Introducing Generation II Generation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I am new to Mothering and I absolutely love it. I wish I would have known about this when I was pregnant. I am here on a different note. I have a maternal infant program,(Generation II Generation) where I help low income mothers deal with issues that many of us probaly never have to deal with. (i.e. transportation to the doctors office, WIC appointments etc) We also send nurses out to the home to asses the environment, meeting the moms where they are and provide help right where they are. It could be that they don't have resources to find out things to help them, or they don't have a crib and they sleep with the baby (things like this cause infant mortality) Our goal is to educate the mom on injuries and issues that are preventable. That  may save their lives and their babies lives. Infant mortality is a big issue and I am excited to be on this journey with these moms and their babies. The articles that I have read are awesome and I share them with the women. Many of them do not have access to a compute so when they get these articles they look forward to them. So though I am not pregnant this page will still be very useful to me in my personal life as well as my organization. I know that this organization will help moms and babies for generations to come. 

Thank you!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC!

I used to be a WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselor and I loved it.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  
#3 of 3 Old 12-24-2012, 01:32 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC.

You might find Dr. McKenna's website a useful tool for helping to teach safe sleeping habits...   

http://cosleeping.nd.edu/

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page