week Im taking her to the doctor, so hopefully, he'll have some advice for me.
#51 of 62 Old 07-03-2009, 01:02 PM

I've been slowly modifying my diet to.

No spicy food, which used to be all I ate. No beans anymore (Im a vegetarian so that's a big deal). Im gonna eleminate dairy for 2 weeks and see if that helps.

I saw a chart of possible things that could affect her. It's basically all I eat, so Im trying to figure out a new diet for me.
#52 of 62 Old 07-03-2009, 02:04 PM

DS appears to have difficulties when I drink stuff with artificial sweetners and/or colours. He'll scream for hours.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#53 of 62 Old 07-03-2009, 11:46 PM

some kids can be allergic to the dyes used in sodas, not sure how that translates to bm, but I knew a girl in grade school that could only drink sprite cause of it.

I got my answer, she is definately allergic to dairy. Been doing great for a while now, no excessive screaming, then reintroduced dairy yesterday - I ate chick-fil-a, BTW they have dairy in pretty much everything on their menu. I didn't want to straight out drink milk, I thought I'd just start w/ something I knew had milk in it. She screamed all afternoon and night. My pp visit was horrible, the nurses kept asking why she was screaming. Finally called my mom after the 3 1/2 hour stint after I got home and begged her to come over cause I just could not take any more screaming - It worked, the moment I got off the phone she went to sleep! So that's my plan for now on, when she starts screaming - call in reinforcements so she'll fall asleep.

#54 of 62 Old 07-04-2009, 09:36 AM

Hi Everybody! I disappeared into NICU land when my daughter was born at 34 weeks. Nice to see how you all are doing. I too miss my midwife, and it seems like such a shame not be able to see her regularly anymore!

My precious baby is finally 6 lbs...came home a little while ago, and she is doing well. Between the paci, bottle, nipple shield, and me, breastfeeding was a horror for a few weeks, but once she got bigger and stronger the nipple confusion was no longer an issue. Thank your lucky stars if you have a healthy baby and a beautiful birth, ladies...an emergency c-section and a sick preemie was really the most horrible thing I ever hope to have to go through. Every sneeze, cough, or slightly warm forehead sends us into hours of worry about whether she's sick again.

The weather's been awful here on the East Coast - cold and rainy. Wish you all a happy 4th!!
#55 of 62 Old 07-04-2009, 03:17 PM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC : &
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :

Just saving my siggy before it gets deleted w/the update. Anyone know if there is a VBAC ribbon?

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
#56 of 62 Old 07-05-2009, 12:05 AM

AppleCrisp - I'm glad you are all home and doing good. I definately understand the nursing problems, my NICU baby never did nurse properly so I pumped for 11 months and it is definately no fun. Congrats on getting the hang of it! I looked at a couple of your other posts, is she on an apnea monitor at home? If not the angelcare monitor really gave me peace of mind w/ DD1 after she got off the medical apnea monitor at 4 months. In fact we kept her on it till she was about 2 years

I think I'm more paranoid this time w/ Anna's enlarged kidney, I'm constantly checking her temp and worried every time she sleeps too long, cries too much, vomits.... well you get the point, pretty much every minute of every day... Since she won't sleep in the crib the angelcare monitor is useless, just like it was w/ DD2... Having kids is just so much fun isn't it? I'm beginning to consider telling DH to go ahead and get fixed, I'm not sure I can handle this again, too much worrying involved. Its easier when they get big enough to tell you they don't feel good.

Not a bad idea SunCB, that way little hands don't delete it, which tends to happen with any word doc on my comp. I have to back everything up online or poof!
: attached to DH 10/03, DD1 8/06, DD2 12/07 : , DD3 5/15/09 :, 3 :, 3 :, 1 hen, 17 chicks and a sulcata.

Hope everyone had a safe and fun 4th of July! Hope all fingers are still attached

#57 of 62 Old 07-05-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie Lake View Post
Me too! Me too!

We're still pinky nursing around here (mom and dad's pinky's), and desperately trying to get baby to take a paci, but would prefer thumb. She'll get her fist first-finger-first in her mouth sometimes, which would also be acceptable, but still no real luck with any.

She will take the paci for my dh for like 1 minute at a time. We're not giving up. But, I would die for the freedom of a thumb sucker!

Sadie
Any progress on this? We are in the exact same situation and I would really really like him to find his thumb (and be able to keep it in his mouth when he does find it). I know people whose babies found their thumb in the first week. They are sooo lucky!

Roman Goddess, mom to J (August 2004) and J (April 2009).    h20homebirth.gif signcirc1.gif
#58 of 62 Old 07-05-2009, 10:09 AM

Just a quick hello to everyone, hope you are all doing well. We're getting set up in our new house, which we wound up completely remodeling. Olivia has become really attached to me, doesn't like to be put down, I think just because we've been displaced recently. They are still working on the house, carpets come Wednesday. She's done great with the move, though! I'm more of a lurker because of this though, hard to type with a baby in one arm all the time... and no couch to sit on to balance things. I'm at the kitchen counter at the moment!

And, my 5 week old baby gained well over 2lbs in her first month! Born at 7lbs 9.5ounces, she is now up to 10lbs 4ounces! I couldn't believe it. And she's not a chunky baby, it's just funny. I knew either my arms were getting weaker, or she was getting heavy quickly.

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#59 of 62 Old 07-05-2009, 12:39 PM

Yes! I've had luck! Not with the thumb though, unfortunately. She'll suck it if I get it in her mouth but as soon as I let go of her hand she pulls it out.

But, she's taking a paci pretty well. Now dh and I are finding that she has given up on our pinkies, which is ok. We had to buy 3-4 different kinds of pacis before we found one that she would use. It was worth it though!

I just hope she continues to use it.

Sadie
#60 of 62 Old 07-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Work went okay. Baby did well. Thankfully I got some support on the breastfeeding board about it and how to prepare, etc.

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page