Hello all... pleased to meet you. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 01-09-2012, 02:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a soon to be step mother.

Eager for all feedback, especially from others who are step-mothers. 

I am currently engaged to the man of my dreams who has a lively 5 year old. 

While she is adorable, she is extremely challenging. 

Currently we get her every other weekend, but my fiance is about to go back to court to get her on a more 50/50 basis. While I fully support him and his decision, there are feelings that arise sometimes that are obviously me being scared and unsure. 

I want to be the best step-mother that I can possibly be, and I know that I will screw up from time to time. 

You don't get to be an awesome parent over-night. It takes trial and error, time and patience. Hell, a year and a half ago... I didn't even want children. 

So its step by step for me. I ask for understanding.

I was apart of another forum and was attacked for being honest with my feelings. I lay it on the line, I don't tip-toe and I wouldn't ask you to either. But I do ask for you to put yourself in my shoes as I put myself in others shoes prior to engaging in conversation. 

I see my fiances position, I know how he feels as a birth parent and I am trying to grasp my own as a newly engaged person and a soon to be step-mother as well as staying true to myself. This is all still new to me. 

There are times where I will be selfish and yet there are many more times where I put someone else's needs in front of my own. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page