Hippie mom & Army wife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-30-2012, 09:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, all :) 

I feel like I am finally home! It is so nice to have a place where I can chit chat with like minded mommas. I have dabbled with other forums, but this one seems to be perfect for me. I stumbled across this forum a while back & for some reason, I didn't jump in head first. Timing, maybe. Regardless, I am happy to be starting back up now. 

My husband & I have one little boy who is the light of our lives, of course. He is almost 6 (going on 26) & we have been homeschooling for a little over a year. My husband is in the Army, so we are constantly on the move it seems. We don't stay anywhere long enough to get bored, although we yearn for some place to call our own. Maybe somewhere in Alaska or the Appalachians. Our goal is to live a much more self-sufficient life & we work hard to gain as much knowledge (& experience) as possible to make that happen. My friends & family all think I'm some "silly hippie" for the most part & that's a-okay with me :) I am sure some of you can relate, lol. I just feel that following the "norm" is rarely the best thing & that research is vital to coming out on top. Ah, I'll stop before I get off on a late-night tangent. Haha. 

I look forward to talking with you all more in the near future! 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2012, 07:30 PM

Hi!  Welcome to MDC Welcome.gif

I wanted to point out a few forums you might be interested in:

The Childhood Years

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/65/the-childhood-years

Learning At Home & Beyond

http://www.mothering.com/community/f/50/learning-at-home-and-beyond

There are also lots of other military moms here, so I'm sure you'll find a lot of great connections.

Old 06-02-2012, 11:45 AM

Hi I'm a new mom to a baby girl *&  I;m new to this site and seem to like it soo far. My family is always calling me the hippie mom.. I take it as a complement lol mostly just because I really don't like modern meds and all the bad products in the supermarkets exc. I think we might have a little bit in common, hopefullly talk to you in the furture!

User Tag List