Forum Jump: 

#1 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
New one

Hello everyone!

How are you and your babies doing?

Things are much much much better around here. Kdtmom2be reccomended gripe water for Sophia. I've only used it once a couple of nights ago and it worked wonderfully. She hasnt cried like that ever since.

The only things I've cut out from my diet are beans and onions. She's been doing great. I'll try reintroducing beans and onions, one at a time and see what happens, maybe I can have them sparingly.

She's still difficult to get to sleep and stay asleep, but today I discovered my first mom trick. If you put her in her swing when she's sleepy, facing a mirror, she'll fall asleep in no time!

I'm so happy that she actually fell asleep without me holding her and stayed asleep. The only times she has fallen asleep on her own (like 4) she wakes right up.

Dss now LOVES Sophia, he always wants to "help" me give her baths. He mostly just plays with this tiny whale sprinkler. He gets so happy when she smiles at him and talks to her, gives her kisses. The other day I got really scared though, she was in the bed and he was talking to her very peacefully and I was in the bathroom washing my hands, I could see them from the mirror and in no time he jumped in the bed right next to her. I got so scared and yelled at him, he got sad. I told him that I wasnt mad at him, that Im sorry I yelled, but that he needs to be very careful because babies can "break" very easily and that I dont want him to get hurt either, so please no jumping in the bed. He got into his "I want my mommy, I wanna go home". He always does that whenever he feels bad about something he did. It makes me sad, I try to explain to him that Im not mad and that I still love him and that will never change. I guess it's something he'll grow out off.
#2 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 12:39 PM

Oh sorry! for some reason I thought you said dairy. I probably just have dairy on the brain!

how did you narrow it down to beans and onions? This food sensitivity stuff is so tricky!

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#3 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 02:16 PM

We're doing well here. DD is still a dream baby, if she's not sleeping she's nursing or is content to just look around and coo. She always has great big smiles to give. During my pregnancy I begged for a baby who would be easier on me than DS and so far my wish has been granted. I never thought it possible to just be able to hold a baby and have them fall asleep without all the rocking and bouncing and pacing and shushing for hours on end. She still has eczema and I'm thinking I've pinpointed eggs as the culprit. My diet is already very basic but she had a pretty bad outbreak when I made quiche, and since I don't eat dairy I'm thinking it must have been the eggs because I doubt ham or zucchini would have done it.

My DS has been good with Laine so far. He has a tendency to wake her up during naps so I keep her in the bedroom while he's out with me. I did catch him during one nap going in to the bedroom and telling her to wake up so he could show her his truck

DH called last night and was able to talk to DS and loved hearing Laine cooing in the background. He's coming home for two weeks in early September and is really excited to see DS and meet Laine for the first time. It looks like he should be able to call me for about an hour every week so that will be nice, no personal internet yet but he can email me at work.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#4 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 03:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Oh sorry! for some reason I thought you said dairy. I probably just have dairy on the brain!

how did you narrow it down to beans and onions? This food sensitivity stuff is so tricky!
Dont be sorry, I did said I was thinking of eliminating dairy, but there was no need :

I just eliminated beans and onions (broccoli and cauliflower too, forgot to mention those) because she seemed to have a problem with gas. So far, so good. I'll try having them here and there and seeing what happens.
#5 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 03:10 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
We're doing well here. DD is still a dream baby, if she's not sleeping she's nursing or is content to just look around and coo. She always has great big smiles to give. During my pregnancy I begged for a baby who would be easier on me than DS and so far my wish has been granted. I never thought it possible to just be able to hold a baby and have them fall asleep without all the rocking and bouncing and pacing and shushing for hours on end.

DH called last night and was able to talk to DS and loved hearing Laine cooing in the background. He's coming home for two weeks in early September and is really excited to see DS and meet Laine for the first time. It looks like he should be able to call me for about an hour every week so that will be nice, no personal internet yet but he can email me at work.
It's good that she's being such a dream baby, specially with your DH being far away.

Make sure to take a picture of when DH and Laine first meet
#6 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
It's good that she's being such a dream baby, specially with your DH being far away.

