Anyone else having bleeding? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 03:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was due for a period 8/9, on 8/10 I tested and got a BFN. Later that day I started what I thought was my period, it was lighter than usual and lasted 5 days (stopped bleeding Thursday). Then yesterday morning when I wiped I noticed some blood so my automatic reaction was to test. I think the test was positive before the pee even hit the test window

But.....I'm still bleeding. Not a ton, but enough that it's there and it's got me scared (I had a miscarriage in September that started the same way, with me getting what I thought was a period, then stopped bleeding and started again). The midwife dropped off some Welcome Womb tincture, which has Black Haw bark, False Unicorn root and Wild Yam root in it. It's supposed to "Discourage miscarriage & premature labor". She's also got me taking Vitamin C and Vitamin E as these are also supposed to help prevent miscarriage.

She said that bleeding without cramping is okay and cramping without bleeding is okay, but both together is a bad sign. So far I just have the bleeding (though when I had the bleeding on the 10th I had cramping to go along with it).

Anyone else going though this?
#2 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 05:32 PM

Hey mama,
Right after I believe I concieved, I started bleeding. It seemed much heavier than what I've read implantation bleeding is and was bright red. It lasted through the night and was much lighter in flow the next day. By the third day it was only on the t.p. I tested on Saturday and like you, the BFP's ( I tested three times!!) came up very very fast and were very strong (not faint). I have slight cramping but no more bleeding. But like you the blood was so shocking in the beginning I thought that I couldn't be pregnant.
Thanks for telling us about the Welcome Womb tincture I am going to go get some after work.
#3 of 6 Old 08-19-2008, 05:40 PM

Not from your DDC, but noticed your post...

Could your progesterone be low? Often that will cause bleeding when your period is due and could result in an early m/c.

Or it could just from the embryo as it continues to burrow in there...

Best wishes to you!

Marine ecologist wife to my kite-boarding soulmate and now a SAHM to Annabelle 8/02, 3 , and finally Willem 12/21/08!
#4 of 6 Old 08-20-2008, 05:17 PM

My aunt went through this same thing and her babe is going strong. I noticed you have a c/s ribbon. It seems that those who have had a c/s can experience bleeding. I haven't yet but I know of several who have.

: for a

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#5 of 6 Old 08-21-2008, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChesapeakeBorn View Post
Not from your DDC, but noticed your post...

Could your progesterone be low? Often that will cause bleeding when your period is due and could result in an early m/c.

Or it could just from the embryo as it continues to burrow in there...

Best wishes to you!

I have a short LP so I do believe my progesterone is low. The midwife has me using progesterone cream (Happy PMS) in addition to the Welcome Womb (which has wild yam extract in it). Thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
My aunt went through this same thing and her babe is going strong. I noticed you have a c/s ribbon. It seems that those who have had a c/s can experience bleeding. I haven't yet but I know of several who have.

: for a
Thank you so much for the positive story about your aunt! I had never heard of the c/s and bleeding thing, that makes me feel a little better.

The bleeding has lessened quite a bit, now it's mostly just enough to tint the toilet paper. Thanks for the sticky thoughts everyone
#6 of 6 Old 11-30-2008, 01:05 PM

2 weeks ago I found blood on my toilet paper. Freaked me out for a few days for sure- even though I read all about spotting during a healthy pregnancy.. I still got into a funk I just couldnt reason myself out of.
To rest my mind I went in to see my midwife and she tried again for the heartbeat (we hadnt found it before).. Sure enough, there it was- a rapid and clear little heart beat. What a difference that made for me. Ideas it might have been caused by: lowlying placenta and just the mystery of the womb.
I feel a little more prepared if there is a next time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page