New Lady Here! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello - New to the community so I wanted to post an introduction. I am a 30 year old woman (just turned in February!). Newly engaged. My fiance' and I have been together for a little over three years now. We plan to marry in March of 2014. And want to start attempting to conceive shortly thereafter.

-Reasons we are waiting 2 years.
Because we are both in our final year of college. He very likely has a job offer in another state, immediately following graduation. But I am settled with the company I work for, and am in the early stages of developing a completely new Department/Division that I will be maintaining/managing/training for. I'd like to stay on as a consultant who flies back, even if we do decide to move to another state. At first we wanted to marry in 2013, but decided there were far too many other big year moments happening. We want the dust to be settled a little bit before adding marriage + kids to it. Also, we both moved to New York for school, and I'd like to be settled where we will be, before TTC.

-My fears with TTC
I've had several health problems previously. I've had painful menstruation since I was 11. And even though that's gradually become less of a problem, I still have Mittelschmerz. I also have had kidney stones, kidney infections, and IBS. I was diagnosed with Interstitial cystitis last year, and they also discovered I have two semi-medium sized Subserosal fibroids (one of which is right over my bladder....yay me.) So essentially, even though I haven't shown any signs of fertility problems, in fact my doctor's seem to think I should be fine, they also think I will run into a few snags - mostly dealing with discomfort/pain due to the kidneys, fibroids, and IC. Nothing that will prevent fertility but make it sort of suck at first.

So being the person that I am, I have been studying up on it now. So that I have plenty of time to study, prepare, and make the process as healthy for my baby (and myself), even with these few bumps in the way. My fiance and I are vegan. We stay away from dairy, red meats, and stick to alot of vegetables/fruits. I drink 1+ liters of water a day (due to the kidneys) and stay away from caffeine for the most part. I love GNC. I also chart, I took birht control pills during college (when I got my first degree), but it actually worsened my pain, so I've been charting since - with a barrier method during ovulation. So at this point, for about 9 years.

I joined because I want to soak up as much information as I can. I have specific plans on what types of products I want to use, the sort of education and lifestyle I want for my children, and I want to make sure I know all the facts.

Sorry, that turned into a novel. Just excited to be here!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page