Hello from CT ;) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2012, 08:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello my name is Carrie, I used to frequent this board...probably 10 years ago LOL. I'm 40 years old & I have 2 big girls, 12 & 10 and I used to have a busy WAHM cloth diaper business when they were young. Since then I got divorced,  got back into culinary world and became a chef, opened a Farm to Table restaurant that I ran for 3 years and sadly went out of business last october after our second week without power and losing all our food,  last fall (hurricane irene and snow storm albert or whatever they named it)

I got remarried this past July and my wedding present was a suprise pregnancy (found out 1 week b4 wedding)! We were planning on TTC and I had fertility problems with my girls so it was quite a blessing even if it meant I had a heck of a time squeezing my boobs into my wedding dress and I didn't get all those yummy cocktails I created for the wedding LOL.

So now my little guy is 9 weeks, had a little rough start with a cord wrapped around his neck - spent first 36hrs in NICU but recovered fully and is doing awesome, breastfeeding went fabulous from the start, he's gone from 7lbs 4oz to 11lbs now and we are starting to settle into live with a baby again. What a difference, I'm used to mostly sweet girls who you tuck in, kiss goodnight and walk away and do your own thing! LOL It's a blessing in disguise that I am no longer working 15hrs as a chef and business owner!

I am trying to figure out how the heck to have time to cook, I sell prepared foods, gelato and gourmet popsicles at a very busy CT farmer's market and also want to sell some artistic embroidered diapers. Getting anything done has been quite challenging!!!!

Anyway, looking forward to some good conversations here! I've been posting on a more mainstream site and realized it gets frustrated to listen to a lot of the conversations about disposable diapers, starting rice cereal and sleep training...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2012, 10:27 AM

Hi!  Welcome back!  I live in SE CT and I am in the restaurant biz as well.  Gelato yummy.gif  Congrats on your noob!

Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 PM

Welcome back!  Your story sounds really familiar, were you the mama behind the original SugarPeas?  If so, I LOVED your diapers and covers, especially the side snap fitteds!  I used to work at Papaya Patch in West Hartford and we sold them there... used them on my last two kids.  Sorry to hear about your restaurant, this fall was so hard on so many businesses.  Hope to see you around one of these days... is it the Coventry Market you sell at?  My business will be there in September as a market sponsor, it's such an awesome farmer's market! :)

*mama to c 2/2000, v 2/2004, p 9/2006, and h 12/2012*

one of the mamas behind BeanTreeBaby.com ...Gear for Growing Families!

Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM - Thread Starter

Ha ha yes I created Sugar Peas, that's so funny someone is still around from then! Your name actually sounds familiar. I'm sad Papaya Patch is no longer around when I have a baby again! I just googled your biz name, sounds very interesting! No shop right, just online? I could definitely use some help with babywearing.... Silas goes boob crazy (even if he's just eaten) as soon as I put him in sling and ends up fussing and crying until I nurse him, which is not always convenient lol

I do vend at Coventry Market! We've done the winter market for 2 yrs and this will be our 2nd summer market, it's a wonderful community amongst all the vendors as well as a great busy place to sell food ;)

Old 05-02-2012, 08:02 PM - Thread Starter

Boudicca - cool! What part of southeast CT? I'm near UConn Storrs

Old 05-02-2012, 08:22 PM

I'm down in Pawcatuck, right over the border from Westerly :)

ETA: You made Sugar Peas?!  I loved those!  I only had one cover and I killed them because I had no idea how to properly care for wool and I shrank them.  They were awesome while they lasted though!  And they live on because I couldn't part with them so I turned them into a little pouch for my knitting notions thumb.gif

Old 05-02-2012, 08:30 PM - Thread Starter

lol very cool. i sold it when my dd was 4 and it got too big for me to enjoy, doesn't seem like they kept up the momentum sadly, I still had some wool in bins I made a bunch of stuff for my little guy. I'm glad to hear you repurposed it! 

User Tag List