New here in Louisiana - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am a mother of 3 boys who is a SAHM. I have been coming across this site off and on when searching for information on unschooling, pagan schooling and such so thought what the heck I will sign up and see what it's all about. I am home schooling my boys and have been since my oldest was in kindergarten. My oldest has been in public school before through first and second grade. He decided he wanted to go back to home schooling. He is now 4th grade, but 5th grade level in many things. We are unschooling this year (we technically unschooled last year also, but officially taking the title this year). 

My oldest son will be 10 in a few weeks. He wants to one day design and create his own comic book. My middle child is 7 and loves trains. He still enjoys and loves watching Thomas the Train and Chuggington. He is a huge Cars fan as well. My youngest is 5 and he enjoys watching Ruby Gloom. All 3 of my children I call my kiddie goths, because they love Tim Burton movies and anything dealing with Vampires and all those interesting monsters. They enjoy Hot Topic as much as mommy does. 

I myself love arts and crafts when I  have the time and money to put into it. I hope to start a business of my own one day even if it means starting out with a home business of some sort. I love to read and write. My favorite books are The Red Tent and The DaVinci Code. I enjoy writing poetry, have a few blogs I work on at times and my own website open to people wanting to grow their spiritual paths. I am a spiritualist and love nature. 

I hope to meet other like minded mothers on this site. smile.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-03-2012, 09:27 PM

Welcome to MDC :)

I hope you have a chance to check out the SAHM, Unschooling, and Entertainment forums. I love Tim Burton as well :) 

greet.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#3 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 02:02 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)

Welcome AdiaLaDean! Definitely check out the Stay at Home Parents forum. Lots of SAHM support there! 

#4 of 4 Old 10-05-2012, 06:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I will be sure to check them out. 

And yes Tim Burton is amazing. Just saw Dark Shadows last night which he produced. Johnny Depp + Tim Burton = amazing movies.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page