Chat thread June 29 - July 6 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-06-2009, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome back Applecrisp! Glad to know she's now home.

Auraji: No specific advice. But hang on, it will get better...

For my part, went camping this week-end. It was great! DD1 had a blast. DD2 was a breeze. I had brought carriers, the pram and the swing. People on the campground kept commenting how brave we were to camp with a 5 weeks old, but really the 5 weeks old was much easier to deal with that the 2.5yo! It was quite buggy, but somehow the girls do not seem to have gotten bitten very much.

I also brought WAY too many diapers for DD2!!! We came back with a full containers. I should have brought a couple more for DD1 though... I had counted 3 nights so three toddler prefolds was all I needed for her, but this count doesn't work when the toddler gets diarrhea . She told us she had to go poop in the middle of the night, but all we had left after was the wet prefold we had just taken off. So I stuffed a infant prefold in undies with her soaker on top to finish the night. It did not look very comfortable.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2009, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Asher: Glad you made it through work ok!

Welcome back Apple Crisp!

Oceanseve sucks that it is definitely dairy but at least you have a culprit.

Auraji Iam having the same problem here with dairy.

I am pretty sure that Samara has reflux. I was perusing the breast feeding challenges board and whenever the mother described how she has been, their babies turned out to have reflux.

She doesn't just fussy nurse, she will nurse for a few minutes and then pull off and SCREAM. and then mouth back onto the breast like she really wants it but then pull off and cry some more. THis goes on and on. If I am persistent, I can get her to take a full feeding but it takes a long time and lots of crying. It is better at night but the daytime is usually the worst.

She has started spitting up a LOT and often. She hiccups all the time. Her breath always smells like sour milk, and she often sounds like she is choking on something if I lay her on her back. She will have liquidy sounding burps where nothing comes up but it sounds like it should have. She also has that mucusy sounding congestion in her throat.

I read that milk proteins aggravate reflux and I eat quite a lot of dairy products so Im cutting that out. Sigh... for 3 weeks to see what happens. She doesn't seem in pain when she spits up so thats what kept me from the reflux diagnosis.

I guess I better learn how to cook meat. I was raised veggie and I don't know how to cook meat so unless its lunch meat I don't make it at home. And I live on cheese. Now that is out of the question. Today is my first dairy free day. I hope it improves things.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)

User Tag List