Still In Shock About Being Here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2008, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BFP was on the 7th and I am still just in such shock! Does anyone else feel this way. Not sure when it will finally sink in. I ordered some winter clothes this evening too.

Smiles, LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 01:10 AM

I'm still on cloud nine about it all. : I feel like it's all I think about and want to talk about. I know the excitement will wear off eventually so I'm trying to just enjoy it. I still haven't had my first real appointment and I'm wanting to fast forward so I can get to October 3rd already!

Is it sad I've had 2 home tests and a blood test confirm I'm pregnant and I still get the urge to go buy more tests just to see the positive again hah.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 AM

I'm still in shock, too. It is still sinking in!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:01 AM

I did that too Madalyn, although I have not had a blood test. I just didn't feel like it was true those first 2 weeks. I went out and got another test just to make sure.

It hasn't sunk in yet for me either (well besides the 24 hour nausea) It will feel more real on Wednesday when I meet with my midwives for the first time. Its just a meet and greet but I secretly hope that they will offer to try to find a heartbeat.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 09-22-2008, 05:27 PM

I think it is sinking in somewhat for me because I feel like crap most of the day. I do look forward to when pregnancy will hopefully be fun and I'll feel good.

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 09-22-2008, 05:37 PM

I'm still in shock too. My symptoms have somewhat subsided so it's become even more surreal than it was. Someone pinch me please!!!! I'm so afraid I will go to my u/s on Thursday and they will tell me that I made it all up.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:40 PM

we charted for 3 months prior to TTC in august, hit the mark on the first cycle, and i'm STILL in shock

happy, tired, nauseated, and shocked
Old 09-22-2008, 06:38 PM

I'm definitely in shock. This baby wasn't in anyway planned. We are very excited about having another little cutie but I just got a promotion (like last week) and haven't told anyone yet, aside from a friend in TX and in OR so no one here will find out! haha The babe will be due right before summer reading which is a huge deal in our library. So I'm nervous about that. I might feel I need to come back to work early.

Aside from the bouts of ridiculous nausea (which I didn't have with DS) I would totally forget I'm all knocked up like.

SAH Lubrarian Mamatrekkie.gif to our little man Caelan Paul kid.gif(8/26/07) two bouncy boys Westley Allen and Atticus Joseph fencing.gif(04/14/09) our sweet surprise HBAC Jasper Merle (03/26/13) stork-boy.gif and mate to my retired SAHDH who is now children's author/illustrator Joe Luby http://ow.ly/r8Fom.modifiedartist.gif  
Old 09-22-2008, 07:26 PM

Not only was this unplanned, it was kind of a shock to SO and to me. He proposed on the spot, which was more surprising than the positive pregnancy test. So now we're frantically planning a wedding in less than two months, so I can hope to fit into my mother's wedding dress before I start to show. Meanwhile, our family just thinks we've decided to get married, so they're thrilled. When on earth am I supposed to tell them that - oh, by the way - I'm pregnant too...?!

I'm traveling the world with my kids without ever leaving home and blogging about it -- watch, taste, and share our adventures at TheGlobalStayCation.com!
Old 09-22-2008, 07:52 PM - Thread Starter

Comtessa~

Congrats on the proposal too! It is possible to get it all together quickly for a wedding. I know bc we did it. We knew we wanted to be married and start having kids right away so we were married 2.5 months after he asked though we did not start until a couple of wks later planning.

GL and have fun, LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Old 09-22-2008, 08:50 PM

Wow, good luck with the wedding! That sounds exciting. No ideas on what to tell your family though.

I am still in shock too. I think everyone who knows is more excited than I am simply because they believe it more than I do! I've been infertile for 7 years. So I'm still getting my brain around the idea that I could just spontaneously get pg! It doesn't fit into my little view of the world. I'm working on it though!
Old 09-22-2008, 10:03 PM

we charted for 3 months prior to TTC in august, hit the mark on the first cycle, and i'm STILL in shock

happy, tired, nauseated, and shocked
Old 09-22-2008, 10:26 PM

we are still in shock too i can't wait for our first appt. oct 6!!!!

Megan-loving wife to my high school sweet heart 9.24.2005 and AP mama to my big boy biggrinbounce.gif 12.14.2006, homebirth.jpglittle sister 5.27.2009 andhomebirth.jpg baby sister 8.31.11

Old 09-22-2008, 10:42 PM

I have taken no less than FIVE pregnancy tests because I still can't believe it! I think my dh is actually in less shock than me which is so ironic.

We got pg on our first cyle of TTC which I really wasn't expecting.

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comtessa View Post
Not only was this unplanned, it was kind of a shock to SO and to me. He proposed on the spot, which was more surprising than the positive pregnancy test. So now we're frantically planning a wedding in less than two months, so I can hope to fit into my mother's wedding dress before I start to show. Meanwhile, our family just thinks we've decided to get married, so they're thrilled. When on earth am I supposed to tell them that - oh, by the way - I'm pregnant too...?!
Although it was a very small 30 people tops wedding at our church I planned ours in only 2 weeks thanks to the military lol. That should give you some hope!! I was stressed beyond belief at the time.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09

User Tag List