Chat Thread July 19-25 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
thought we'd start a new one even tho we are talking less and less can't imagine why?

CanBoo - I'm sorry about your cat. We had to explain to DD1 a few months ago that our cat ate one of our favorite chickens.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#2 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 09:47 PM

CanBoo.

I am suffering from what I believe to be a plugged duct. Yesterday I wore a tight fitting sports bra to exercise and i sat around in it afterwards. Today I have a sore lump on the side of my breast. i am trying to heat it, nurse a lot and express. I don't want it to turn into mastitis.

We had guests in town last week so our routine was wacked for the 3 yr old. He is just now getting back on a sleep schedule. I am sooo exhausted! And nauseous. In fact ordered a couple pregnancy tests online. I'm not thinking I am but I have some suspicious symptoms.

Griffin is amazing! He just lights me up daily. Such a happy lil guy!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#3 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 09:49 PM

Just jumping in early this time. So tired. Wish this little guy would nurse.

ETA: Sorry about your kitten, CanBoo. We think (from a comment on FB, can't get ahold of them) that our friends lost their dog to a hit and run. It's so so hard to lose any member of our family.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#4 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 10:04 PM - Thread Starter

lotus - sorry about the clogged duct. I hope the heat helps!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who is feeling wierd. I've had heartburn, my teeth hurt, REALLLLLY bad gas, and migraines (tho migraines is also something I've dealt w/ pp too,but usually it starts w/i a week).... some of my big preg symptoms. I was thinking of buying some tests too, but I'm still losing weight like mad, so I decided to wait. Anna drained me yesterday and today, I'm hoping its a growth spurt and not decreased production.... I think I will have a meltdown if I turn out to be pg again......

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#5 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 10:12 PM

No one has to answer if they don't want to but...
Am I the only one who hasn't DTD yet?
And I'm sorry to hear about the duct, lotus. I hope it's better soon. Plugged ducts suck.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#6 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacquelineR View Post
No one has to answer if they don't want to but...
Am I the only one who hasn't DTD yet?
And I'm sorry to hear about the duct, lotus. I hope it's better soon. Plugged ducts suck.
Obviously I haven't DTD yet, so that answers it for you I've got another month and a half, I'm feeling quite virginal.

My IL's are heading out tomorrow, they've been here since Friday. Liam had a lot of fun with them and they were a big help around here, I definitely needed it.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#7 of 67 Old 07-19-2009, 11:43 PM - Thread Starter

Katie - I have the "like a virgin" scene from moulin rouge running through my head now - thanks I needed that

#8 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
Obviously I haven't DTD yet, so that answers it for you I've got another month and a half, I'm feeling quite virginal.

My IL's are heading out tomorrow, they've been here since Friday. Liam had a lot of fun with them and they were a big help around here, I definitely needed it.
Duh. How brainless of me.
I'm glad the IL's visit went so well.

#9 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 05:33 AM

I basically disappeared the last few weeks. Its been tough. Are there any single mamas here? I admire you for your fortitude.

I haven't been entirely single the last 5 weeks, but mostly. My husband is doing field work at a marine lab for his PhD. He's been gone 5 days then 10 days then 7 days and now another 8 days. He's visited us three times for a couple of days at a time. And Chunka goes wild when he's here and then stays wild for a couple of days after. Chunka has been my main challenge: entertaining him during the day, and getting him to sleep at night.

Beauty is simple, and easy. She's smiling frequently and really likes to be sitting up and looking around these days. Tonight I discovered she responds to "peek a boo" and another game I call "Hello World." The other night she surprised herself by rolling over from back to stomach.

I have to say I'd be bored out of my mind if it were just me and her so I'm glad that Chunka is around to keep the days busy and fun. I love him...but he's a handful right now. I am really looking forward to getting daddy in the evenings.

