2 chicken tenders dipped in bacon ranch dressing
a salad with a vinaigrette style dressing
a burger with lettuce, tomato, sauteed onions & mushrooms, and more bacon ranch
2 french fries
2 bites/nibbles of sausage

[not my healthiest meal, I grant]

And...

I'm starting to feel hungry already.
Anyone else feel like they're feeding a tapeworm?!
#2 of 20 Old 09-19-2008, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yep. I think nursing is doing it to me. I had dinner tonight and then just had 5 scrambled eggs as a snack

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 01:19 AM

laughup

for SERIOUS! i'm eating about 3300 calories a day!!! i'm eating really healthy food, following a blend of the what to eat when you're expecting diet (recommended by my midwife, believe it or not!) and the blue ribbon baby diet.

when was pregnant w/ DD, i didn't want to eat at all until after my 4th month!

it is kind of fun... eating like a horse and not gaining any weight!

my midwife said that i'll probably have to slow down when my milk turns into colostrum around the 4-5 month

but until then.... :
#4 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 AM

FIVE eggs!?! OMG!!

I just ate a bowl of bruschetta topping... tomatoes, garlic (far too much of that in it) onions, olive oil, salt, pepper, balsamic vinegar. It sounded good at the time. Heck, it tasted good, but I'm going to pay later I'm sure!

I am still hungry. We had pizza for dinner... bleh. NOT healthy. Not sure what to eat now.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#5 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 02:40 AM

I think I've got the tapeworm as well. It's totally for things I normally wouldn't want to eat too. Like we're going bowling tomorrow and all I can think about is getting those gross nachos there! You know with the extra salty chips and overprocessed cheese dip? MMMM. :

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#6 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 02:52 AM

Man, I'm jealous. I want to eat 3300 calories a day. I have a hard enough time getting anything past my gag reflex. Even when I'm hungry, nothing sounds appealing and I have to force myself to eat, trying not to gag on it.
#7 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 09:25 AM - Thread Starter

Oh! And I forgot the hand-made potato chips! They were yummy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarootoo View Post
laughup

for SERIOUS! i'm eating about 3300 calories a day!!! i'm eating really healthy food, following a blend of the what to eat when you're expecting diet (recommended by my midwife, believe it or not!) and the blue ribbon baby diet.

when was pregnant w/ DD, i didn't want to eat at all until after my 4th month!

it is kind of fun... eating like a horse and not gaining any weight!

my midwife said that i'll probably have to slow down when my milk turns into colostrum around the 4-5 month

but until then.... :
Well, I'm no where close to 3300, closer to 2000, but still, my weight is holding steady, so yay! I gained way too much with my son.

I've never heard of the blue ribbon baby diet; linky?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mei Mei View Post
Man, I'm jealous. I want to eat 3300 calories a day. I have a hard enough time getting anything past my gag reflex. Even when I'm hungry, nothing sounds appealing and I have to force myself to eat, trying not to gag on it.
I don't have the gag reflex you have [] but I am having difficulty finding foods that sound good to eat. Usually once I start eating something I'm ok, but... So when I got this craving for the chicken fingers, I said, DH, we're going out for chicken fingers. And then the burger just sounded good. It wasn't like a fast food burger, but a nice, restaurant burger made with lean beef, so yeah.

Right now I'm trying to choke down an egg. bleh.
#8 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 AM

Don't worry, I've been eating crap too...lol I'm trying not to, but...

Yesterday
I ate a whole appetizer of breaded mushrooms from Outback Steakhouse...And then my entire meal of a 6 oz steak and wild rice and steamed veggies...Normally that would last me 2 meals...

Then, went to my friend's house to make blue cupcakes for her son's birthday party which is tonight....We each ate 3 cupcakes between the both of us and we ate an entire container of frosting. Her husband I'm sure thought we had lost our minds when he came home and we were sitting on the kitchen floor with spoons and a frosting tub...We were on major sugar high.

Today, I packed my lunch for work with a nice spinach and grilled chicken salad. Hopefully that will be better for me....lol
#9 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rana View Post
I've never heard of the blue ribbon baby diet; linky?

Right now I'm trying to choke down an egg. bleh.

i would not have been able to do this diet during my first pregnancy! it includes 2 eggs a DAY (!) which i had a total aversion to with DD #1. also, i think that nursing DD during this pregnancy is what's pushing me to new heights in the calorie department

here's the link: http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/brewer...lan-checklist/

i couldn't check that it was working (their server had a bandwidth issue) so here's a link to another site with the same checklist:http://snhbw.blogspot.com/2008/08/bl...baby-diet.html

good luck
#10 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm eating a lot but right now I'm mostly craving fruit. I ate an entire cantaloupe in one sitting yesterday.
#11 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 11:45 AM

