Quoted: 0 Post(s)
: come and get it! :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2008, 10:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Okay, I will join in the chat. I checked out the last one and it looked like you started by talking about genders. I have had thoughts this was twins though if s/he comes late then s/he could be a Gemini which means twins. The prob is that my thoughts were more for boy and girl twins. The other thing is my lil' bro recently told me that his wife is expecting and they are not quite sure but think May/June which is a little after my EDD. I am pretty sure SIL3 went early bc she was tired of being so big (she is very petite and got really big with my niece).

I have had dreams about the birth though only 1 child bc that is as far as I get (to excited since it is a VBA2C to continue my dream and usually awake) already and it never really clear the sex of the baby.

I have predicted both of my boys correctly though at first I thought DS2 was a girl just bc it started so differently but I just knew that was not true in my heart. This time, I have no clue really. This time m/s is even worse, I have a constant backache, have gotten extremely tired etc but I cannot honestly say at this point that just bc of that it makes this child a girl yet.

Well, I best get back to cleaning my house as I have my boys' birthday parties to finish getting ready for, LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Old 10-04-2008, 12:12 PM - Thread Starter

I've been feeling a little confused about what I think this baby will be. DS has commented once that there are two babies, one boy and one girl...then, the other day he told me that there was just one boy baby. His name for this baby is Damon Doman...don't ask...I'm not sure from where this name came.

To comment, SunCB, on your sis-in-law...I too am pretty petite and got REALLY big w/ ds #1, but I birthed him at 42 weeks exactly. I didn't get sick of being so big, really...I never felt impatient about the baby getting out of me. Perhaps that is the difference.

I kind of expect this baby to be late, too...that is why I've been hanging w/ the May DDC. EDD (hahaha) is April 25...I'm thinking closer to May 10.

I guess, right now, I'd like another boy. Surely, I'd be happy w/ a little girl, too!
Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM

Same with me russianthistle. Due april 26th but anticipate early May maybe the 3rd. This is how I figured it......I conceived my son on October 15th and his due date was July 8th but I had him on July 15th. This baby was conceived on August 3rd and due date is the 26th but I figure May 3rd.

I am SO SICK. Still nauseas, but last night I had bad chills and then a very high fever and sore throat and head and joint aches. My hubby made me get out of bed this morning and drink some coffee and chicken noodle soup and take some tylenol and I'm feeling a bit more normal. But geez. I have been sick 3 times since getting pregnant and I rarely EVER get sick. I think this fetus is trying to kill me. I don't even know what I can take to boost my immune system. I will be sure to bring it up at my first prenatal in 2 weeks.

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 10-04-2008, 03:42 PM

This pregnancy is turning out to be VERY different from DS's. I actually threw up today and I just feel wretched. You described it best, lotus, the fetus is trying to kill me. I was so lucky with DS, but I think the big difference is that I was able to lay down and take it easy with him in the beginning, whereas I don't have that option this time around.

Still don't have a midwife, haven't heard back from the one I was going to see but I know she's very busy with moving right now. Doesn't bother me though. As far as gender goes, I'd be happy with either. At this point I don't have any intuition one way or the other.

How's it going for those still nursing? I'm laying down on the couch and NAKing right now, DS has the hang of toddler nursing positions finally so it makes things easier. Still have lots of milk but it is painful to nurse, I'm just taking it one day at a time until it's comfortable again.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 10-04-2008, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

You can take echinacea, lotus. You should also try to eat...chew as much as you can... a few cloves or whole, raw garlic (if you can stomach that...if not swallow pieces whole). Garlic is antibacterial. You can also drink lemon tea...boil water, squeeze lemons into it and sweeten w/ honey. Honey, too is antibacterial as is lemon...lemon has tons of vit. C to help kick the sickness. If you keep on the lemon, honey, and garlic, I bet you'll kick the fever and sore throat. It's all I ever do.

Oh, and you can do a thyme infusion (1tsp. dry thyme/ 8 oz. boiled water) steep for 10-15 min...it's antimicrobal and esp. good for soothing the throat...and it's a safe herb.