The most recent challenge for me: a torqued pelvis and out of joint hip with severe muscle pain. I'm not exaggerating when I say it has been more painful than Beauty's birth. Towards the end of labor with her, it felt like my hips were separating and I felt my thigh bones getting pulled on; then I didn't call it pain just sensation. This is pain. This is much worse. The magnitude is worse. Its unrelenting. A couple of days ago I couldn't walk. I saw the chiropractor which is leading to improvements but I still feel like the muscles are trying to pull the bones back into their out of whack position. I think I may have to go back for another adjustment. I was just thinking to myself today: what would an allopathic doctor tell me if I went in with this complaint? Drug it, ice it? I can't imagine not going to a chiropractor!

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#10 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 11:20 AM

So here's one of those things no one warns you about: just how explosively a baby can poop! I was letting DD air out yesterday when she decided to produce. So glad DH was home ... we cleaned poop not only off the changing pad and table, but the diaper pail, the wall, the carpet ... and on the changing table, even off something that was facing away from her ... maybe it managed to rebound off the edge of the table? I had eaten spicy food the night before--I wonder if that can give her diarrhea??
#11 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 01:37 PM

Oh, and I must say, I can't even imagine the concept of being pregnant again. Funny how after all that time hoping for two lines on the test, I would now desperately be hoping for just one!
#12 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 03:00 PM

The cat might make it... : Thank you for your support.

As I said, he is my favorite. This big guy is now 13 and has already used too many of his 9 lives when he was hit by a truck when he was 2 or 3. He has no back knee left, his hip is all messed up; after crawling for a few weeks, he re-learned to walk and he has been happily living like that since. But he is a trooper and has been amazing everybody ever since for his strength and calm. He is our gentle giant. After all he has been through he just deserved to be pampered for his last few years. Not going through another major injury.

When I talked to the vet this morning, he said his temperature has finally climbed back to normal during the night and he has done a couple steps (backwards, but hey, it is better than not moving). However, the vet would still have expected him to get better faster, even at his age. Running more blood tests today to find indications of potential internal injuries that have not been spotted yet.

The dog owner is supposed to take the bill (her dog escaped and came into our fenced yard to attack the cat). But I'll believe it when I have her cheque in hand.

DTD a few times now , first time was awkward. Then it just got awesome, when my cycle started again, except for once last week where I could all of a sudden feel the tissues where I tore. It was just pulling. Took a break and now that DH knows the exact spot to be gentle, it was fine when we tried again.

Week-end was not good for me, in addition to the cat story and a couple issues to solve with DH, my Mom had a car accident. She is fine, but it worries one of my brothers and I a lot. It is the second time in two years that she has a major crash. And in this one she was obviously at fault. And could have killed the motorcyclist she cut while pulling a left turn on a busy highway. How long until we get her off the road? How is one supposed to do that to her mother? You need a car to go anywhere from her house. One thing is for sure, my brother and I will seriously disagree and speak up if she tries to buy another big car. She might feel safe in it, but she doesn't see anything! It is a really difficult family dynamic, especially since I am at the other end of the country.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#13 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM

My IL's left today, my brother will be heading into town on Thursday and staying until Saturday. DS doesn't do well with goodbye's and has been my FIL's shadow the entire time they were here, hopefully this doesn't throw him off too much.

Laine is still super long and skinny. She's heading into 3-6 month stuff but only for length, she doesn't fill any of it out. At her last weigh-in she was around 11 1/2 pounds, she's probably around 12 now. It seems like as soon as her belly is catching up to her she grows longer again.

CanBoo - : for your kitty.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#14 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quate View Post
So here's one of those things no one warns you about: just how explosively a baby can poop! I was letting DD air out yesterday when she decided to produce. So glad DH was home ... we cleaned poop not only off the changing pad and table, but the diaper pail, the wall, the carpet ... and on the changing table, even off something that was facing away from her ... maybe it managed to rebound off the edge of the table? I had eaten spicy food the night before--I wonder if that can give her diarrhea??
SOunds pretty normal to me! I've missed the sink a couple time with pottying the girls and got the faucet and mirror. Those liquidy poop come out with quite a bit of power behind.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#15 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 04:29 PM - Thread Starter

nak (you know I justfigured this abbreviation out this week, I've been on here how long and I just figured it out... yeah I'm smart)

CanBoo - when we took thekeys from my gma she pitched aroyal fit and insisted sahe hatedusall but wuth time she gotover it kept complaining abut it, but she didn't throw us out oranything. We toldher it wasdr's orders - total lie but atleasther anger was then focused on someone else.

quate - once w/ DD1 I was changing her in my lap in thedriver's seat after shopping - perfecttiming as soon as I took the diaper off it went all over the passenger door, window, in the junk space between the seats - horrible, fortunately all I could do is laugh.

