Dry heaves in the morning - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 10-18-2008, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone else have the dry heaves in the morning?

I usually end up with the dry heaves in the morning before I eat anything. After I eat something I will vomit, and then in the evening I will also sometimes vomit.

Any suggestions as to help prevent the dry heaves?

Carolyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Try eating a bit before you actually get out of bed...My dr suggested this to me, and it actually does help. I just eat a few crackers with some peanut butter. Eat, and then let it settle for a few mins, then get up.
#3 of 10 Old 10-18-2008, 03:01 PM

I had this so bad with my first. I would dry heave so long and hard that I would literally see stars and start blacking out. It was awful. It remained pretty bad all that pregnancy, but I think I learned to handle it a bit better each time. I think the number one thing is to eat frequently. With this pregnancy I usually have to eat several times during the night. It seems to be getting less frequent which is great cause its annoying to have to eat all night. Figure out which foods works for you and keep them in next to your bed. For me, I have found that triscuit crackers work fairly well, (though my dh doesn't appreciate the crumbs), If you are already feeling too sick by the time you wake up I would wake up earlier to try to avoid it. I have also been trying to have a high protein snack right before bed to help me not have to eat as much during the night. Hope it gets better for you soon. I feel for you!
#4 of 10 Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 AM

Oh, my life revolves around dry heaves right now. To the point where I'm seeing stars and can bearly catch my breath before the next one. Once a day, I'll vomit just bile, but never really what I've eaten.

Morning is always the worst one. No matter what time I get up, 5 minutes later I'm heaving over the toilet. During the day, if I feel this coming on, a glass of milk might stop it. Tried that this morning before getting up (thanks to DH bring me a glass), and it just meant that I was able to have a shower before heaving started.

For a couple of weeks I had it straight after getting up, even when I tried dry crackers first. Lately, I get it all day long. Yesterday and today I can't even stop it if I have milk or a full belly. It's totally draining and I feel miserable.

I'm 9w5d today.

Our baby boy, Kynan Glenn, born 6 June 09
#5 of 10 Old 10-19-2008, 03:05 AM

No suggestions, just commiseration.
Stupid dry heaves. : Stupid smells that make me sick. : Stupid food aversions.:
... I think I'm done now.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#6 of 10 Old 10-19-2008, 10:37 AM

Yes yes and yes. My goodness, it's like clockwork. As soon as I'm out of the shower and start getting dressed, I have to go to the toilet. I end feeling like I'm going to faint after trying so hard and having nothing come out of my stomach.

Also, anytime something smells strange, I start gagging. Food, the kitchen, garbage, smoke, walking down the street.. all make me feel like puking.

I'll be so so happy when this is over.
#7 of 10 Old 10-23-2008, 03:32 PM

I do this almost every morning- the shower seems to make it worse for me for some reason!
#8 of 10 Old 10-23-2008, 04:01 PM

^My nausea really kicks up in the shower too! I find that weird as well..

I'm having that issue in the morning when I brush my teeth, crazy heaving, if there was anything in my stomach I'd hurl for sure. I've not found anything to stop it...

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#9 of 10 Old 10-23-2008, 04:22 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
the cold tile on my feet does it for me. I thought it was the shower too, but I skipped my shower one morning and had to hang over the porch 'just in case' because I ran across the cold kitchen tile in my bare feet (well my feet are always bare, thats no different!)

Oh, and it finally got 'cold' here, and everyone is cranking the heat : I walked into work today and could literally feel the heat on my face! I don't know if I can make it the whole day.... puke.

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#10 of 10 Old 10-23-2008, 05:04 PM

I couldn't help butting in from April... the morning allergy sneezes causes my dry heaves to start up right away. It's like as soon as I start sneezing in the morning, there goes the gagging - and I'm 14 weeks! Sneezing + heaving= gross...Still waiting for this thing to subside.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page