Meet Jenivere MDC's Member of the Month for August! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We are pleased to introduce Jenivere! She has been a member since 2003!

How did you first find Mothering? MDC? I believe I was searching for something to do with reusable bags and found the Mindful Home forums but I can't be certain since I can't see my oldest posts.

What’s your favorite MDC forum? I think it is a tie between Mindful Home Management and Homeschooling.

What keeps you coming back to MDC? Friendship and the wide variety of information.

Can you tell us a little bit about your family?
I have been married to my husband for ten years and we have four children; 1 boy and 3 girls. I am a SAHM and we are unschoolers. Someday we'd like to have a small homestead but for now we live in a little farming town and grow what we can in our backyard.

Is there something that you do now that you probably never would have done if it weren’t for MDC?
I think I can credit MDC with cloth diapering my kids and a lot of my current attitude towards food and politics.

Tell us something most don’t know about you. On MDC? I come from a very large family; I have 5 sisters and 3 brothers. My husband comes from a family of 7. Our parents come from families of 10 and 14 children etc.

What are you most proud of? I don't know if proud is really the right word. I think though that I am happy that I came across a lot of the information I did before I had children. I am grateful that I learned about things like circumcision, birth, herbs etc in the very beginning.

Are you a night owl or an early-bird-gets-the-worm? I love being up in the quiet early morning hours but find staying up past my kids so tempting that I usually stay up to late to get up early.

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? What about now? I always wanted to be a teacher and as I grew older an architect. I never became a professional teacher but I enjoy teaching my children. I did go to school for Computer Aided Drafting but gave it up for my children. Right now I really don't want another job but someday I'd like to work in a Library or own a business that recycles things like floors and cabinets from old homes..

Do you consider yourself introverted or extroverted? Introverted

Would you say you are neat or messy? Well strictly speaking I am messy. I like things neat and clean but I am the queen of procrastination. If I can't do something exactly right the way I want it I put it off over and over...

Do you like to cook? What is your ideal meal? I do enjoy cooking and baking. I like comfort foods; mashed potatoes and gravy, meat loaf, corn on the cob etc. I don't have an ideal meal. I bake wth whole wheat so I like searching for recipes that use it or converting ones that don't.

What's your favorite/go-to cleaning product? Baking soda and vinegar.

What do you consider your worst vice? It's a tie between my temper and procrastination.

What’s sitting on your dining room table right now? Books, papers, boxes from the computer we are building. Bedside table? Books; The Herbal Medicine Makers Handbook, TTOYF, Phonics Pathways, Childrens Anthology of stories I think. Lamp, alarm clock, flash drive, and a few odds and ends my kids put there.

What's the last book you've read? I'm currently reading Wild Fermentation.

Favorite all-time move? The Princess Bride

Favorite book? I adore reading and don't feel I can pick a favorite book. In the past I've really enjoyed books like Jane Eyre. I like a lot of authors; Dean Koontz, Mercedes lackey, Jane Austin, Louis L'Amour, Issac Asimov. I'm fairly eclectic.

Do you have other sites you enjoy participating/reading at? I have a small private crunchy LDS board I belong too.

Do you have a favorite saying or personal motto? I like to collect quotes; my current facebook quite is “Do not let the endless
succession of small things crowd great ideals out of sight and out of mind.” ~Charlotte Mason

What is your quest?
My personal quest is common one I think; to be a better mother and wife; to raise kind, considerate, responsible and curious children.

Not all those who wander are lost 
#2 of 8 Old 08-03-2010, 08:48 AM

Enjoyed reading this very much!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." -Plato
#3 of 8 Old 08-05-2010, 10:50 PM

I love learning about everyone! Jenivere very nice to get to know you a little better.

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#4 of 8 Old 08-09-2010, 09:16 AM

Look at you!!! I almost died when I saw it was you and BMJ! Love and miss you all!

Living DAIRY AND GLUTEN FREE for my SPD and Aspergers Little Man.
#5 of 8 Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NamastePlatypus View Post
Look at you!!! I almost died when I saw it was you and BMJ! Love and miss you all!
Hi Gorgeous!

:
#6 of 8 Old 08-11-2010, 02:41 PM

Hi gorgeous!

I'm getting a good laugh from my picture, it looks distorted.

:
#7 of 8 Old 08-20-2010, 07:03 PM

enjoyed reading about you, Jenivere.

I have to say when I saw your photo I thought..."what's brooke shields doing on MDC?"

Check out New Moon on my Astrology Site

http://tracyastrosalon.blogspot.com/

#8 of 8 Old 08-30-2010, 12:40 AM

Oh gosh, it's been a few years since I've been compared to her.

:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page