It has been a bad weekend here and it has spilled over to today. Anna has screamed majority of the weekend as well as today. As has DD2. DD1 mauled DD2 yesterday, scratched her all over. Which is new, pretending to scratch is the worst she's done before but she drew blood bad in 4-5 different places including her face. She's not done it again today but I think I'll lose it if she does it again. We are starting our first day allergen free, no gluten, wheat, eggs, oats, corn, yeast, soy or milk...... I'm alreadycranky..... and we are probably going to have to eat like this for a few weeks........... I don't know what I'm going to do if its a wheat allergy......... I'm not sure I can eat like this w/o losing a LOT of weight cause I really don't want to eat it......

#16 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 07:00 PM

Glad to read everyones updates. Yikes on the mauling Oceanseve. Katie JD thats exactly how Samara is. wearing 3-6 mos but not filling it out. Of course Im sure the cloth diapers help on that score!

Life has been much smoother here ever since I figured out two things: one, Samara has to go to bed early. Now like magic the inconsolable evening screaming is gone. yay!
And two: I have to put her down to to sleep drowsy but awake. If I put her down sleeping even in deep sleep, she wakes up and wont' go back to sleep. If I lay down with her she stays awake for hours and sometimes wakes up. If I hold her she will fall asleep but wake up 20 minutes later. But, If I swaddle her, feed her, and put her down when her eyes start to close she is out like a light and STAYS ASLEEP! She is so different from dd1 that I never would have tried that if I hadn't read the No Cry Sleep solution where she suggests putting them down drowsy but awake.

So for now, naps and nighttime are going good. (knock on wood)

We are seeing lots more smiles and happy time when she is awake and it is wonderful.

Im excited to see her grow more yet sad to know that she won't ever be a tiny baby again. Don't you just love the conflicting emotions of motherhood?

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
#17 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
Katie JD thats exactly how Samara is. wearing 3-6 mos but not filling it out. Of course Im sure the cloth diapers help on that score!
Good luck. My 2 years old is still like that. 26 lbs and almost 36 inches. Super narrow shoulders and all legs. A nightmare to find pants for. We've had so many clothes bought by well meaning family members that just never fit... Baby clothes are like big people clothes, they don't all fit the same. GMas and aunties just don't get it and just buy stuff for the cuteness factor! You might want to try clothes from different stores/brands, might eventually find some that fit better than others.

#18 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
CanBoo - I'm sorry about your cat. We had to explain to DD1 a few months ago that our cat ate one of our favorite chickens.
That must have sucked too. Sorry about that and the mauling...

#19 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 10:34 PM - Thread Starter

Well my day did get better. My AIO's showed up AND DD2 had an almost solid poop!!!!! After nearly a month and a half of diarhea!!!! Now the Q is was it because we gave up all allergens today or did it just take that long for the milk and soy to get out of her system.... hmmmm......

Clothes - nothing fits my girls either, by the time the length is right on any pair of pants they are too small in the waist.

#20 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 10:50 PM - Thread Starter

I take that back DD2 just fell off the couch and bit through her lip, acctually theskin above her lip....

#21 of 67 Old 07-20-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
Good luck. My 2 years old is still like that. 26 lbs and almost 36 inches. Super narrow shoulders and all legs. A nightmare to find pants for. We've had so many clothes bought by well meaning family members that just never fit... Baby clothes are like big people clothes, they don't all fit the same. GMas and aunties just don't get it and just buy stuff for the cuteness factor! You might want to try clothes from different stores/brands, might eventually find some that fit better than others.
Liam has always been a huge kid so this is new territory for me. He's tall also but had doubled his birth weight by 7 weeks and Laine is way behind him. I'm actually really enjoying having a baby I can tote around, I'm hoping that she'll eventually grow into her height though for the sake of clothing.

