Well, hello! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-11-2012, 06:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi all!  My name is Kate and I'm not only new to this community, but I'm about to be a new Mom.  I'm 35 years old, due in 4 weeks with my first child and I am quite possibly the most anxious person I know.  :)

My husband and I are looking forward to bringing our son into this world in the most natural way possible and raising him to be respectful, curious, considerate and independent.

We live in Hazel Park, Michigan (a suburb just North of Detroit) with our dog, Neko, and three cats (Mushpaws, Kittles and Baby Fatso).

These next four weeks are going to be nuts, because we are remarkably unprepared (lots to do still!), so I won't be posting much, but I hope to use this board as a resource much more once he gets here.

I will definitely be looking for advice on pediatricians that won't care about not vaccinating, breastfeeding, and attachment parenting, and I look forward to getting to know you.

Thanks for reading.

-Kate

#2 of 6 Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

Welcome.gif Kate!  Welcome to MDC.  Congratulations on your soon-to-be-born baby!  In this forum you can also find your "Tribal Area" and connect with families in your state.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 6 Old 08-13-2012, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!  How do I actually "join" my tribe though?  I've been perusing the forums and see the Indiana, Michigan, Ohio one and read through some stuff, but is there a way that you actually "join"?

#4 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 08:11 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)

You can subscribe to the forum by clicking on "Subscribe" near the top on the left.  There is a little star next to it.  This way you will be alerted anytime someone posts a new thread or a new comment in the forum.  You can receive updates by email or on this site only.  If you choose site only, you can check the new activity by clicking on "Subscriptions" at the top near the right by your name.  In the subscriptions area you will see all the forums and threads to which you subscribe and you can update subscriptions as needed.  Enjoy!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#5 of 6 Old 08-14-2012, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Awesome. Thank you! I had figured out the subscribe part.  Off to investigate other areas!

#6 of 6 Old 08-15-2012, 03:18 PM

Hi Kate and congratulations to you! smile.gif I’m new too and I remember what that was like and miss those times.   My youngest is 2 and wow it seems like just yesterday when she was born.  Time flies so enjoy it while it lasts.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page