Happy To Be Here - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

New member reading up on all the good topics listed here. 

My main purpose here is to gain information in regards to infertility.  I've read a few threads concerning iodine deficieny being one of the culprits.  I am deficient and as of now paint myself with lugols solution.  I use to take it by pill form but it caused some severe bloating to my tummy.

A little about myself,  I'm a 48 year old mother of 5 adopted children.  I guess even though I'm fufilled with my grown 4 and 1 still living at home children, the desire to have biological children never goes away.  I am married to my husband of 27 years and our joy right now is housing and taking care of abused and neglected children in our city.

I've been to several physicians in my life time and no one has really told me what our problem was.  I've tried some oral fertility meds but they did nothing. From my own readings and knowlege I can say I had ovaries that looked like PCOS.  Over the years I've tried to take control of my health and have tried a few things for overall health that I'm sure is helping my infertility issue but nothing has hit the spot.  I do know the lugols iodine does something to my ovaries because I feel things down there happening.  The most recent is I discovered eggwhite mucus and I haven't seen this in a while, only near the time I did become pregnant appr. 6 years ago but lost it at appr. 7 weeks.  The physician I'm seeing now is great.  She listens and has been trying to balance my hormones for a few years now.  She thinks outside of the box and tries alot of things I have told her about.  Even though my thyroid tests always showed normal, she put me on meds according to her abnormal and these have greatly helped my energy levels.  I've had a past history with parasites that I discovered myself and I think I've done a pretty good job of ridding myself of them.  It took several battles but I think I finally won.  I've also been anemic my entire life and take iron supplements but I always return to anemia shortly.  We haven't figured that one out yet.  About 3 years ago my adrenal glands decided they wanted to almost stop functioning so I was put on hydrocortisone pills.  I think once I get my iodine levels to the top I will begin to wean off the HC because I do notice I can go longer periods without the HC while taking the iodine.  My body also does better when I'm eating correctly with no junk food so now I'm trying to adjust my eating habits again to healthy ones.

I would love to hear from you ladies concerning any infertiliy issues you may have had and how you overcame them.  Time is steadily ticking by and I will be satisfied with what God has blessed me with, but as I tell him often, it sure would be nice to see my husband and myself in a sweet little ones face.  :0)

#2 of 6 Old 07-23-2012, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Hi blessedx44.  Welcome to MDC!  Have you gotten a chance to visit our infertility and Trying to Concieve forums?  It sounds like you'd get some great information there. 

#3 of 6 Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 AM - Thread Starter

Hi QueenOfTheMeadow,

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.  I'm on my way!

Thanks again.

#4 of 6 Old 07-24-2012, 11:48 AM

Hooray!  And welcome.  There's a lot to see here, so don't hesitate to speak up if you need some help finding your way around.  

Glad you're here. :)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#5 of 6 Old 07-27-2012, 03:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedx44 View Post

Hi everyone,

New member reading up on all the good topics listed here. 

My main purpose here is to gain information in regards to infertility.  I've read a few threads concerning iodine deficieny being one of the culprits.  I am deficient and as of now paint myself with lugols solution.  I use to take it by pill form but it caused some severe bloating to my tummy.

A little about myself,  I'm a 48 year old mother of 5 adopted children.  I guess even though I'm fufilled with my grown 4 and 1 still living at home children, the desire to have biological children never goes away.  I am married to my husband of 27 years and our joy right now is housing and taking care of abused and neglected children in our city.

I've been to several physicians in my life time and no one has really told me what our problem was.  I've tried some oral fertility meds but they did nothing. From my own readings and knowlege I can say I had ovaries that looked like PCOS.  Over the years I've tried to take control of my health and have tried a few things for overall health that I'm sure is helping my infertility issue but nothing has hit the spot.  I do know the lugols iodine does something to my ovaries because I feel things down there happening.  The most recent is I discovered eggwhite mucus and I haven't seen this in a while, only near the time I did become pregnant appr. 6 years ago but lost it at appr. 7 weeks.  The physician I'm seeing now is great.  She listens and has been trying to balance my hormones for a few years now.  She thinks outside of the box and tries alot of things I have told her about.  Even though my thyroid tests always showed normal, she put me on meds according to her abnormal and these have greatly helped my energy levels.  I've had a past history with parasites that I discovered myself and I think I've done a pretty good job of ridding myself of them.  It took several battles but I think I finally won.  I've also been anemic my entire life and take iron supplements but I always return to anemia shortly.  We haven't figured that one out yet.  About 3 years ago my adrenal glands decided they wanted to almost stop functioning so I was put on hydrocortisone pills.  I think once I get my iodine levels to the top I will begin to wean off the HC because I do notice I can go longer periods without the HC while taking the iodine.  My body also does better when I'm eating correctly with no junk food so now I'm trying to adjust my eating habits again to healthy ones.

I would love to hear from you ladies concerning any infertiliy issues you may have had and how you overcame them.  Time is steadily ticking by and I will be satisfied with what God has blessed me with, but as I tell him often, it sure would be nice to see my husband and myself in a sweet little ones face.  :0)

Hello blessedx44,

I'm new here too, and glad to have you at rite time. Thanks.

No one can play your role better than you.

#6 of 6 Old 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM

Hello Everyone,

I'm Glenn from US, I'm glad to i'm here with all of you. I wanting to gain more knowledge from the all intelligent peoples and surely wanting to share my own experience with all.. :)

Thank you.

Glenn

No one can play your role better than you.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page