hi there...am so happy there are other places to come....babyandbump singled and bullied me out of their website!!!!:( - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hi everyone.....well here i am loooking and seeking support in other places...was a babyandbump member for only these coupld of weeks and within a short period of time i realized not only does babyandbump.com welcome members who are pure traditonalists but it is the dmin team themselvs that join in a debate failing to diffuse a situation and instead join in on the bulliying......i was cornered and bullied on one single thread for 7 pages befroe i reatliated and it was not something like me swearing or anything despite numerous attempts of justifying an opinion i did have and even apologizing for understading why they may not agree and that we should all agre to disagree (and some other memeber who were trying to be supportive were also attacked!!!)....i finally showed them the example that expressing an opinion on someone and forcing it upon them is not a nice thing i have the admin team supposedly block my thread..(or so i thought) and thrn realize i am deactivated and then join in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am only 9 weeks and i have been on forums for over 8 years....i have alwsy managed to maintain a non biased, non judgmental supportive and neutral opinion on matters no matter how bizre and maybe how different to my onw views...and if i didn't like something and had a strong feeling about it.....i would avoid a thread alotgethr instead of joining in and bulyying a person..becasue lets face it who are we to judge....what may be my opinion may not be yours...it doesn;t make my view right and yours wrong.....right???and a healthy debate is ok too....and i was fine for 7 pages when i realized people were not backing off and the admin still didn't intervene when i finally responded they JOINED IN!!!!!

i am absolutly appaled hurt and deely stressed with that webite and hope coninue seeking support and provide my own wisdom of 10 year of prenancy , birth, and parenting in the other website that i am now a member in. i have now also found evidence that BabyandBump are popular for being very biased and that the admin staff is not supportive of ALL members should your views and opinions DARE not match to their own.....they professionalim leaves alot to be desirted and unless you want to go on there to be axed and crucified ( and it happened to me unexpectadly) you will eventually may face the same fate as i did. trsut me it just happens one minute your posting a honest and oopen post about someting innocently nothing serious and the next before you know it your cornered and singled out....this can happen in other sites too..but you hav the admin team intervene to diffuse the situation and stop bullying in its tracks.....here this was not the case....

i had a bad feeling about the site because i did see other threads were it seemed to happen and kept rolling my eyes about the attitude of members and wondered why the admin team didn not intervene by diffusing the situation and stopping the bullying!!!!!!!never for one minute did i think it would happen to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BABY AND BUMP IS TO BE AVOIDED if you want to say happy and healthy in your pregnancy they caused me so much humiliation and stress that i didn't desrve....i have hd pain in my groin since yesterday......noone desrves to be treated like that.....

anyway...i know i should not care and get on with it..but being humiliated having your credibility and integrity questiones so unfairly is a very hurtful and unpalatable experience......i hate for anyone to go through this esp in my condition.......so i neede to vent here....

#2 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 AM

I am so sorry you went through that. Mothering does a great job of avoiding that and all the women I've encountered have been nothing but supportive. I hope you find the home for support you are looking for here.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#3 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 03:38 AM

I am so sorry you went through that. Mothering does a great job of avoiding that and all the women I've encountered have been nothing but supportive. I hope you find the home for support you are looking for here.

Mama to my twin butterfly boys, Alan and Bruce, who passed away at 22 weeks gestation (3/24/12): Forever in Our Hearts. Our rainbow baby girl, my little bud of Hope,  joined our butterfly boys and Grandma Jan 1/31/13 at 9 weeks gestation. Love you so much. Next step: triadadopt.jpg
#4 of 4 Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM

Welcome!  Yeah, I find those mainstream boards really hard to feel a part of.  Hopefully you like it better here.  Congrats on your pregnancy!!!  You might want to look into the due date clubs here.  I've met some of my best online friends through MDC's DDCs!

Cindy + DH Paul = DS1 (4/26/06), DS2 (11/30/07), DD (12/20/10) & surprise 4th edition coming in April 2014.

Bradley Method Natural Childbirth Educator, Doula, and Breastfeeding Counselor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page