I can't believe you can touch coffee...The mere smell wrecks it for me.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:02 PM - Thread Starter

Katie, in response to your nursing question...

It's going okay here...I've been working on cutting back a bit for sanity. Casimir's 31 mo. and I think he could do w/ nursing a little less. I've backfired on myself a couple of times when I wanted to talk on the phone a little longer than usual and surrendered to the boob sucker.

It does hurt, but I think it's getting better!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:53 PM

Thanks for the tips RT! I have garlic capsules somewhere. Do you think those may be just as effective? I also have Olive Leaf extract. I'll have to do some hunting to see if thats safe in pregnancy. I just need someone to come take care of me. (i miss my mom. they left for florida for the winter )

Sorry about your pukies Katie!!

I have been so nauseas on top of my cold that I haven't been able to eat. My Dh dragged me out of the house to McD's and I ate one chicken nugget and couldn't do it. I drank a nice cool vanilla shake instead!!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 10-04-2008, 07:43 PM

russianthistle~

I think you are right about being impatient though I know she was also having trouble moving and sleeping A LOT from what I heard too. I also think that she would just go early if her OB will let her and think she may pick a day that I might go on and that is the reasoning for my twins feeling. We shall see though.

Katie~

Sorry you are not doing so well. I have been lucky not to actually get sick yet though this is the worse m/s I have had. Boy, did it hit hard yesterday when I was shopping for my boys' birthday party.

BFing seems to be a challenge at times here. I take DS2 off sometimes bc it just hurts to much and he get upset so we rest for a couple of mins then we try again.

LM

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Old 10-05-2008, 08:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Thanks for the tips RT! I have garlic capsules somewhere. Do you think those may be just as effective? I also have Olive Leaf extract. I'll have to do some hunting to see if thats safe in pregnancy. I just need someone to come take care of me. (i miss my mom. they left for florida for the winter )
I don't think that the capsules woule be nearly as effective as fresh, but if you can't do fresh, it's certainly worth a try. I have heard of no issues concerning Olive Leaf Ext...it could or could not be safe...I am unsure about this. I know I had a hard time, once researching whether it was safe while nursing...
Old 10-05-2008, 08:57 PM

Hiyas. Jumping in here Just found out that I'm pregnant with #2.

With dd I was certain from the beginning that she was a girl. WIth this one, I'm not sure at all. But dd tells me that there is a boy in there and it is the pattern that runs in both sides of the immediate family (girl then boy).

Right now I'm so tired. Not yet as bad as it got on my last pregnancy but it is still early days. Plus I have a toddler so it isn't like I can nap like I used to. *sigh*.

Anyway, looking forward to getting to know you all and wishing you all healthy and happy pregnancies
Old 10-05-2008, 08:59 PM

Regarding nursing, DD was starting to drop feeds the last few weeks (she is a huge feeder). But the last two days, she has wanted more feeds. Actually, it was nursing that first gave me an idea I might be pregnant. It became so painful, especially sidelying (and dd nurses a lot from 4-6am). I'm hoping that it doesn't get much worse. I'm in two minds about weaning and so for now I'll see how it all goes.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:11 PM

I've cut back on nursing my (almost) 26 month old. It's really uncomfortable for me and he seems ok with substituting what we call a Big Hug.

Also. . .I have 2 boys. I know I would be thrilled with a third little boy, but

it would be so fun to have a girl! This is my last chance, I'm almost 38, and it would be hard to realize I'd never have a chance to have a daughter.

Gee, no pressure on this little baby, right?
Old 10-05-2008, 11:09 PM

I was kind of hurt today when DS asked to nurse, and I said "How about some milk from the fridge?" He said "OK!" and jumped off my lap and disappeared to the kitchen. I was kind of pushing for weaning, but still! Give your mom a hard time or something to make her feel better!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleCrisp View Post
I was kind of hurt today when DS asked to nurse, and I said "How about some milk from the fridge?" He said "OK!" and jumped off my lap and disappeared to the kitchen. I was kind of pushing for weaning, but still! Give your mom a hard time or something to make her feel better!

