Spotted a little pink.. New Post: bright red last night - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just when I wiped. Just once a couple of hours ago. Nothing since. But still.

Reassure me with all of the spotted-pink-and-it's-normal-and-everything-is-fine stories. Please.
#2 of 13 Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 PM

I have been spotting red for the past week and so far all seems well! I had an U/S and everything looked good.

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

#3 of 13 Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 PM

hey! i think spotting pink is actually fairly common in early pregnancy. remember, the cervix is very soft now, so sometimes 'spotting' is from the cervix being 'irritated'. i had pink spotting off and on with my 1st pregnancy. everything progressed normal.

last pregnancy, no spotting of any kind. this time...nothing so far.

try to rest and relax if you can. i read one of your other posts, and it sounds like you are on the go!! when i had spotting during my 1st pregnancy, my ob said sometimes exercise can cause it...??? who knows??
#4 of 13 Old 09-18-2008, 09:33 PM

You're doing a lot of biking, no? could that somehow be irritating your cervix?

Put your feet up and try to relax. It very well might be nothing. But I just went through this so I know the fear [mine was more brown though].

#5 of 13 Old 09-19-2008, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies.

Well, nothing since that one time. So, I'm going to chalk it up as normal and go about my merry pregnant way.
#6 of 13 Old 09-19-2008, 03:10 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
i spotted pretty much all last week. started pink, and turned to brown. i'm fairly certain that everything is TOTALLY fine because i feel sicker and sicker every day :P

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#7 of 13 Old 09-19-2008, 08:21 PM

I've spotted pink like that a few times today and yesterday.... I'm hoping for the best but am a little nervous too.
#8 of 13 Old 09-20-2008, 01:33 AM

i spotted some red and some pink a few times with DD#1. everything was fine

i think something like 30% of all women spot during the first trimester, and go on to have normal pregnancies, and happy babies
#9 of 13 Old 09-20-2008, 02:54 AM

Not in your DDC but I also spotted pink. Twice, actually. For a few hours at a time. The second time I spotted, my boobs stopped hurting, I was cramping and my temp was down. DH and I sat on the couch in the early morning and mourned the loss of our baby. I thought I had lost it. I am now weeks away from delivering that baby. I am sure everything is fine. Spotting is actually really common and a lot of things can cause it. Lifting things, exercise, intercourse, you name it. The cervix has a ton of extra blood vessels right now that are very sensitive.

Jaclyn, Madly in with DH, Scott. Mama to Calli Elizabeth (23 months) & our new little man, Bode Keam (9 weeks).
#10 of 13 Old 09-21-2008, 12:56 PM

I've had some pink cm the last couple days, too. Not really enough to even call spotting - just enough that seeing it freaks me out. Multiple google searches have reassured me that it's normal, but I'll be happier once my pregnancy is officially confirmed at the doctor's on Tuesday.

I'm right there with you. We'll be fine.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
#11 of 13 Old 09-24-2008, 08:05 AM - Thread Starter

Bah! There hadn't been anything all of this time and then last night I wiped and there was a big smear of bright red. I had felt kind of crampy all day yesterday, but not menstrual crampy.. more like ligaments stretching achey.. There hasn't been anything significant since except the lightest hint, as in I wouldn't notice if I wasn't staring at the toilet paper, of pale reddish/brownish.

I feel in my heart like this is normal and everything is fine. All of my symptoms are still SUPER strong (sweet jeebus my breasts huuuuuurt!). But at the same time, it freaks me out, ya know?
#12 of 13 Old 09-24-2008, 12:34 PM

Well I think even red is ok as long as everything else is staying the course, which it sounds like it is. Maybe something got aggrivated down there? I started spotting with my second after doing a lot of lunges and squats. The mw thought maybe I irritated my uterus with all the movemen?

Hope it subsides soon for you
#13 of 13 Old 09-24-2008, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Bah! There hadn't been anything all of this time and then last night I wiped and there was a big smear of bright red. I had felt kind of crampy all day yesterday, but not menstrual crampy.. more like ligaments stretching achey.. There hasn't been anything significant since except the lightest hint, as in I wouldn't notice if I wasn't staring at the toilet paper, of pale reddish/brownish.

I feel in my heart like this is normal and everything is fine. All of my symptoms are still SUPER strong (sweet jeebus my breasts huuuuuurt!). But at the same time, it freaks me out, ya know?

I know I feel the same way... I am STILL spotting usually bright red but everything still seems to be progressing.. It is hard not to worry though.
HUG

Busy Mom raising 5 kiddos, 7, 6, 5, 2  and a brand new bundle!! (5/15/11)  cd.gifribbonpb.gifnovaxnoIRC.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page