howdy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-07-2012, 09:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello,

well this is my first time to have a baby so very new to this. my boyfriend and i are really excited but of course really nervous.

well..... lol im not much of a talker but any advice would be great.

i do have a question though since its been on my mind that im to the point that im going crazy because i cant stop thinking about it.

tuesday went to my obgyn and he gave me the results to my pap smear and the doctor told me i have a level 3 abnormality. he thinks its hpv but he hasnt even tested for it. the obgyn is ot the nicest guy and very rude. i have medicaid due to not being able to afford my own medical insurance and i do not have any parents to help me. im 23 and never had any problems with my pap smear except for my first one but that was due to scarring. he will be doing a colospy( i doubt i spelled that right) this coming up tuesday and it cant come any sooner. im very nervous and my doctor didnt even reassure me or anything. he just told me and moved on to the sonogram. at that point i was in a dazed and confused state of mind. any information or any reassurance would be great because its very scarey the way the doctor told me. my boyfriend has been very supportive and has done everything he can do but any womens advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2012, 06:01 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Welcome Pillierox1.  Congratulations on yoour pregnancy!  I'm sorry your OB didn't give you the answers you needed.  Is there a nurse practitioner in the practice you go to?  I've found that they are more likely to take the time to answer questions.  You may also want to ask your questions in the I'm Pregnant  and/or the Health and Healing forums to get a more in depth answer to what your pap smear results might mean.

User Tag List