Chat Thread: July 27-Aug 2 - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post
I've been sorting through all those cake recipes from the allergen forum, the next two days are going to be full of me playing trial and error, DD1's 3rd birthday is monday so I have to make cakes for two parties that don't taste allergen free. I think I'm still missing an allergen for DD3 cause her poop is too dark, more orange than yellow, and not seedy at all. But maybe I'm just paranoid.........
My baby's poop are not seedy either.

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#32 of 43 Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 AM

Got something to share with you ladies, the heat wave chocolate fondue recipe.

Buy the largest bag of chip-its, because they are "cheaper". Leave it in the top shelf in the cupboard all week. Once it turns to a full mush, open it up, dip some fruits in it. Zip it back up and put the giant blob of chocolate in the freezer and deal with it later

Yarn-aholic Mom to 2 cutest little girls. Dec 06 blahblah.gifbikenew.gif and May 09 energy.giftoddler.gif  Looking for time tocrochetsmilie.gif and sewmachine.gif. Will always remember my missing babies too ribbonpb.gif

#33 of 43 Old 07-31-2009, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
So I just went over to the allergy forum WOW talk about overwhelming! And I was reading all the different posts and someone mentioned vitamins as being a possible source of allergens. It just occured to me that I had stopped taking my prenatals a few weeks ago because I had run out and kept forgetting to buy more and just a few days ago had gotten more and started taking them once again right before bedtime.

Could THAT have anything to do with it? I see that they are gluten free. I guess Im grasping at straws but really that is the only thing that has changed with my diet in the past few days.
Could be, quit taking your prenatals for a few days again and see what happens. FWIW, my dog is allergic to vitamins (which they add to all dry dog food, so he can't eat ANY dry food) so it's surely possible for people to be allergic to them too.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#34 of 43 Old 07-31-2009, 06:47 AM

I tend to come in late with my replies because of the time difference!

Quate - It sounds like we're experiencing the same thing. My DS can get his tongue over his bottom gum, but seems to be moving it back after latching on. I've been trying stick-your-tongue-out games with him, but so far he hasn't copied me AT ALL in 7 weeks. He now clicks/pops during every feed after he's been going for a while. I've never seen his tongue touch the roof of his mouth either. We give him a dummy (paci) to settle at night, but he can't keep it in his mouth for more than a minute tops.

Poops: We're still at about 5-8 a day, running and yellow. Despite the feeding difficulties, he's still getting heaps of milk.

JacquelineR - thinking of you at this hard time

Heat: I feel sorry for you ladies dealing with heat. It's mid-Winter over here, so at least I can just keep the house heater on to stay comfortable. Outside is ridiculously icy though.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#35 of 43 Old 08-02-2009, 05:11 PM

I'm new to this so forgive me. dd2 has been having issues in the pooping dept. She barely poops on her own and is exclusive to bfing. although she started out great. bf is doing ok. Like you Austgirl she clicks when she eats as well. We just bear with it cause I don't know what else to do. She is also drooling 24/7 and I hope that she is not teething yet cause that would suck. Plus she is not sleeping during the day unless I hold her. Don't really know how to fix that.
#36 of 43 Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post

Heat? Anyone found ways to keep them comfortable? This is driving her and I crazy! She is so hot. We give her a long bath twice a day to cool her down. But what else?
Its probably cooled down for you, as it is much cooler than it was--we are close by to BC here in Seattle. One thing I've done to keep the baby cool is to put her diaper on more loosely than usual, in an attempt to let air circulate. I also do the cooler temperature baths (just got out of one!), and then I put her in front of a fan after the bath (where she fell asleep). I've also kept a kiddie pool out and taken dips in it during the day with her, which she does not like because its too cool. Other than that, swimming, shade and onesies. I've found that she stays cooler when she has a onesie on. If she doesn't have one on, the skin to skin contact heats her up and makes her sweat more. Other than that, we stick pretty close to the fan!

To add the update:

Poops: We've had lots of green ones recently but I'm actually taking that as a good sign. Its has been so hot here and we like everyone else around here don't have AC. I have been worried that the heat could make Beauty dehydrated so I've been drinking lots of water and then switching sides so she is getting more foremilk in a day than typical. The green runny and seedy poops are my indication that she's not dehydrated.