#22 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 AM

OceansEve! I hope your dd's lip is ok!

ReadingRenee- thats really cool about your dd's sleep! I'm still figuring out how to put my ds2 down. Once he is down and out he stays asleep practicly all night but its getting there thats hard. Sometimes I rock him, sometimes I try to nurse him to sleep, and sometimes I put him down drowsy but I never know which combo will work.

I love the poo stories! I haven't had any crazy ones yet with this guy (knock on wood) but his poop did go from green frothy back to normal yellow baby poop. I now know it had to do with cutting a tooth!

I have such a chunky monkey here. I don't know what to do about clothing! My ds1 was a skinny boy and the clothes that ds2 is fitting into now were the ones from the fall for ds1 and its not seasonally correct, so I might have to do some shopping!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#23 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 01:32 PM

Still dealing with the cat ordeal. Although he seems better, (miaowing and escaped form his kennel last night :-) His blood test came back very bad last night. Looks like his kidneys are shutting down . Vet was trying last ditch effort last night by flushing them with a much heavier IV and stronger abx. If the blood tests don't improve after that, I just want to take him home and let him do what he has to do comfortably. STrated to explain to DD that Astro might not live much longer beacuse he is hurt a lot :-(

Will have morning news in an hour or so.

#24 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 02:10 PM

My baby boy is also cutting teeth already! NO!!!!! He's been super drooly all of a sudden this last week and yesterday I looked in when he was laughing at me (SO CUTE!) and noticed a white dot under the gums. DD got her first tooth at just a little over 4 months and his has a bit to go, so he may make it to three months before that tooth pops. It'll be really funny if it pops the day after my brother's wedding though, because DD's came through the day after DH's brother's wedding. Maybe the thought of impending weddings makes my kids cut teeth

Canboo: sorry to hear about your cat. Personally, if the neighbour doesn't pay for the vet bill, I'd be calling the SPCA about the incident (and depending on the dog, the neighbour and the circumstances, I might call anyways).
Are you going to the LLL meeting on Thurs? And please remember me if you are planning playdates!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#25 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
My baby boy is also cutting teeth already! NO!!!!! He's been super drooly all of a sudden this last week and yesterday I looked in when he was laughing at me (SO CUTE!) and noticed a white dot under the gums. DD got her first tooth at just a little over 4 months and his has a bit to go, so he may make it to three months before that tooth pops. It'll be really funny if it pops the day after my brother's wedding though, because DD's came through the day after DH's brother's wedding. Maybe the thought of impending weddings makes my kids cut teeth

Canboo: sorry to hear about your cat. Personally, if the neighbour doesn't pay for the vet bill, I'd be calling the SPCA about the incident (and depending on the dog, the neighbour and the circumstances, I might call anyways).
Are you going to the LLL meeting on Thurs? And please remember me if you are planning playdates!
Penny been scaring me for teeth too . Nothing to be seen/felt, but she is drooling like mad and gumming her wrist.

Not calling SPCA unless it goes really wrong with her. She was upset enough with her dog escaping and harming someone else's pet. He is no threat to anyone else. It is a little terrier who just did what he is wired to do: chase smaller creatures... He is normally in his fenced yard, but he managed to find a hole. According to my little patrol of neighborhood kids, it is not usual for him to escape either.

Playdates: We like to go to Rascals at Sungod. Maybe the waterpark too? dd1 is kinda scared though since she got hosed by a big kid at bear creek. (her dress got wet, it is a BIG deal with miss perfect)
Been to Annieville Rotary park? I love it it is in the shade. Also have a zoo membership. Want to join us for that one of those days?

Edit: We are actually heading to Annieville at the moment at toddler's request

#26 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 03:18 PM - Thread Starter

CanBoo - My Aunt had a dog some years ago that the first vet said kidneys shutting down they should put him down. I convinced her to go to another vet and with iv abx they were able to take him home and he lived for 3-4 more months but he was 15+ kairne terrier. Cats can live to around 20 so I think yours is still young enough to pull through and live for some time longer hopefully. I had a one legged dog that lived to be 16 and he was a big dog w/ lots of med problems. So there is always hope.

