Hello! New Mommy-To-Be here :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, all. I am a new mommy-to-be. Currently 8 weeks pregnant and very interested in natural birth. I am a little nervous about the potential of labor pains, but otherwise very excited for the rest of pregnancy and birth. I am definitely looking for objective advice on vaccines, circumcision and natural remedies as opposed to medical interventions. I am so excited to share this experience with you all. happytears.gif

#2 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 09:26 AM

Congratulations!, its gonna go by so fast trust me. I remember finding out, it seems like it was yesterday... Now i have a 1 wk old baby girl.

If you can have her naturally and handle the pain Go For It. I bet giving birth naturally is the most beautiful thing. I asked for an epidural i wanted to give birth naturally since i realized the epidural was heaven NO PAIN.... After almost 30 hrs of being in labour i was in NO pain. Unfortunately i needed to go to a c-section. My baby is healthy, im doing just fine.... But its still heart breaking that i wasnt able to deliver her. If you can, go for it. Natural birth is better for your baby an for you.
#3 of 3 Old 11-30-2012, 08:25 PM - Thread Starter

Yes, my goal is definitely natural childbirth, but I am not totally ruling out medicine for pain. I'm glad to hear it goes fast....today was my first appt. and due to due date confusion my midwife ordered an ultrasound. So, apparently I am only 6 weeks! A heartbeat was seen but it was only 70 beats, which they said is small. Yet, they also said the blood just started circulating. Meaning, it may be fine or may not? I am trying to remain positive and not worry, but it is a little scary to hear they have some doubts.... I'm just trying to enjoy the experience and not focus on the what ifs. I am so glad to know it we fast for you:)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page