Make sure to take a picture of when DH and Laine first meet
It will probably be one of the happiest days of my life, so everyone should expect LOTS of pictures

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#7 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 PM

Glad things are going better for you Auraji.

We are doing well too and understanding more and more how easy DD2 can be! We started just putting her to bed with a soother and big surprise: it works!!! I guess we are so used to hold DD1 or lay down with her that just putting #2 to bed is not something natural for us. But hey, it works! I still feel like she is being shortchanged for being such an easy baby.

She still sleeps 8 hours at night... and as a result it looks like my period just came back. I could have lived without that.

I am keeping on with EA active on the Wii and it already makes a difference. My body is coming back to a more normal state. I can feel that my belly it less saggy and there is muscle starting to come back under the softness!

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#8 of 76 Old 07-09-2009, 07:33 PM

We've been so busy. Adelaide had her first camping trip this week, and we are going to teh cottage again next week.

My dear friend's wedding partyw as last Saturday,a nd everyone loved her.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#9 of 76 Old 07-10-2009, 12:07 AM

Jacob sleeps 5-8 hours at night as well. I think I ovulated today : I could do witout AF coming back this soon too. It sure is nice to have at least one kid that sleeps at night though. DD finally slept from 1am-9am today, probably one of the longest stretches of sleep ever in her 2 years.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#10 of 76 Old 07-10-2009, 12:56 AM

Just wanted to say hi! We should be getting some answers soon on if DD2 really has a dairy allergy. The ped is having some stool sample tested for certain white cells that are in feces when they have food allergies.. I never knew such a thing existed. Other than that we are just trudging (that's a word isn't it) along here.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#11 of 76 Old 07-10-2009, 12:12 PM

Just checking in and saying hello here too! We're doing well. We've entered a bit of a fussy period, though I understand that happens at this age (5 weeks). We've also recently finished moving... and not just any move, we gutted and remodeled the house! Taking that on with a month old baby... well it's not something I'd like to do again. Luckily DH has experience as a painter and is very handy, but it left me to tend to the baby all the time with little help from him. I know lots of moms do this, but I did feel a little overwhelmed.

We talked it out, and actually dtd yesterday. Was a bit uncomfortable, mostly because I am so not used to the way I look, and I feel like I don't have enough time to shave my legs and make my hair look nice.

I just ordered some of the gripe water, Olivia is far from difficult, but it seems like she has her days. Especially recently, we've had two days where it seemed like nothing I did was working, she was upset all day.

Sleeping - she grunts all night unless she's snuggled into me. DH feels like this is a dangerous way to sleep, though I am extremely aware of her. She used to sleep swaddled up between us, with my arm around her. Now it's like she must use my boob as a pillow. Anyone else run into this?

~Erin~ totally in with Olivia! 5/31/09
#12 of 76 Old 07-10-2009, 12:27 PM

Erin - Its just Laine and I in a king bed so normally we start the night with her on her half of the bed and me on mine. Then once she has her middle of the night nursing session she's normally curled up against me. You are right in that you're hyper-aware when co-sleeping with your child. Smothering is very unlikely unless a person is engaging in unsafe co-sleeping, like taking drugs or drinking or sleeping with really heavy blankets and pillows. I assume you're being safe so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

#13 of 76 Old 07-10-2009, 02:33 PM

nak
The weeks are just flying by it seems! Julian is such a delightful baby. He has fussy times but mostly just wants to be close to us and be mellow. He smiles a lot and is learning new facial expressions and sounds almost daily. DH and I are still grasping the reality that we are parents, but loving it all the same.

He loves sleeping with my breast as a pillow too... he was doing that this morning and it was so cute!

I'm trying out elimination communication with him now, though I wish I had started from the get-go when he obviously preferred "going" outside of his diaper; I feel like he had a head start right away, but I was learning so many other things. Oh well!

Sleep is going well because he sleeps with us; I barely have to wake up most nights and neither does he. I can't imagine having him sleep alone so young; we're designed to stay close to our babies and vice versa (just my opinion!). Sure, you have to be careful, but that's true for crib sleeping too.

