Finally saying hello! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-12-2012, 06:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I've lurked on here forever but I finally made time to say hello! I love all the information I get from mothering.com and this forum! 

I am a mother to 4 wonderful kids, oldest son is 8, then we have 4 yr old B/G twins, and our youngest is 17 months (and still nursing strong!). Even though we don't plan on having any more kids I still enjoy researching childbirth and breastfeeding information, mainly because I think if we don't keep natural childbirth and breastfeeding out in the open it will slowly slip away. I want to do my part in educating and informing other families that there are other options besides a doped up hospital birth and formula. I want to become a lactation counselor and possibly a doula. I just need to find the time and extra money!

I recently started a breastfeeding support group for the area that I live because the closest LLL meeting is about an hour away. I'm very happy with the way its going and I'm hoping it will only get better. Here's a link to my blog I started to keep families updated on the meetings and to help them find breastfeeding information. All constructive criticism is welcome! smile.gif

Thanks,

~M~

#2 of 3 Old 01-12-2012, 06:55 AM

WELCOME!!!

mdcblog5.gifsaynovax.giffambedsingle2.gifhomebirth.jpg

#3 of 3 Old 01-12-2012, 04:39 PM

welcome to MDC!

living with alopecia universalis (google it), learning alongside my children DD 2003blahblah.gif DS 2007fencing.gifDD 2011jog.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page