Hi Everyone, I am a total mess....in California - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2012, 10:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I lost my mom four months ago therefore I incredibly grief stricken. I am an unmarried stay-at-home-mom/ full-time student. Possibly pregnant after one mistake after being abstinent for a year!! !and a Sunday school teacher :( A lot of things are going on in my life and have been for sometime which I am sure everyone here may be able to relate to. I am a new Christian (1 Year), originally raised as a Buddhist and so I am in not only having a crisis of identity from the loss of my mother, but prior to that I had a crisis of faith, overall I seem to be experiencing a serious mid-twenties crisis. I am 25. 

I am loyal, forgiving, and honest. I love my daughter, she is 6. I love my partner, he is sweet, kind, loyal, and dedicated, though he hasn't popped the question, and before becoming a Christian this was something I was not worried about, but now, I feel pressured to get it over it! Is that good or bad? I am sure something maybe a rye with it. Nevertheless its a pressure that seems to be building every Sunday, at some point it has to happen right?

I am a blogger. I love books & reading. Career wise I am still lost, though right now I am studying Biology & Psychology. I guess I just want to get to know other mothers, ones that maybe a bit neurotic like me.

I hope I didn't offend anyone,  I am just always honest about myself, it's the best cure.

Michelle in the California

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. " - C.S Lewis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Dar

greet.gif
Welcome to Mothering! I'm sorry for your loss. I'm not sure which forums you've found so far, but we have a Grief and Loss forum that might be helpful to you, and in the Spirituality Forum there's a thread for Crunchy Christian mamas where you might feel at home! And we have a Books forum as well... smile.gif

fambedsingle1.gifSingle mom to Rain (1/93) , grad student, and world traveler earth.gif

Old 06-15-2012, 02:59 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Dar, I will head over to those groups now :-)

Michelle

"We all want progress, but if you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive. " - C.S Lewis

Old 06-16-2012, 12:32 PM

welcome and so sorry for the loss of your mother. it is a very difficult thing, to lose a mother.

Old 06-16-2012, 03:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahappymel View Post

welcome and so sorry for the loss of your mother. it is a very difficult thing, to lose a mother.

Thanks for the welcome, and your right it is incredibly difficult, but I am doing my best to heal.

Michelle

User Tag List