30 YO TTC #1...Total Newbie!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!!!

I hope to learn as much as I can from this site to help my husband and I conceive our first baby together. He has a 9 year old from a previous marriage, but she lives halfway across the country with her mom.

We have a big baby of a dog though, and he fills my life with love and laughter in all his "I'm a little lap dog" moments, when he's really a big horse.

We've been trying for approx. 3 months, I just got off BCP after 15 years on Ortho Tri Cyclen LO...I'm hoping my stuff still works!!!

I'm still in trial mode on FF but I think you can still see my chart? http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/33624a

I'm really looking forward to going through this journey with all of you!

C

#2 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 12:20 PM

Yay! so excited for you. I used fertility friend too and found it very helpful. My cycle was very irregular so we tried 3-4 days before and after my usual spike in temp. Good luck to you, it's a wonderful journey.

Oh, and we have a 125 lb lapdog ourselves :) she was a real comfort to my pregnancy and she's incredibly gentle and attentive my my daughter, who just turned 10 months old.

#3 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyMama74 View Post

Yay! so excited for you. I used fertility friend too and found it very helpful. My cycle was very irregular so we tried 3-4 days before and after my usual spike in temp. Good luck to you, it's a wonderful journey.

Oh, and we have a 125 lb lapdog ourselves :) she was a real comfort to my pregnancy and she's incredibly gentle and attentive my my daughter, who just turned 10 months old.

Meant comfort to me during my pregnancy!

Anyway, welcome and good luck!

#4 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 12:37 PM

cristinimartini - Welcome!  If you haven't already, you should check out the "TTC #1 in our 30's" group in the TTC section.  It's a great group of ladies and lots of helpful info and support.  Good luck to you! 

Valerie - Happily married to DH since 09/08 love.gif

Baby Jacob's finally here!!  10/4/11  babyboy.gif

#5 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies!!!

I was keeping track by hand (I didn't even think to do it online! DUH!!) and then I found FF, and a whole bunch of other sites that track it for you. Any recommendations on which is best?

Val, I think I joined that thread this morning as well!! I'm super excited to have other people to talk about this with. No one knows we're trying except you girls (and the internet?!) and my hubby...I told my mom we'd only have fur babies and she started to cry haha...I just want it to be a surprise and not feel like I'm letting anyone down if we can't.

I love the big doggies!! We grew up with Danes and so rescuing the dane/boxer mix was just perfect!!

#6 of 10 Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC!!  :)

luxlove.gif Mommy to my 2 girls 2whistle.gif,joy.gif and 1 little boy thumbsuck.gif.  Wifey to my amazing stillheart.gif husband!  blowkiss.gif Loving my every moment of motherhood! 
#7 of 10 Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM

I am new here too,TTC is fun if you let it be!

It is great (IMO) you didn't tell anyone cause when I informed my mom I was ttc she called me almost everyday wanting to know personal business lol. My Dh and I used lube but I read on several sites that you should not use it when you are ttc. We purchased pre-seed and got pregnant two months later. It is a little pricy but it got rave reviews. I am now 13wks!

Do not leave it on a bed side table or your furbaby might try to eat it. One of my 3 furbabies bit into the tube and tore off the cap, luckily she didnt get sick at all but she did digest some of it.

#8 of 10 Old 02-03-2011, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

OMG! Can you imagine explaining that to the vet?! Hahaha...wonder what's in it that makes it so tasty?

I've been contemplating the Preseed use, but I find that we really don't "need" it, although I'm not 100% sure I get EWCM. Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! I'm sure your mom is thrilled and wants to hear all the details now :D I wish you a happy and healthy 6 more months!!!! Thank you for the welcome :)

#9 of 10 Old 02-03-2011, 04:49 PM

LOL if lady bug had to go to the vet I would have handed over the box and said "She ate this". I am not sure if I needed it either but I did buy it. Thank you for the well wishes.

#10 of 10 Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM

Welcome.gif Welcome to Mothering!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page