Pretty sure it's over :( - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-22-2008, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Last week I posted the "brown goop" thread, but went into my midwife and heard a nice strong heartbeat. That was at exactly 10 weeks last Friday. I saw a little more brown over the weekend, but it cleared by Sun afternoon and I have felt so hopeful again. However yesterday afternoon I noticed a little more and the worse sign of all I think, is that I woke up this morning physically feeling great. I have been so sick every day with fatigue and nausea. Not this morning. I have energy and don't even feel like I need to eat. I also now have pink spotting. I feel like it is over for sure. I am going to see my midwife in an hour to search for heart tones again, but don't feel hopeful. I feel so sad. and scared. I have never had a m/c and really don't know what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2008, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm sorry. Try to stay positive!!!!

Married to my best friend Mama to DS1 4/2009 and DS2 3/2011 and two Remembering 3/2008
****5****10****15***20****25****30****35 ****40
Old 10-22-2008, 01:46 PM

Oh no, that is so sad! You don't know it's over yet though...keep us posted.

Your feeling good could be b/c you are near 2nd tri. :

P.S. I reread the post you referred to. Are you still having cramps?

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

I do occasionally have cramps, but nothing big. I have endometriosis and pretty much cramps are a daily part of life whether I am pregnant of not, so unless it's bad I tend to ignore it.
I leave to see my midwife in 15 minutes. This is killing me!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM

Oh goodness, I hope it ends up as good news. I'll be thinking of you! Keep us posted on what happens.
Old 10-22-2008, 02:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Keep us posted. I have days where I wake up feeling great and then totally crash with nausea and fatigue a few hours later. My fingers are crossed for you!
Old 10-22-2008, 02:28 PM

Thinking of you.

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
Old 10-22-2008, 02:35 PM

woosh woosh woosh woosh woosh

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then an HBAC, then a VBAC!!).
Old 10-22-2008, 03:37 PM - Thread Starter

: I am shocked! We heard the heartbeat! I made my midwife check my rate first, because I told her I was really nervous and if we heard anything I wanted to make sure it wasn't me. So she felt my wrist and said "yep, you're heart rate is 110." Then she listened with the doppler and it only took a few seconds to find baby's rate in the 150's. I burst out bawling and she double checked that it wasn't my heart rate. When I described the blood and mucous I had lost she feels sure that I did lose my mucous plug because the bleeding made it fall out. She thinks there is an edge of the placenta that is having a hard time staying attached and she asked me to take a bunch of herbs and vitamins to help strengthen it.

By the way, I guess I feel kind of silly. I was so sure, (and still am nervous), but I really am not trying to be a drama queen or an alarmist. I really thank you guys for your support.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:44 PM

I am so happy for you!:

Doula, Wife and mom to A (11/23/01) and O (5/7/09)
Old 10-22-2008, 04:26 PM

Wooohooo!! I am thrilled! (but not surprised ). It's so nerve-wracking though, especially since our DDC has had, what 18 m/c so far? I think the instances of bleeding on here have more often than not been a m/c.

It ain't over till it's over and you've got a thriving babe in your womb. :

Old 10-22-2008, 05:02 PM

yay! Im very happy that you had good news! bleeding during pregnancy is so scary! Thats wonderful you got to hear the heartbeat!

Shelley, married to my wonderful DH and mama to DD (11) DD (5) and  DD (2)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:09 PM

Excellent news!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
Old 10-22-2008, 06:35 PM

Yay! I'm so happy for you!! I was hoping as I read through this thread there would be good news toward the end!! I hope things continue to go well!!

DD (2006) and DD (2009) and pos.gif
Old 10-22-2008, 07:16 PM

You are NOT a drama queen. I would feel the same way and you did the right thing! I am so so happy for you I burst out crying at your update post! Keep the positive thinking Mama!!! :

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:31 PM

I am so happy for you. It is so nice to see the positive-ending stories!

Mama crochetsmilie.gifto Max blahblah.gif9, Neva hearts.gif 7, & Esme fairy.gif4 and Julius guitar.gif 2.