Awww, that must have been so bittersweet...

Hugs!

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM

Quote:

I know how you feel, I was just trying to cut out a session here and there, but DD was completely fine with it, never asked, and before I knew it a week had gone by without a nursing session. I'm happy because it was very, very uncomfortable, but sad at the same time

Tired this week again. There is so much going on, and I keep making stupid mistakes. I think I'm going to need to keep a date book again so that I don't forget anything else Preggers brain has kicked in full force...
Old 10-06-2008, 06:03 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smockinghaze View Post
Tired this week again. There is so much going on, and I keep making stupid mistakes. I think I'm going to need to keep a date book again so that I don't forget anything else Preggers brain has kicked in full force...
It's not your fault (or your baby's, either!)...it's the cosmos...Mercury (the planet that rules concrete thinking and communication) is in retrograde...things are all haywire, right now, probably for everyone...here is some info from my We'Moon Calendar regarding this particular Mercury Retrograde:

Mercury Retrograde Sept. 24-Oct. 15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mercury, planetary muse and mentor of our mental and communicative
lives, appears to reverse its course three or four times a year. We
may benefit from less stress when it retrogrades by making allowances
for a symbolic "sleep cycle." These periods give us permission to
pause and go back over familiar territory, reflecting and giving
second thoughts to dropped projects or miscommunication. Breakdowns
can help us attend to the safety of mechanical and mobility needs.
It's time to "recall the now" of the past and pay attention to
underlying issues. Leave matters that lock in future commitments
until Mercury goes direct.

September 24 until October 15th, use Libra's artful approach to settle
misunderstandings with grace and see another as your Self."

Quoted from the We'Moon 2008 page 19.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:11 PM

Don't feel bad. I totally forgot to go to work last week. I was enjoying a leisurely breakfast when it suddenly occurred to me that I said I would come in an extra day. I wasn't showered or dressed or anything. I ended up being an hour late, but I think it went unnoticed Thank goodness.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:28 PM

I've been having major forgetfulness as well, especially when I'm trying so hard to remember something I need to do and I can't. It's really annoying.

I'm forcing myself to get up and do things around the house today, I feel a bit better but this weekend really took a lot out of me with all the throwing up. I'm finding that eating jolly ranchers is helping with nausea but I have to be careful not to eat too many otherwise the sugar really bothers me. I see the midwife on Friday and will hopefully get to know her a bit, I'll see what she suggests for the nausea.

We don't have plans for weaning during this pregnancy, since it was kind of short notice to TTC I made a promise that because DS is still so young I wouldn't compromise nursing him. I have to clench my teeth at latch on and it really feels like I'm nursing a newborn all over again, but once the nursing is underway it doesn't hurt as much.

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

Old 10-07-2008, 02:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I am feeling human again!

The exhaustion seems to have lessened and I even managed to exercise on our eliptical trainer both days this weekend! I'm pumped to do some more tonight! Yes. Life has started up again.

Don't get me wrong. I don't feel like an athlete right now... I feel chubby and thick. But, actually wanting to exercise is a good thing.

And, I voted last night in our advanced polls for the Canadian federal election. Yes, civic and moral duty complete!

And for the best news: I'm getting my hair cut in 1 hour. Oh man, it's deperate times, ladies. Desperate times. Ohhhhh, I am having a good day!

Old 10-07-2008, 03:38 PM

I had a major "Oh my god, what have I done" moment this morning when I was trying to get ready for work at 6 am, get DS ready for preschool, all the while stuck in the bathroom every five minutes. I was trying to read Bob the Builder while stuck to the potty, with a desperate dog running around in circles begging to go out.

I am seriously tired!! And craving so much fat, its unbelievable. It seems like the only thing I can gag down.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:51 PM

Quote:
I had a major "Oh my god, what have I done" moment this morning when I was trying to get ready for work at 6 am, get DS ready for preschool, all the while stuck in the bathroom every five minutes. I was trying to read Bob the Builder while stuck to the potty, with a desperate dog running around in circles begging to go out.

