Tired? Anyone just exhausted? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 01:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just trying to figure out why I am so unbelievably tired this pregnancy. Then I was doing a bit of reading and thought I would mention to others a possible cause and maybe others could give me more ideas!

I was thinking maybe I am anemic? Do any of you know if there is a way other than blood test to rule it out or in? I think I may need to call my midwife....huh.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#2 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 02:14 PM

i was feeling super tired and sick starting at 3w! YIKES! i talked to my midwife and she thought maybe i wasn't eating/drinking enough. sure enough, 3300 calories and 64oz of water a day later, i'm feeling great, and not gaining anything!

i'm nursing my 17 month old DD too, but try adding some very healthy calories and see what happens.

dried fruit is a good way to get extra iron. have you tried floradix? it's gross, but it has something like 50% of daily iron, and it's all plant derived, if i remember correctly.

good luck!
#3 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 02:27 PM

It's really normal to be tired right now. Your body and baby are doing a lot of work right now and it is exhausting work to build another human being. Progesterone also increases a lot during early pregnancy which causes exhaustion. I take floradix tablets and B12 to help with my energy level but I still have days where I am absolutely exhausted, like today for example. It wouldn't hurt to see what supplements may help your energy level.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#4 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarootoo View Post
i was feeling super tired and sick starting at 3w! YIKES! i talked to my midwife and she thought maybe i wasn't eating/drinking enough. sure enough, 3300 calories and 64oz of water a day later, i'm feeling great, and not gaining anything!
3300 calories! Wow - I WISH I could eat that and not gain a pound! I know I shouldn't be caring about my weight, but I have the slowest metabolism imaginable and don't want to gain more than 30 pounds, so I am being careful. I just got that tired feeling today, 3 w 5d, though. But it may just be becasue I wake up in the middle of the night and have trouble getting back to sleep, and then the lack of caffeine in the morning...

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

#5 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 03:02 PM

my midwife told me i may have to slow down when i stop producing milk around 4-5 months. at this point DD (17 months old) is still nursing 10-20 times a day...lol.
#6 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
yeah i'm definitely more tired. not "crashing in the middle of the day" tired but "goes to bed at the same time as a toddler" tired. Eating more isn't going to be happening here for a while. I definitely did not feel this sick with dd

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#7 of 14 Old 09-19-2008, 03:08 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm pretty wiped but I expect to be. Take normal early pregnancy fatigue, combine it with a long commute, dd school drop-offs and pickups, a long day at my job and that fact that I'm not sleeping real well... well I'm pretty fracking exhausted.
#8 of 14 Old 09-20-2008, 12:12 AM

So. So. Tired. Gah! I want to go to bed early - get up late - and take long naps. It's not happening, but that's what I want!!!
#9 of 14 Old 09-20-2008, 09:50 AM

I highly recommend Floradix. Before I got pregnant I was having bouts of fatigue and low energy. I was too exhausted to even walk up the stairs. So I got a bottle of Floradix and after a few weeks I feelt SOOOO much better! I haven't been taking it everyday but as soon as I start to feel tired again i will start back up. I haven't been very tired this pregnancy. Just sick. I also have been doing a lot of laying around so that might be why. With my son I had to nap everyday at 3 or 4 and I did that for the first 2 weeks this pregnancy but for some reason I am not tired this time around! I even stay up till 11 or 12! Strange.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#10 of 14 Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
I highly recommend Floradix. Before I got pregnant I was having bouts of fatigue and low energy. I was too exhausted to even walk up the stairs. So I got a bottle of Floradix and after a few weeks I feelt SOOOO much better! I haven't been taking it everyday but as soon as I start to feel tired again i will start back up. I haven't been very tired this pregnancy. Just sick. I also have been doing a lot of laying around so that might be why. With my son I had to nap everyday at 3 or 4 and I did that for the first 2 weeks this pregnancy but for some reason I am not tired this time around! I even stay up till 11 or 12! Strange.
Which Floradix (there are a number of different kinds of Floradix supplements)?
#11 of 14 Old 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM

I started with insomnia, then got sick kids. Add just regular pregnancy tiredness, and I'm exhausted. Even though the babe is started to sleep better, he still gets up his normal 2-3 times a night. Ugh. He's got to learn to sleep better before May!
And for some reason, if I try to take a nap, I can't get to sleep. I may try today though-we'll see.
I might try Floradix too. Anything to keep me awake enough to keep track of that toddler!
#12 of 14 Old 09-20-2008, 02:31 PM

Oh yeah! Floradix iron. I took it near the end of my last pregnancy but wasn't very consistant about it. I ended up being anemic so I will definitely take it daily in my last trimester.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#13 of 14 Old 09-21-2008, 04:30 PM
Banned

I am more tired than I have ever been in my life - this is my first and I had no idea what to expect! What is floradix? (I am in the UK, so not heard of it).

Add pregnancy tired to last week in the financial markets and I could seriously collapse! I have been sleeping so much this weekend - we had guests for dinner on Friday night and I could have pushed them out the door at 9pm. But as they had arrived an hour late for dinner, so not til 8pm, I couldn't do that...

And the worst thing is , you can't explain to anyone WHY you are tired at this stage. It's horrid!
#14 of 14 Old 09-21-2008, 05:58 PM

I'm exhausted too. And eating tons and tons and tons..... seriously, I'm always hungry. Every couple hours! How come some of you have midwives already? My 1st appointment isn't until the end of next month.

Me,yummy.gif   DS, Peace.gif and DDdust.gif Grateful to the baby I lost for sticking around long enough to teach me what I needed to know so badly  candle.gif  We  love our forest valley home, our goats and chickenschicken3.gif, and wild harvested food-medicine coolshine.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page