Feeling a little overwhelmed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-18-2008, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We decided to sell our house and move this summer. So that would give us about 8+ months to get the house ready to sell. Easy.
Then we found out I'm pregnant.
Total shock and surprise.
Now, we've upped the listing date to around January or maybe Dec if we can swing it. Basically, ASAP. I want to be settled in our new house before I'm 8months so I don't have to worry about where to birth the babe. And I definitely don't want to be moving with a newborn. Ew.
But that means we have oodles of work to do and we have a definite must-be-done-by date. That just is overwhelming to me.
Anyone else have major adjustments to make because of a new babe? I keep telling myself we have time. At least it's longer than the 2 weeks we had with E's surprise adoption. That was much harder, I'm sure. And I lived through it.
This will all be okay, right?
Why can't pregnancy hormones induce rational thinking?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 07:50 PM

OOH, wow that is a lot. But I am sure you will be fine. Take a few deep breaths whenever it gets overwhelming and call in lots of friends and favors and help!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJane View Post
Why can't pregnancy hormones induce rational thinking?
then the world would be overrun with babies

We started renovating the house about two months ago. It went on hiatus (sp?) because of work and not having babysitters during times we could work on it. I am missing all my cabinet doors, some room doors and half the house still needs to be painted. I also REALLLLY want the garage to get cleaned out again before the weather gets cold. I want to be able to pull my van in from the cold so DDs don't have to freeze. Unfortunately now I can't paint or do the heavy lifting, which means it will all fall on DH.

My advice - sit down with a notebook, write down everything that needs to be done, down to the simplist thing, and then divie it up among the weeks before the done by date. Leaving at least one week at the end for "surprises". That is what has worked for me in the past.

Good luck!!

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 AM

With this pregnancy things aren't as crazy this time around but with DS we were definitely in the same boat. We moved shortly before I found out I was pregnant, I spent my last semester of college trudging along through pregnancy and gave birth 4 weeks after I finished, we moved when DS was a month old and then moved again when he was 7 months old (And then again at 11 months old).

I would try to simplify things and do a little each day in order to break everything up a little, I've moved so many times that I kind of have a system that works for me now but it is still really overwhelming because you feel like you have so little time to do so much. It does all manage to get done when it needs to, hang in there!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

User Tag List