Old 10-22-2008, 09:07 PM

I'm sooo glad to hear it's good new!!! :
Old 10-22-2008, 09:18 PM

Yay, good news!! :

Tell us about the herbs the midwife recommended! I'm so glad to hear about herbal, natural remedies.

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

Old 10-22-2008, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for all the support, guys!

To help strengthen my placenta my midwife recommended taking in addition to my prenatal vitamin (a whole food vitamin):

400-600 iu of Vitamin E
Bioflavonoids w/vitamin c added
False Unicorn

Also, I had kidney issues (a stone and kinked ureter, the kinked ureter was THE worst pain I have ever gone through) and gall stones with my last pregnancy which was just bizarre cause I have never had a problem with either before. At my first visit with her for this baby she said there was protein in my urine, which shows strained kidneys. To help with that she told me to take:
1 TBSP mineral goat whey powder daily
and rotate between taking dandelion root and nettle throughout the pregnancy.
Also Omega oils

I admit that sometimes I feel overwhelmed with her recommendations. I am new to the whole herb thing. I am going to take them and see what I think.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:03 AM

Wow--thats a lot of stuff to choke down! I'm new to herbs too but they do really seem to help. I'm telling you--I've been taking ginger capsules 3x a day and they really do seem to calm my queasy stomach. I hope you have a good health food store near you!

Oh and congrats on your wonderful news! I teared up myself while reading your happy update!

Wendy  Wife to my sweet husband, homeschooling mom to 4 little girls and a new blessing due in November! chicken3.gif
Old 10-23-2008, 03:17 AM

Glad everything is ok. It's pretty normal to have spotting during pregnancy. I had brown spotting for two weeks with my son's pregnancy and never even thought twice about it. All three of my friends also had spotting and one friend even had red blood like a period several times (placenta was slightly detached) but all four of us went on to have healthy babies. I also recommended that my friend take vitamin E to help strenghten her placenta-- it was recommended in my midwifery textbook. I'm having brown spotting again right now at the 8 week mark, but I figure it's because this is the time I would be normally having a period. My friend with the placenta problems also had her spotting/red blood at 8 weeks and then again at exactly 12 weeks-- when her period would have been normally due as well. Gets some rest and try and stay positive.

Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
Mom to Conner (8/19/03) and Parker (5/23/09)::::
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM

I had to take false unicorn root a couple of weeks ago for a threatened miscarriage and apparently it worked! I'm so glad you heard the heartbeat nice and strong. What a scary time for you.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover Mama View Post
Thanks so much for all the support, guys!

To help strengthen my placenta my midwife recommended taking in addition to my prenatal vitamin (a whole food vitamin):

400-600 iu of Vitamin E
Bioflavonoids w/vitamin c added
False Unicorn

Also, I had kidney issues (a stone and kinked ureter, the kinked ureter was THE worst pain I have ever gone through) and gall stones with my last pregnancy which was just bizarre cause I have never had a problem with either before. At my first visit with her for this baby she said there was protein in my urine, which shows strained kidneys. To help with that she told me to take:
1 TBSP mineral goat whey powder daily
and rotate between taking dandelion root and nettle throughout the pregnancy.
Also Omega oils

I admit that sometimes I feel overwhelmed with her recommendations. I am new to the whole herb thing. I am going to take them and see what I think.
How's it going? Were you able to find the herbs you needed?

Old 10-23-2008, 03:48 PM

I know this is an old thread, but I had brown spotting today. my midwife offered the u/s but I opted out. (I have an appt on Tuesday, so I figured I could just get one then.) Am I nutty? My husband leaves for an international business trip for 2 weeks on Monday, and he said he wanted to be with me if it was bad news. Should I schedule one for tomorrow? I just sort of felt if this is the end, my body will tell me in its own time. But I want to respect his feelings too. I haven't had any cramping, and I guess it's probably easier for me in some ways because it's my body and he's just the on-looker. Any thots?
Old 10-23-2008, 04:47 PM

clarissa--Personally, having found out from an u/s that I had a loss, I really, really wish my DH had been there with me. For the emotional support at the moment, yes, but even more because then I would not have had to call him at work and explain what had happened. Just my two cents.

User Tag List