I am seriously tired!! And craving so much fat, its unbelievable. It seems like the only thing I can gag down.
yeah, me too, and this baby has been tried for for almost 2 years. And then I pause to think, Am I crazy? I can barely handle 1!!!

And comfort food, definitely: mashed potatoes, chicken [preferably fried], mac & cheese, french fries/tater tots, ... Nothing healthy. I did bake some oatmeal prune cookies this afternoon....
Old 10-07-2008, 08:34 PM

So what is it about the nothing healthy? I am trying to want healthy things, really I am. And I did make homemade chili last night and ate it just fine. But what I really want is a big, thick slice of super rich chocolate cake. And I've been snacking on sour cream onion Lays potato chips. Now, how on earth is my craving chips providing anything my baby needs?
Maybe I need to surround myself with lots of healthy things and then they'll sound good? I could try, huh.
AppleCrisp, that sounds like a rough morning. I hope the day got better.
Russianthistle, does that mean my brain can start working again on the 15th? I really hope so!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJane View Post
So what is it about the nothing healthy? I am trying to want healthy things, really I am. And I did make homemade chili last night and ate it just fine. But what I really want is a big, thick slice of super rich chocolate cake. And I've been snacking on sour cream onion Lays potato chips. Now, how on earth is my craving chips providing anything my baby needs?
Maybe I need to surround myself with lots of healthy things and then they'll sound good? I could try, huh.
Russianthistle, does that mean my brain can start working again on the 15th? I really hope so!
I dunno, but ya know what started to sound good today? A nice roasted, baked ham. Not the ones with all the pineapple and cherries on it or anything, but just baked so that it's not too fatty anymore, if ya know what I mean.

I did eat salad yesterday, and for lunch yesterday had madras lentils. I do sneak a few healthy things in there. But today I ate some strawberries, or at least tried to, but they were either under-ripe or over-ripe, and I ended up eating only a few.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:44 PM

I am vacilating between "nothing sounds good" to "I'm starving and will die if I don't eat RIGHT now". I can still eat meat, for now. I don't remember when it started to sound bad the first time.

My other problem is that I really don't feel pregnant, just yucky. I do remember this feeling, but not how long it lasted. Probably till the baby moved! So I go from being excited about the baby, to wondering if I'm still pregnant. I think it's a case of knowing too much.

Erin, mom to Amelia Rose:, 6/15/06 and Lily Grace, 6/7/09; wife to Phil since 10/9/04
Old 10-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miasmamma View Post
"I'm starving and will die if I don't eat RIGHT now".
That's how I get!! Lol in fact I know the other day while we were out shopping I yelled at my husband that if we didn't go to the food court IMMEDIATELY I was going to die in the book store. It's the most urgent intense hunger ever.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
Old 10-07-2008, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RasJane View Post
Chips - essential fats that your body can turn into a variety of things, including hormones, etc. That's what I keep telling myself. I had to fight my toddler for the Doritos for breakfast

Your brain will start working again on the 15th of May, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Rana View Post
I dunno, but ya know what started to sound good today? A nice roasted, baked ham. Not the ones with all the pineapple and cherries on it or anything, but just baked so that it's not too fatty anymore, if ya know what I mean.
I have the ham craving as well. We went out and bought a huge ham last night and I have had ham twice since then and an about to heat up another slab for dinner. : Just plain, regular old ham.

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
Old 10-08-2008, 01:20 AM

Ugh, I wish I could crave food right now. I went from wanting to eat everything in sight to total aversion to mostly all foods and I have to force myself to eat. I'm wondering if I need to increase my B12? It seems to help me until early evening and then the nausea sets it.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:08 AM

My appetite seems to have dwindled away as well.

I spent the day making meatloaf and baked macaroni & cheese and didn't nibble on any of it!! Those are my favorite comfort foods!

It's like, I'm hungry, but nothing lookd good. Oh well, I was eating too much anyhow.

43 w/Emphysema - TTC from 2005 - 2013. 2 miscarriages in 2008. Good things do not come to those who wait.

Old 10-08-2008, 03:16 AM

Poutine!! :

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010

User Tag List