A little introduction... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone,

I was recently told about Mothering.com and wanted to check it out. So far I really have enjoyed reading the threads and wanted to join so I thought I'd introduce myself. :)

My name is Brianne and I have a 20 month old daughter. I delivered her at home via a water birth with a midwife and doula. Loved it and will be doing home births for all future children. My husband really loved catching her, too.

I look forward to meeting everyone.

Brianne

#2 of 7 Old 08-24-2012, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)

Hi, and welcome to MDC!! 

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
#3 of 7 Old 08-27-2012, 02:01 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you very much. :)

Everyone here seems so nice and helpful. I'm really enjoying reading all the threads and talking with other like-minded mommies.

#4 of 7 Old 08-28-2012, 09:46 AM

Hi and welcome!  And congratulations on your positive birth experience. :)

Have you seen the updated user agreement yet?
#5 of 7 Old 08-28-2012, 02:46 PM

Welcome! It's lovely that you had a positive birth experience for your family, and that you plan on going that route if you can in the future. I love that you mentioned your husband appreciated "catching her" as well--love it! :)

Doula bellycast.gif and freelance writer notes.gif,  married to the best man I know joy.gif

Stepmother to DSS guitar.gif (9)

6-24-13 angel1.gif

8-9-12 pos.gif and planning on homebirth.jpg

#6 of 7 Old 08-28-2012, 03:42 PM

Hi I'm new here too! Welcome! I would love to have a home water birth the hubs just isn't on board ye.t I think he might change his mind after our son is born, I am using midwives for the first time

#7 of 7 Old 08-28-2012, 04:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone for such warm welcomes. :)

I wish every woman could have a positive birth experience. It is so amazing and empowering.

Since I was delivering at home my dog was in the room too (think studio style) and wouldn't leave my side throughout the entire labor. He laid next to the bed when in bed and next to the tub when pushing. He's a Golden Retriever, big around 100 pounds, and I never saw him during the labor. Had to wait to see it on the video. Loved that too. It was like he was protecting me and giving me space at the same time. I can't really explain it.

And yes, my hubby is more emotional than me (or at least was before I got pregnant - hormones and all). He cried when she came out and caught her. You can actually hear it in the birth video. I love that part. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipslady View Post

Hi I'm new here too! Welcome! I would love to have a home water birth the hubs just isn't on board ye.t I think he might change his mind after our son is born, I am using midwives for the first time

Lol. My hubby was born in a hospital and probably thought he'd always deliver in a hospital too. I was born at home so I always knew I would deliver at home. I'm glad he came on board, can't really remember when he fully agreed with me on it. We were together for 10 years when I got pregnant (we met in High School).

The water birth was a little weird for him in the beginning too. I just read up on it and statistics, sharing what I found with him including videos. The one with the dolphin showing up for a woman in labor in the ocean was pretty amazing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dh0v1_2JWMY). When he learned the statistics and reasons behind it he began to be more okay with it. I think he knew I felt very comfortable in water, would be able to move into better positions easily with a big belly, and the water would help with any pain. Ultimately though I think he trusted my decision and my midwife's experience. 

On a side thought, many women choose to labor in the bathroom on the toilet or in the bathtub with warm water. You can still use it during your labor if you wanted, but get out to deliver. It might be a compromise for you both. Just an idea though. Good luck with your pregnancy and I hope you have an amazing birth with your son.  :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page