Hello fellow parents and others! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 04-26-2012, 03:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi, I'm a 38 year-old mother of 2, a girl who is 7 and a boy who is 5. I am also a registered childminder in South London (UK) and a massage therapist. I also take photos at my husbands events, he's an electro-swing dj, and play the guitar and sing, I had my first support gig last week. I work to support my family because my husband's love of music hasn't been paying the bills! But I'm very fortunate because I love what I do, although I've nearly had enough of childminding now and want to devote more of my time and energy to my school-age children. They are amazing, and love the little one year-old I look after 3 days a week, but I find I'm often tired and impatient at the end of the day, as are they! I'm one of those people who likes to be busy, but then I overdo it and get upset. I'm learning how to ask for more help from my husband, this is a big lesson! My mum is a do-er and I hated her always being so busy, I really don't want to repeat the pattern so I try to sit down and make myself available as much as possible. The downside of this is that our house is a mess and there's lots of sorting that never gets done, I'm sure I'm not alone these days in letting the standards slide from when I was brought up. How did they do it?

All in all I feel myself to be very fortunate, it's nice to feel part of a world-wide community of mothers, I guess we're all different and all doing things slightly differently, but it's good to get other people view point on things.

Peace and love,

Embem

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Welcome.gif

Recommended Reading
User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version