New from WA. 3 crazy boys - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 04-25-2012, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Mother of 3 beautiful boys, married for 9 years this year. All my boys were born in May 04, 05 & 2010. Oldest is very argumentative, spunky, independent, loves sports & being active. Middle boy is extremely sensitive, goes with the flow & loves to help out. Youngest is going to be 2 next month & has 10x the personality the other 2 had. I'm a stay at home mom with a love/hate outlook on my role. I love being able to be there for my children & watch them grow & I hate not being "out there" & only "socializing" with my children & hubby. I feel that's pretty common with housewives, feeling neglected and not being challenged as adults but what do I know.....

That's my story in a nutshell, I was directed to this site by a family member & am loving it already.

PROBLEMS:

My husband is the oldest of 5 boys, I am the youngest in my entire family & have 1 brother....completely different upbringing. His parents are still married, a very strong Italian family. My mom has been married 3 times.... enough said. He grew up on the east coast, I grew up over here where "everyone is passive aggressive" as he would say (the longer we are married & live here the more I tend to agree). We have had our share of marriage "issues" but have come out on the other side better than ever but like any other marriage we still have our problems & arguments.

My biggest problem is hard to put into words, to sum it up we have a very different opinion on what is age appropriate for our children. He believes swearing is a part of life, if we stop swearing & don't teach them they are still going to hear it somewhere else. I agree with this, adults swear it's a fact, my children will be exposed be it from us or someone else. Now I have a 7 & 8 year old that swear & have frequent slip ups around me. Dad is very clear that they are not to swear around anyone but him, my concern is that he is playing more of a friend role than a dad role. 

My children have also grown accustom to my husband "east coast attitude"..... the only way I can explain it. It's very frustrating, they "clown" on each other (making fun) & my middle child is the brunt of most of this & he's the sensitive one. 

Any ideas, I'm in a house full of testosterone & am always the "typical overreacting woman" when I have an issue. He says they're typical crazy boys with attitudes but I think it's more than that. They have a hard time showing empathy & concern for others. Constantly worried about what they will get out of something....greedy I feel.... 

tired & frustrated, going with the flow & doing my best as a mom & wife but damn this is hard! thanks for reading my vent session

Stressed mom of 3 crazy boys xoxo

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 07-26-2013, 09:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Wow, you've got a lot going on. I really don't have any suggestions but do want to welcome you to our community. Bumping this so someone comes along with some better suggestions.

cynthia mosher likes this.

Visit the Holiday Helper thread and join in on the giving and fun! Loving and working with the plants. I have a store! or two!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page