I found a basket-full of ripe tomatoes in my garden. Amazingly, it didn't look that good when I started, but I made a big pot of tomato sauce. Once it started scenting the whole house, all I can think about is tomato soup! I think I will live on that today. Maybe I can get dh to pick up some cream while he's out and I can have creamy tomato soup with grilled cheese.
I want it so bad that as I was trying to focus on "time" with dh last night, all I could think about was the ingredients I was going to put in my soup!:
:
#12 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM

Mmm soup. I'm making soup today for sure. I have bronchitis and everything tastes weird but it isn't preventing me from eating. I've heard of the Brewer Diet, I assume that's like the blue ribbon diet? My last midwife and the one I have now both recommend the Brewer diet which is basically lots of protein :

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#13 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJane View Post
I want it so bad that as I was trying to focus on "time" with dh last night, all I could think about was the ingredients I was going to put in my soup!:
:
At least you were just thinking about it. Last time I was pg I was having "time" with DH and was actually EATING... crackers with cheese or something. I forget, but I was SO hungry I couldn't focus and had to go get something to eat right in the middle and then finish the task at hand, while eating!

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#14 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamarootoo View Post
i would not have been able to do this diet during my first pregnancy! it includes 2 eggs a DAY (!) which i had a total aversion to with DD #1. also, i think that nursing DD during this pregnancy is what's pushing me to new heights in the calorie department

here's the link: http://www.blueribbonbaby.org/brewer...lan-checklist/

i couldn't check that it was working (their server had a bandwidth issue) so here's a link to another site with the same checklist:http://snhbw.blogspot.com/2008/08/bl...baby-diet.html

good luck
Thanks, I shall check it out. I'm horrible at following diets whether pregnant or not, but ideas for meals is always welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
I'm eating a lot but right now I'm mostly craving fruit. I ate an entire cantaloupe in one sitting yesterday.
Ugh, apples have been ok, but I don't want sweet things for the most part, or at least sweet rarely sounds good. Today I had a chocolate bubble tea and part of a cinnamon pretzel. But what I really loved was the tomato mozzerella panini and baked potato soup. :

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJane View Post
I found a basket-full of ripe tomatoes in my garden. Amazingly, it didn't look that good when I started, but I made a big pot of tomato sauce. Once it started scenting the whole house, all I can think about is tomato soup! I think I will live on that today. Maybe I can get dh to pick up some cream while he's out and I can have creamy tomato soup with grilled cheese.
:
Mmmm, that's what I'm goign to make Monday for my weekly potluck. I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
At least you were just thinking about it. Last time I was pg I was having "time" with DH and was actually EATING... crackers with cheese or something. I forget, but I was SO hungry I couldn't focus and had to go get something to eat right in the middle and then finish the task at hand, while eating!
bwahahahaha! I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh. I'm on pelvic rest at least until my next appointment cuz I've been spotting this week, so no "time" for me! Which, sadly is fine, cuz I'm too tired.
#15 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 02:05 PM

I went nuts on a cheeseburger with fries yesterday, which is really unlike me. And the day before that I had to have chicken fingers. : I guess I'm craving more fat and protein.
#16 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
I'm jealous of all you who can eat!!

Yesterday was, for the whole day...

random little sips of juice/tea
about 1/4-1/2 C applesauce, little bits at a time throughout the day
1/4 a pear
belly bar
3 scrambled eggs (2 different meals)
and my BIG meal for the day.. I actually managed to finish a 16oz strawberries wild jamba juice!!! That was amazing.

I got up in the middle of the night and had a granola bar and more apple sauce. I think the middle of the night eating helped a lot because I don't feel as bad this morning as I did yesterday morning.

dd (7) ds (5), ds (2) &3rdtri.gif hbac.gif and the furbabies cat.gifZeus, Dobby, Luna, & Ravenclaw
#17 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdtmom2be View Post
:

Give me time. I've got, what, at least 33 weeks to go? I'm sure I'll do that to my poor dh eventually!
#18 of 20 Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM

We had taco soup today and it was actually good with my ms. Which is awesome, since the pizza I made tonight I was only able to *choke* down 2 bites, before DD ate the rest.

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

#19 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 12:58 PM

mei Mei, I had a pretty bad gag reflex after ds1's delivery, and i found that drinking through a straw was a major help - something about drinking while my mouth was closed tightly around the straw was better than regular eating and drinking. maybe a straw would help you out! (think lots of smoothies)

Brewer diet, as recommended by the Bradley Method (as well as by others):
http://www.bradleybirth.com/PD.aspx

: their big thing, as pp mentioned, is 100g protein a day. they have aprotein counter on there to help you figure it out. i think i need to stop being lazy and get myself back on the brewer bandwagon, myself...my diet sucks, not b/c of pg, but b/c of laziness.
#20 of 20 Old 09-21-2008, 08:34 PM

Currently craving peppermint ice cream and ice cold seltzer water mixed with fresh lime and mint!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page