Hi new to site:) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-14-2012, 10:58 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!  Happy to have found this site and hope to connect and find my "tribe".  I live in B.C. and am the mother to two wonderful boys.  The last 3 years I have been homeschooling my children but due to financial circumstances have had to put them in school while I work outside our home.  It has been a difficult transition especially with my 6 year old, who unfortunately, has a teacher that is not warm or approachable.  I feel like I have failed on so many levels, especially since the feedback from the teachers has been that the boys are low in their reading (for my 6 year old) and printing (for my 8 year old).  The financial stressors have increased even more since my husband has not been working for the past 2 months now.  I don't have anyone to talk to and am feeling lost and sad.  I don't know if there are any resources out there for a person in  my position...but what I hope will happen with putting this out there is that I can find someone or many someones to talk to, and share information with....Thanks for listening:)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

hug2.gif  I'm so sorry you are going through so much, and I'm glad you found MDC.  I'm sure that you will be able to find support here. 

As far as your sons with their reading, all three of my boys were in special reading groups at that age.  Now they are reading well above their grade level.  I really think that for some kids it just takes longer to make it there.  So don't beat yourself up!

You might want to check out the Learning at School forum and the Frugality and Finances forum. 

#3 of 3 Old 10-14-2012, 08:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for the kind words:)  It means a lot....I will check out those forums that you suggested:)  They both sound like the support I am in need of...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page