We have to start making decisions about vaccines soon; guess I need to spend some quality time with Dr. Sears. We're planning a delayed/selective schedule, but it's not easy to decide how best to do it. I'm nervous about his first shots.

Ah, life with an infant! Where did I put that owner's manual, anyway?!

Stay-at-home mama married to my best friend of 10+ years. lovestory.gif  Aspiring midwife loving parenting our beautiful babyf.gif Julian, born 5/24/09. Expecting a second bean in late July 2012!joy.gif
  h20homebirth.giffemalesling.GIF  intactlact.gif  namaste.gif

#14 of 76 Old 07-11-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

Sophia loves to use the boob as a pillow too. It's funny, you see her rest there after a feeding as she coos and smiles and drifts of to sleep.

I used to be scared of sleeping with her on the bed, not because of me, but because DP is such a deep sleeper, but Im extremely aware of everything going on in the bed and most of the time, she just sleeps next to me. She doesnt sleep the whole night with us, our routine is that I nurse her to sleep in the bed, she usually falls asleep around 9-10. I stay up a little bit with DP until maybe 12-1, when Im not so tired. When I come to bed, I put her in her crib. She sleeps and wakes up around 4-5 to feed. At that time I get her, feed her and we both fall asleep in the bed. I sometimes fail to transfer her from the bed to the crib without waking her, so I just let her sleep the whole night with us.

She has been amazing lately. Again, I only used the gripe water once and if she's cried 2 hours since then, it would be a way lot. She has been getting to sleep and staying asleep much better and just overall happy, which makes me happy and I've actually had energy to do things around the house, with DP and dss

One question, has anyone else experienced a low sex drive? I've always been a very sexual person and now I just dont think about sex, dont want to have sex, nothing. DP and I have only DTD once, and he has been hearing a lot of Im tired, Im not in the mood, which is super weird for me and sometimes Im not even that tired. Should I just give myself time?
#15 of 76 Old 07-11-2009, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauerweidchen View Post
\

We have to start making decisions about vaccines soon; guess I need to spend some quality time with Dr. Sears. We're planning a delayed/selective schedule, but it's not easy to decide how best to do it. I'm nervous about his first shots.
Me too. Im not sure what to do. I havent discussed it with DP yet, Im sure he'll probably want to do it as we're "supposed" to do it. Im not sure where I stand, so Im delaying it until I make up my mind. Might end up being delayed until forever
#16 of 76 Old 07-12-2009, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraji View Post
Me too. Im not sure what to do. I havent discussed it with DP yet, Im sure he'll probably want to do it as we're "supposed" to do it. Im not sure where I stand, so Im delaying it until I make up my mind. Might end up being delayed until forever
We started out as being delayed/selective, when DS's two month visit came around we decided to hold off. The more research I did the more I just didn't feel comfortable with it, so we're non-vaxers for the time being. I'll re-evaluate as time goes on and decide if there are any I feel he should have. Its totally fine to hold off until you feel better informed, a lot of the research says to hold off completely until age 2 anyway.

#17 of 76 Old 07-12-2009, 02:50 PM

2 months seems to be the turning point for us. This past week O slept a 4 hour stretch almost every night and last night he completely slept through, thank goodness! I feel like a whole new person. He's also just happier in general although still screaming for most of the evening. He smiles and "talks" all the time, is rolling up on his side and kicking his little legs in the tub. He has his 2 month visit tomorrow at the Dr. but we weigh him on my mom's baby scale and today he was 11lbs8oz so I'd say a 5lb gain in 2 months is not too shabby.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
#18 of 76 Old 07-12-2009, 07:41 PM

I haven't had much to report lately..... but after a really fussy day today and a bout of intense screaming I just discovered that Griffin has cut his first TOOTH! OMG! At 11 weeks old! Its not the standard middle bottom ones either its on the side. I'm so in for it as far as nursing goes......

That would eplain the drool and green poop and the frantic fist gnawing.

