New here... mom of 5. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 04-09-2012, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hey everyone!

I'm new, and figured this looked like a good place to meet some like-minded mommas. I've been pretty discouraged as most of our local friends don't have kids, and those that do still think we a pretty crazy for having such a large family and being somewhat "natural" in our parenting choices. My husband is a stay at home dad/professional photographer, and I work for a local college (which has the great perk of free college for all of our kids!). 

I have five children, and my husband and I have decided that there is room for one more in our hearts and home. We expect to have a few challenges this time around, as I'm hitting that "magic" age of 35 in less than a year, and I tend to have issues with preterm labor. We plan to start trying in the next couple of months, and I'd love to have a support group, even if it's just online buddies!

This time I want to take a more natural approach, avoid as much of the interventions as possible (I gave birth early last time due to a mistimed 17p shot, got talked into Pitocin for a premature baby that wasn't in distress- and labored without pain meds despite the pit, spent 3 weeks in NICU, etc.), and hopefully give birth at the new birth center that is slated to open next spring here in Atlanta. I feel like I owe it to myself to have one child my way, not on the agenda of a doctor and hospital, and I really look forward to our final baby. 

My kids are 16, 12, 7, 4 and 2. All boys except the 12 year old, so I'm quietly hoping for pink. ;)

Outside of our crazy home life, I ride horses and dabble in photography as well.

I look forward to getting to know everyone!

#2 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC, Jillian! 

#3 of 6 Old 04-10-2012, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! :)

#4 of 6 Old 04-11-2012, 06:11 AM

Hello Jillian,

I just joined this sight and your intro is the first I've read. I too am currently a stay at home dad like your husband, and my wife and I are practicing a more natural parenting style. We have one child, a 4 month old daughter Evelyn, and plan on having more. I hope you keep an eye out as I post questions, I'm sure I could use the help of experienced parents!

Hope you don't mind helping out a yankee......:)

Kevin

#5 of 6 Old 04-11-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

No problem with helping out a Yankee... born and raised in the north myself. But shhh, don't tell anyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMom1 View Post

Hello Jillian,

I just joined this sight and your intro is the first I've read. I too am currently a stay at home dad like your husband, and my wife and I are practicing a more natural parenting style. We have one child, a 4 month old daughter Evelyn, and plan on having more. I hope you keep an eye out as I post questions, I'm sure I could use the help of experienced parents!

Hope you don't mind helping out a yankee......:)

Kevin

#6 of 6 Old 04-12-2012, 01:30 AM

http://www.infoocean.info/avatar3.jpgI'm new, and figured this looked like a good place to meet some like-minded mommas

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page