Bottle: we tried it a few weeks ago and it was surprisingly easy.

Breastfeeding: Going well. Although not with the two year old...anyone know how to teach a two year old a proper latch that doesn't leave teeth marks on my nipple?

Sleeping: Beauty sleeps so well. I'm waking up twice a night, once between 2 am and 5 am and then another time between 7 am and 9 am. Generally I can go back to sleep again until 10 am.

Postpartum body: Not so good. My hip joints are so very loose that I'm experiencing lots of joint and muscle pain. My whole body is thrown out of whack. A couple of weeks ago it was so bad I couldn't walk. I feel wobbly on good days and generally sore. This was the reason that we tried the bottle with Beauty because one night it was so bad that I couldn't turn over in bed or sit up to bring her to me. That night my husband (thank goodness he was in town!) attempted to bottle feed her for the first time.

Jacqueline, you have my sympathy and condolences. I too have lost a parent and found it very difficult.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#37 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 12:24 AM

I quit taking my prenatal and her night nursing has been better but the day nursing is still a challenge sometimes. I just can't tell if shes full and done and pissed off that she wants to suck but there is milk or if she is extraordinarily gassy, or her reflux is bothering her or what.

Anyway, thanks for the input. I think I need to hunt down some allergen free prenatals.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (10) DD (4) and  DD (1)

#38 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
I think I need to hunt down some allergen free prenatals.
Just be aware that sometimes the "fake" vitamin supplement IS the allergen, not the additives.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#39 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 PM

Hi again. I've been MIA pretty much since Henry was born. I'm starting back to work slowly this week so I'll have more internet time. Henry is just a few days shy of 3 months and doing great. Nursing, cloth diapering, sleeping etc are all going fairly well for us. I just did a 12 day road trip to see family with both kids and it went great.

I experienced gas problems too when I was taking vitamins so I just stopped. That was 6 weeks plus ago so I really need to consider giving them a try in a different form again.

So where is this board moving to? I want to stay in contact with you all.
#40 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 02:19 PM

Jacqueline--

AustGirl--DD is 10 weeks now, and she's just decided in the past few days that she wanted to use a paci to help her go to sleep, and she's getting better at keeping it in. Which made me really happy because it means she's not crying (don't worry, we don't do CIO--she just tends to cry before sleep no matter what we do). But I was afraid that it would make her BF issues even worse. BUT ... somehow, somewhere, I'm beginning to hope that something is helping! She thinks it's hilarious when I stick out my tongue at her, but she doesn't really respond reliably. But she bites down less on my finger than she used to, and the past few days we've actually had a few nursing sessions where I don't look all creased afterwards. I'm so, so, so hoping that she might finally be getting this!
#41 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazychick View Post
I'm new to this so forgive me. dd2 has been having issues in the pooping dept. She barely poops on her own and is exclusive to bfing. although she started out great. bf is doing ok. Like you Austgirl she clicks when she eats as well. We just bear with it cause I don't know what else to do. She is also drooling 24/7 and I hope that she is not teething yet cause that would suck. Plus she is not sleeping during the day unless I hold her. Don't really know how to fix that.
EBF babes usually poop once every week to ten days (not always but thats supposed to be the norm)

drooling - my other two started teething at 2 months but nothing ever broke through till about a year. So starting early doesn't mean a tooth will break through next week

Have you got a sling? Anna was like this for a while. Also swaddling helps. I cannot put her down w/o being swaddled cause when she does the "falling baby" jerk she wakes herself up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanBoo View Post
Buy the largest bag of chip-its, because they are "cheaper". Leave it in the top shelf in the cupboard all week. Once it turns to a full mush, open it up, dip some fruits in it. Zip it back up and put the giant blob of chocolate in the freezer and deal with it later

thanks I needed that

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#42 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 03:17 PM

New Thread in Life with a Babe forum so those who are newish can find it:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4#post14181744

I think they shut april down mid month so we probably have a little over a week left in here

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#43 of 43 Old 08-03-2009, 04:30 PM

Kind of funny. With DS2, I lamented that I didn't have computer access to take advantage of a DDC on MDC. This time, I had access and didn't take advantage either- except for complaining.
Thanks for the sympathies, ladies. I hope I'll see you over in the new thread.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page