#27 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
CanBoo - My Aunt had a dog some years ago that the first vet said kidneys shutting down they should put him down. I convinced her to go to another vet and with iv abx they were able to take him home and he lived for 3-4 more months but he was 15+ kairne terrier. Cats can live to around 20 so I think yours is still young enough to pull through and live for some time longer hopefully. I had a one legged dog that lived to be 16 and he was a big dog w/ lots of med problems. So there is always hope.
Morning news: we keep going with the treatments. He is still fighting too much to put him down. Given his arthritis from the previous accident, he would have about 3-4 more years before the pain in his joint his really bad.

#28 of 67 Old 07-21-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
Playdates: We like to go to Rascals at Sungod. Maybe the waterpark too? dd1 is kinda scared though since she got hosed by a big kid at bear creek. (her dress got wet, it is a BIG deal with miss perfect)
Been to Annieville Rotary park? I love it it is in the shade. Also have a zoo membership. Want to join us for that one of those days?

Edit: We are actually heading to Annieville at the moment at toddler's request
All sound good to me, PM me next time. Today is DH's first day off and we're running errands and spending "family" time together. DD doesn't like the water park either, the water is too cold I guess? She LOVED the water slides at Bridal Falls though. So did DS, we went on Friday and I took him down the tiny slides with DD with DS in the wrap on my front. He squeaked the first two times, then went to sleep!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#29 of 67 Old 07-22-2009, 10:49 AM

I haven't read much of the thread...I'm at work so I need to limit my internet time .
I just wanted to get it off my chest that I had a bad morning with DD1. We are in the middle of trying to sell our house and there are several realtors coming to our it this morning. Everything that could go wrong, went wrong this morning. DD1 missed her nap yesterday and as most of you with toddlers know, sometimes when they are sleepy/hungry...they seem to turn into little people who are posessed by a deamon lol, and they are just not the sweet little snuggly things they normally are. This morning started out rough too and we were all rushing (which DD does not respond well to) and she was just being uncooperative to say the least. I lost my cool and I literally felt RAGE at her. I didn't spank her as that is something I avoid but I did drag her stark naked from her room to the living room quite roughly to get dressed because she kept running away from me. I know it scared her and that just broke my heart....I can't stop thinking about it today. I was just so mad- I invisioned really hurting her. Of course I wouldn't and that level of anger is not normal for me- but still, it bothers me that my sweet almost 3 year old made me that mad.
On a happier note...Maggie has really discovered her hands. She will just hold them infront of her face and open and close them, and gets soooo excited. She likes to pull her paci out of her mouth and then put it in again, and she is having a blast grabbing and holding her toys. She turned 3 months yesterday and has really "woken up". The past few days she has been sleeping much less...prior to that she was still sleeping like a newborn for about 17 to 19 hours a day. She is so vocal as well and will just chuckle all the time, especially at her big sister

Hopefully this day will get better.... I also spilled my damn coffee all over the clean car this morning as well...and was an hour late to work....and I feel really fat today for some reason LOL...

"I think I'm going to move to Australia..."

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#30 of 67 Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM

jelliphish: I am having a hard time with my 2.5 y.o. too... and I ended up being not so nice to her either yesterday morning. Felt very crappy about it. But it is so hard to get her out of the house, we are talking 1.5 hours to manage to get her dressed to go to the playground. And I still had to hold her in her car seat while she was screaming and yelling "I don';t want to go to the park". Once we get to destination she was fine. I don't want to stay home anymore, done it a few times but there are days when I just don't want to punish myself. It is hard to keep cool. I have a set of earplugs in the car for that reason.

Kitty saga: Final episode, we put him down yesterday pm: he was having seizures. DD1 made him a card, it was so sweet. She drew on a valentine's card and then glued treats on it. We all went to the vet, said our goodbyes and then took the body back home. He is now resting in the front yard, in one of his favorite spots.

The hard one though is that DH told her "we putting Astro into the ground like a seed, and maybe he will grow into a flower. Her response was I don't want a flower I want him to grow into a cat."

Dog owner still very upset over this. She doesn't take him outside at all without a muzzle anymore.

Started to put DD2 in a sleep sack at night. She seems to love it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page