Mothering Forum banner

Dreams

638 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  amnda527 
#1 ·
Ok, so I've been having super intense dreams every night that fall into two categories:

1. Sex dreams - don't mind these so much
In fact I don't think I've had sex dreams like this since college and they are rather nice.

2. Dreams where I suddenly have the baby and don't know how to do anything and don't have any supplies. Now, I know that I'm not a moron and I wouldn't ever find myself in the situations I dream about (no carseat, no diapers, forgot to feed the baby for days...) but when I wake up in the morning I can't shake the awful feeling from the dream.

Is anyone else having these dreams? Is it a first-timer thing? I really have to work to lift myself out of a funk in the mornings (unless I had the other kind of dream - in that case I'm skipping out of bed).

See less See more
#2 ·
You're not alone! I think we had a thread on it but it might have fallen back to an earlier page now. I've had some doozies on the weird scale. I actually had 2 sex ones last week myself and I never have them lol. I have weird dreams normally and they're definitely even more bizarre now that I'm pregnant. They remind me a lot of when I'm sick. Whenever I'm sick I have super weird dreams all night long and it's exactly like that.

Last week I had one that I had twins (boy & girl) and was putting their socks on. That afternoon when I checked the mail my mother in law had sent a pair of pink socks and a pair of blue socks to us.
: I got so freaked out. I hope I only have to use one pair of those!!

#4 ·
I don't dream much usually, at least not that I can remember in the mornings. But yes, lately I've been having super weird, super vivid dreams and yes some sex dreams. It's odd! but fun too, except for the freaky scary ones, but they are not frequent thank goodness.

#6 ·
I have had two pregnancy dreams so far. The first oneI gave birth at a hospital and they took my baby away from me before I even got a chance to see what it was (it turned out to be a boy). I was so infuriated and started screaming about the terrible practices of hospitals, all the while thinking that I still had to give birth to a second baby (a twin). It was bizzare! When I woke up I told my husband that my decision to have a homebirth was just verified- there is no way I am going to a hospital if I can help it!

In my second dream I started bleeding- I am sure it is just anxiety over last year's m/c.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chic_Mama View Post
In my second dream I started bleeding- I am sure it is just anxiety over last year's m/c.
After my first miscarriage, when I was pg with my oldest son - I had THE worst dreams every night for about two weeks. I would dream that I'd start bleeding at random places, then I'd dream that I wasn't really pregnant, then I'd have miscarriage dreams. It was awful.

This time - no sex dreams or weird baby dreams - just WEIRD dreams. The other night I had a dream that a T-Rex was chasing me and my family, and I kept having to get us away from him. It was a HUGE T-Rex - about three times the size of an actual T-Rex. I remember thinking in my dream, "Whoa - this is no ordinary T-Rex."
Cause, you know, I run into ordinary ones all the time.

Then last night, I had a dream that our choir director was trying to kill the whole choir. Our choir director is THE sweetest guy in the world. But in this dream, he had this elaborate plan to get rid of everyone except four people. Everyone who didn't make the cut was going to get pushed into a lava pit!
I woke up going - WTH???

#8 ·
Not really dreaming here that I know of. I have had a feel maybe it is a boy and girl twin set though but then I looked at the signs and if this LO is late like her/his brothers then it could become a Gemini which is the sign of twins.

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pleasantlyfurious View Post
Ok, so I've been having super intense dreams every night that fall into two categories:

1. Sex dreams - don't mind these so much
In fact I don't think I've had sex dreams like this since college and they are rather nice.

2. Dreams where I suddenly have the baby and don't know how to do anything and don't have any supplies. Now, I know that I'm not a moron and I wouldn't ever find myself in the situations I dream about (no carseat, no diapers, forgot to feed the baby for days...) but when I wake up in the morning I can't shake the awful feeling from the dream.

Is anyone else having these dreams? Is it a first-timer thing? I really have to work to lift myself out of a funk in the mornings (unless I had the other kind of dream - in that case I'm skipping out of bed).
My first pregnancy I had a lot of dreams about not being prepared when the baby comes. Usually I had the baby but didn't even know it, my mom was taking care of her and I pretty much had nothing to do with it. Oh I hated those dreams! I think I was having them because I was worried my mom was going to be too pushy and controlling about the baby. Everything turned out perfect beacuse she left to go on vacation for a week the day after she was born!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.