We were at a party last night and he just started howling out of the blue and I looked in his mouth and thought he had scratched himself with his nail because his mouth was bleeding right in the spot! I guess it was the tooth!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#19 of 76 Old 07-12-2009, 08:27 PM

Maggie is doing great and she is seriously the best little thing in the world. One of my good friends delivered her baby on Thursday at just 20 weeks. It's been really sad. I think he lived for a bit....but it was just too early.

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#20 of 76 Old 07-12-2009, 11:43 PM

jeli - my heart goes out to your friend.

lotus - No way. I do not look forward to teething my kids start teething 2-4 months but nothing breaks till 9-12 months.

Amy - Anna slept for 6 1/2 hours the other night. I just wish my boobs hadn't hurt so bad that I couldn't sleep the last 2 hours of it

dirty pillows - (sorry I'm a austin powers fan) - Anna falls asleep on my boobs, but after sweating for a while she starts lifting her head up and down trying to find a dry spot, so I have to move her. Poor kiddo got her daddy's sweat glands.

Vax - I don't vax and I tell you what DD1 has been the healthist child I've ever met *knock on wood* DD2 is at a disadvantage because of her allergy, but is never actually sick *knock on wood* The last time (and only time for DD2) we were sick was at disney world in october and the girls kicked it much faster than me or DH.

I ordered some AIOs today! I'm so excited! DH hated the prefolds and covers w/ DD2 so I told him I'd get AIOs this time around. I'm late getting them, but so excited!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#21 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 09:28 AM

ugh. lil G got his big brothers cold last night. He is all fidgety and snuffly and miserable. I'm reaaaally bummed about it. I guess with a big brother injecting germs right into his face......I can't expect him to be as healthy as ds1 was when he was an infant.

I have guests coming in this tues and ds1's birthday party wed. So I can't get sick too!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#22 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 02:29 PM

I am a happy woman this morning!

I splurged on a German woven wrap (a storch) and it arrived today. : I don't think I will be using my stretchy wrap much anymore.

It is so comfortable already even if I have some learning to do on tying it better. But although I could do a nursing craddle carry with the stretchy wrap it wasn't nearly as comfortable and secure.

This morning I made pancakes for DD1, while DD2 was nursing in the wrap. It was truly handsfree. It is so comfortable she is now asleep and I don't really feel a need to put her down, aside that I should because I have to get dressed. I think this is gonna be my last carrier ::. ..unless I get more of those wraps!

DD2 did not have a great night, which is very rare... I think she is in a growth spurt.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#23 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Jacob sleeps 5-8 hours at night as well. I think I ovulated today : I could do witout AF coming back this soon too. It sure is nice to have at least one kid that sleeps at night though. DD finally slept from 1am-9am today, probably one of the longest stretches of sleep ever in her 2 years.
I got my period already! I was definitely not looking forward to that
#24 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
Penny normally sleep straight from 9pm to 5am. Last night was the exception. She woke up at 2am for some reason. She has been feeding like crazy during daytime too so I am wondering if it is a growth spurt or if my period has affected my supply temporarily. Only time will tell. (and if it was indeed my period)

#25 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM

Vax: we did "normal" vax schedule for dd1, mostly, just delayed a couple months and skipped the chicken pox. She is also never sick which I attributed to good genes and nursing.

Not too sure yet for dd2. But I am not ready to get her started at 2 months. Will wait a little more.

#26 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 PM

We finally got our answer DD2 is lactose intolerant!!!!! Which means it's a pretty safe bet DD3 is too! We're still waiting on the other fecal tests to come back, two for parasites, one for bacteria, and another for more allergy related white cells. We're beginning to think Milk isn't her only allergy, but going through the long process of elimination will be so much easier knowing now that we were right about milk!!!

#27 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 04:41 PM

At least you know now. Much nicer than guessing.

#28 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 05:27 PM - Thread Starter

I just took a bath with Sophia

I didnt want to come out, this might become a daily ritual.
#29 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Ha, I just noticed there was a new thread. Was wondering why the old one had been so quiet lately!

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#30 of 76 Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM

it took me a few days too

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page