Mother of junior kindergartner - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 07-19-2012, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I finally  had to switch to the prenatal class (really? yes really. It was for our own good, of course) at my favorite yoga studio, (Bloom Yoga! Hi!) I found and enjoyed Mothering Mag. So I have benefited from Mothering and the online articles since the print days.

Somehow I never found my tribe once we moved across the city from Bloom - it was not just geography - but a group of like-minded mothers who are thoughtful about their practices and content to describe rahtther than proscribe among friends.  Now that I have a junior kindergartner I can be so much more specific about what our family is about.  At first is seems like everything is important, and you just do what you do.  Who knows what to call it? It's just our family.  So I've moved from the newbie 'underlining everything in all caps', to knowing what makes us, well, us.  

I found that blogs and online forums are the key to understanding yourself and your family and I am happy to finally be a part such an amazing community.  Wisdom, is wisdom shared.

(and shout out to what we called the "Doula it yourself" class at Soulistic, my doula friend and I still talk about it!)

Thanks for all the years thus far - and I finally have room for more!

Shari

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-20-2012, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC, Shari!  You might like the Childhood Years forum.

#3 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 12:55 PM

Glad you found us!  

And out of curiosity:  What's a junior kindergartener?  I haven't heard the term before, so I'm guessing it's regional.  

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#4 of 4 Old 07-24-2012, 01:43 PM - Thread Starter

It must be!  It is new to us as well.  Here, JK is for 4 year olds and Senior Kindergarten is for 5 year olds.  We have already been to a preschool program, for 3 year olds, but I must admit we skipped "tots" which is for 2 year olds and mothers together.  So the most universal description might be a two year kindergarten program which blends seamlessly.  We'll see how it goes!

Shari

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page