Hi Mamas! - Mothering Forums
New Member? Introduce Yourself! > Hi Mamas!
NinaCeleste's Avatar NinaCeleste 06:28 PM 11-16-2010

Hi there,

I am a proud Mama to a beautiful 9 month old girl. It can be challenging at times because I don't have any of my family around, and I am the first of my friends to have a baby. I feel like they just don't get it...plus when I gush about my baby girl I can almost feel the roll of the eyes..."here she goes again!" Its lonely at times, with no one to talk "baby" talk with. I am on here to meet other moms, and feel conected to something that is bigger than just my community. I am very excited to ask questions, make friends, and I hope to help other moms out as well!

peacenlove's Avatar peacenlove 10:42 PM 11-16-2010

Welcome to MDC!!wave.gif

cyclamen's Avatar cyclamen 09:14 PM 11-17-2010

Welcome... this is definitely the place to talk baby talk.  :)

Orel's Avatar Orel 11:14 AM 11-18-2010

Hi there!! I'm a new member too. I was in a very similar place when I had my first baby. No family around and the first of my friends to have a baby. It can be very isolating, so it's great that you've found these forums. Lots of supportive mamas to talk to! Hope you enjoy it here!

sodakdoula's Avatar sodakdoula 03:54 PM 11-18-2010

Hello all!!  I am a South Dakota momma to 2 gorgeous boys!!  An almost 20month old and a 4 1/2 year old.  They keep me very busy!!  I have technically been a member for a while, but just now decided to hop on here and start making friends with some like minded mamas!!  

Meksmama's Avatar Meksmama 04:05 AM 11-19-2010

Welcome to MDC!!!

phathui5's Avatar phathui5 04:32 PM 11-19-2010

Welcome!

mphealth's Avatar mphealth 01:17 AM 11-20-2010

Hello all, 

Im a single mom with 1 kids. I hope i can start making friends here with other moms. 

WorldsBestMom's Avatar WorldsBestMom 09:19 AM 11-20-2010

Hi there and Welcome!! Just keep strong darling i am sure you are doing a great job.

NinaCeleste's Avatar NinaCeleste 05:09 PM 11-20-2010

Thanks Orel! It can be hard and lonely at times. We are moving soon, and I am determined to get my self out there and join some mommy groups. I think it will be good for me to join something with like minded mamas in it... It can't hurt my sanity eaither! Do you or any one else, have any ideas on where to look if I were to make mommy friends? Public Library? I just don't know where to begin...

Orel's Avatar Orel 05:53 PM 11-20-2010

If you're nursing La Leche League groups are a great place to meet mama friends. If you haven't already the "Finding Your Tribe" forum on these boards may be a good place to look. Libraries,as you mentioned, playgroups, kid-friendly coffee houses.... Having mama friends is definitely a life-saver! Good luck with your move!

Irishmommy's Avatar Irishmommy 06:47 AM 11-22-2010

:w  Welcome to Mothering!

Kidzaplenty's Avatar Kidzaplenty 12:34 AM 12-25-2010

Welcome to MDC!

Up