Fevers? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-22-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone else feel like their having fevers? I had Bronchitis about a week ago and took some antibiotics to get rid of it. But I'm still getting what feels like fevers... My entire body feels like an oven... Is this normal for pregnancy or some left-overs from the Bronchitis?

BTW I am 8 weeks along.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2008, 06:29 PM

I have been feeling very hot lately. I have hot flashes often. Is your temp elevated or does it come and go?

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 09-22-2008, 07:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
My DH complains I'm too warm in bed each night, he normally did this for a few days after O each month so I assume it's the progesterone. But if you have any reason to suspect continued infection, check it out! Also don't forget to get probiotics to recover from the anti.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:11 PM

I have hot flashes pretty often also, I have bronchitis now but this was happening prior to getting sick. I think it's just a normal pregnancy thing because of hormones and such.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-22-2008, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
I have been feeling very hot lately. I have hot flashes often. Is your temp elevated or does it come and go?
Yes, it comes and goes. Unfortunately it tends to come when I'm nowhere near my thermometer!

Thank you all, you made me feel less worried.

I guess my body has decided to hit me hard with every possible symptom! I've even experienced some very strong feelings of getting ready to faint! Once I had to actually sit on the floor in Wal-Mart until I felt more normal.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 PM

I'm really hot too. Pretty much since right before I got my positive. I remember one night I got so hot while trying to cook I had to go lay down and my temp was 99 point something. It gets the worst for me at night. I wake up each night burning up and having to pee so I go to the bathroom and then chug down ice water to cool down. Of course makes me have to wake up to pee in an hour or so to repeat the whole process over again. I got up like 5 times the other night lol. It's also not helping that the dog sleeps by my stomach instead of at my feet now so that makes me even hotter.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 09-22-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Madalyn... Yes! That sounds like me! It seems to be worse when I'm more active.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:09 PM

lol... the winter i was pregnant w/ DD, our heating bill was next to nothing! i was SO hot all the time, and poor DH was always wrapped in blankets (and complaining about being able to see his breath )

fun stuff
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 AM - Thread Starter

I'd heard of being hot/warm when pregnant, but never imagined that it felt like this! But, I'm glad it's happening as the weather is cooling!

Old 09-23-2008, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
I'd heard of being hot/warm when pregnant, but never imagined that it felt like this! But, I'm glad it's happening as the weather is cooling!
ME TOO. I spent all summer pregnant last time and I always said that when I did it again I'd be pregnant from August-May because that seems like the perfect weather for pregnancy.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 09-23-2008, 01:39 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, perfect for baggie sweats too!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:22 AM

I've been getting "hot flashes" too and my daily temp has been hovering around 99.3 to 99.8 since ovulation which is very high for me. Normally I'm freezing and my daytime temp is always in the high 97's low 98's range. I get the hot flashes in the evening. I'm definately not sick, so it must be the pregnancy hormones.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Mom to Conner (8/19/03) and Parker (5/23/09)::::
Old 09-23-2008, 12:22 PM

My DH commented on how weird it was that I was kicking the covers of and he was getting up in the night to put more clothes on. Usually it is the other way around. I hate to be cold so I kind of like it. I told him I was like a little incubator and he thought that was really sweet.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:39 PM

Huh. I have actually been cold all the time! I mean, my temp is still up, but when my temp is higher, I tend to feel colder. I have been freezing in any kind of AC. If I go outside and it is hot, I flush immediately, but if it is 75 degrees or less, I feel like I'm in the arctic!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
Huh. I have actually been cold all the time! I mean, my temp is still up, but when my temp is higher, I tend to feel colder. I have been freezing in any kind of AC. If I go outside and it is hot, I flush immediately, but if it is 75 degrees or less, I feel like I'm in the arctic!
I do this too... When I go into stores I am constantly rubbing my arms from the cold! And my AC at home is barely on, even though it's still in the upper 90s here!

Old 09-23-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieJD View Post
ME TOO. I spent all summer pregnant last time and I always said that when I did it again I'd be pregnant from August-May because that seems like the perfect weather for pregnancy.
i was pregnant w/ DD from early august to late april, and during december (when it was 30 degrees, and i was in a tank top and shorts) i decided that i would probably burst into flames if i was pregnant through the summer...

Old 09-23-2008, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevi View Post
I do this too... When I go into stores I am constantly rubbing my arms from the cold! And my AC at home is barely on, even though it's still in the upper 90s here!
Thank goodness! I was starting to think I was the only one not having hot flashes! But whenever my temps are high, whether I have a fever or whatever, I tend to actually feel colder. I hope I don't freeze to death all winter!

Mom of 2 feisty boys and 1 busy business --Tmuffin--where we help moms connect through birth, babywearing, play, and parenthood.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbutterflykissesm View Post
Thank goodness! I was starting to think I was the only one not having hot flashes! But whenever my temps are high, whether I have a fever or whatever, I tend to actually feel colder. I hope I don't freeze to death all winter!
Oh, I am getting the hot flashes, they just don't last long before I'm shivering. That's why I thought they might be fevers. I'm going hot/cold all the time.

I also hope it doesn't mean I'll be extra cold this winter, especially with these gas prices!!! I'm hoping I'll do the same as everyone else and feel warm as I get bigger and the weather gets colder. I hope you do too!

User Tag List