Er, um.. has anyone sized out of their bra already? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-20-2008, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So, I'm about 4-5 weeks. Nothing has changed with my waistline yet and my pants all still fit fine, but my bra started feeling uncomfortable a few days ago and last night when I took it off I had deep lines on my breasts from the tops of the cups of my bra.

Gah! My breasts are already so massive (D cup). I can't deal with them starting to get bigger so fast!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sorry, can't commiserate. I never grow that much in the bra department, except for the first few weeks postpartum, then I go back down again. But I DO feel you on constantly changing sizes - I'm barely out of postpartum clothes and moving right back into maternity. Everyone's talking about how their bellies are growing, and I can't tell what's left from the last baby and what's new from this baby...
Old 09-20-2008, 01:24 PM

I'm an A 1/2 usually, but those are hard to find, so almost all of my bras are B's. (Also gives me a little help in the size department!) My bras used to be a tiny bit too big, but suddenly they fit perfectly! I can't say I mind one bit. I won't mind if they keep growing either.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:48 PM

My bras have started to get uncomfy and feel a little too small. My last pregnancy my breasts didn't really change til I got my milk in. This time around they are already getting bigger and I'm only 5 1/2 weeks along! Im concerned for whats going to happen.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
Old 09-20-2008, 02:58 PM

I'm a D normally but I'm probably a DD right now and still wearing my D nursing bras. They're still comfortable because they stretch and I never wear underwire bras so that isn't an issue.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-20-2008, 04:35 PM

My boobs are in a new zipcode. I can still fit into my bra right now thank god because I love it and don't want to give it up! But I swear each time I wake up they've expanded. I was reading the other night that they can go up as much as THREE cup sizes. I really hope not!!

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 09-20-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madalyn View Post
My boobs are in a new zipcode. I can still fit into my bra right now thank god because I love it and don't want to give it up! But I swear each time I wake up they've expanded. I was reading the other night that they can go up as much as THREE cup sizes. I really hope not!!
i was a perfect B (not perfect as in "OMG look at those tata's, but B cups fit me perfectly ) before DD... Now i'm between a DDD and a DD. lol...

i had to get all new shirts postpartum, because my boobies wouldn't be contained by anything smaller than a circus tent.

when i'm done nursing #2 (several years from now) my poor boobies will be down to my bellybutton, if i'm lucky... my kneecaps if i'm not!
Old 09-20-2008, 06:03 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I went from B to DD with my first, I sure hope they don't grow again this time...don't expect they will...we're on the tail end of the nursing relationship still for #1.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:16 PM

My breast size has never changed during a single one of my pregnancies. Go figure.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:59 PM

Ugh...yes. I have one bra that still fits. One.

I was in a weird between-sizes spot just before I got my BFP, where most of my B bras were slightly too small, but my C bras were too big unless I was post-O, and in some styles/brands (even the ones with half sizes!), nothing fit at all. I measured myself for a costume a few weeks ago, and my chest was 34 at the fullest point...between 8dpo and 13dpo, though, I gained 3 inches!!!!

Before my Ds, I was a small A cup. After Ds, a good solid C/nearly D until he stopped nursing. Then I went down to the crazy B/C, and who knows where this pregnancy will take me.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I totally know. I'm 6 wks and I noticed my boobs getting biger the week before my BFP. They are going to burst out of my shirt any second now.

DH loves it.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

Old 09-21-2008, 01:11 AM

I haven't noticed a change yet, but I'm just barely 4 weeks and just got my BFP 3 days ago! With my son's pregnancy I started out an A cup, was a B cup by the end of the 1st trimester, a C cup by the end of the 2nd trimester, and a D cup at the end of the 3rd trimester. So yes, it's definately possible to go up 3 cup sizes in a pregnancy. When my milk came in I jumped up another cup size to a DD/E!!!! I'm back down to a barely A cup now and can't wait to get some boobs again! Please send the boob fairy my way please!

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Mom to Conner (8/19/03) and Parker (5/23/09)::::
Old 09-21-2008, 10:27 AM

Yes, I moved into my nursing bras from DS a week or so ago, and I'm wearing a sleep nursing bra at night. I woke up this morning, and I swore they'd grown more, they just felt like they're out so far adn brushing against my arms more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post

DH loves it.
Yes! men.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:30 PM

I was a 36 D before DD. A 38 DDD when I delivered. I got to a 38 I at 4-5 month pp. My grandfather told me it looked like I had watermelons on my chest. Since she stopped nursing I got to a 36 DDD and have not gone up yet with this pregnancy. And I have total boob distortion. My right is a whole cup size bigger than the left.

afro.jpg Mom, Wife, Student Midwife and Doula. DD1hearts.gif - 5yrs (Aug 06), DD2 pinktongue.gif - 2yrs (May 09). BFP 3/4/12 - angel1.gif 3/17/12 

Old 09-21-2008, 01:51 PM

I'm only 4 weeks, and my C cup is getting too small. Looks like my first maternity purchase will be a nice, comfy, support bra.

N,: Wife and Wannabe AP Mamma. 11/08. 9/09. Wishing for a , but wondering if I should.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:44 PM

Yeah- my underwire is getting much too sung- it keeps cutting in! Perfect excuse to get a new bra- this one is stupidly old!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:20 PM

The girls haven't gotten larger per say but are very very tender and sore.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
Old 09-22-2008, 01:49 AM

Mine are definately larger! I don't wear bras, so I'm not sure exactly how large I was to begin with, probably a large B cup. But they are so sore that I went and picked up a couple used bras at a Thrift store. I ended up with C cups! I'm just 8 weeks now.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:31 PM

Yeah, I'm with you. I was a 36DD before becoming pg. Mine have become very firm as well, and they hurt! I wore a comfy sports bra to bed last night and wore fitted camis the last two weeks. I need the support.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 09-22-2008, 01:18 PM

At this point in my first pregnancy I was bra shopping. In this pregnancy I'm not sure if or how they've changed because all I wear are nursing tanks.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:15 PM

I really think I'm going to have to buy a sports bra to wear to bed or something. My boobs just hurt so bad when I first wake up.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09

User Tag List